Hayloft TSV 09/04/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great; a Hayloft TSV (as opposed to another RJ or T&M!). Their plants are great quality and I like the enthusiasm and interesting stories that David Ponton tells about the plants.:up:

hated that perennial border tsv it was jus dreadfull. the plants were poorly packed and dead on arrival. they were obviously pre packed days before the tsv. and he came on here to justify his folly by replacing the odd plant. his stories are good his plants not so good

Might be tempted, although I received my T&M poppies this week and they are looking very poorly indeed. I suspect they will die despite me caring for them intensely. On the other hand, the begonia plants are doing really well so I will have a look and make a judgement. Haven't bought Hayloft before but all the plants they show on TV just don't look as big or as healthy when they arrive through the post.

CC

Bought caliente geraniums from Hayloft last year and they arrived in excellent condition but did not do well, though i suspect the rotten wet summer played its part i cant help but feel the hayloft guy go's a bit OTT when he describes their plants but anyone is better than the flowerpot man and his products.

I find hayloft much better quality than t& m, Mine always been good.

I've never had any joy at all with plants from QVC ... Hayloft or otherwise. Maybe my fingers just aren't green enough but my husband has absolutely forbidden me from buying anymore from them.

Of course I don't normally do anything he tells me to but in this case I do feel rather inclined to agree with him.

love pelargoniums and these look fantastic the buy more save more option is better than the tsv price I suppose if they arrive in poor condition qvc are good with returns etc....

For the last few years I have bought all my bedding/basket plants locally from Wilko's, Aldi, B&Q etc. Previously I had bought from Q and other mail order garden suppliers and none of them were entirely successful the condition of the plants was poor lots of broken and damaged ones so for me it's not worth cost of postage etc. I would never buy from R.J. and I think the way they present these plants on Q is very misleading as the examples they show have been grown by professionals and obviously they only show the very best.

I bought some De Jäger lily bulbs purely on the size they showed the on the demo- they were huge. However when they arrived they were a lot smaller than I has hoped for. I rang customer services to complain and was told that they would make a note of my concerns but I had to understand they were an organic product a nd the size couldn't be guaranteed! How bl--dy condescending is that! I told them that if that was the case they should say so at the point of sale as many, if not most of the purchases would have been based on the product shown. Is it me or should I have known better.?

I have often wondered if the plants shown represent what are actually supplied i know the tree lilies i received a couple of years ago were smaller than advertised and consequently i have not bothered since.

The tsv is interesting might try them but frankly i am sick fed up with virtually the whole hour being taken up by RJ plugging his own products.

these are quite easy to do .you need some sun to really get them going but mine were fab last year and we did not have the best summer.

I bought some De Jäger lily bulbs purely on the size they showed the on the demo- they were huge. However when they arrived they were a lot smaller than I has hoped for. I rang customer services to complain and was told that they would make a note of my concerns but I had to understand they were an organic product a nd the size couldn't be guaranteed! How bl--dy condescending is that! I told them that if that was the case they should say so at the point of sale as many, if not most of the purchases would have been based on the product shown. Is it me or should I have known better.?

they should tell you the min and max size you should expect not just say you will get large bulbs. there is a price difference with larger bulbs usually giving a better show the bigger the bulb

they should tell you the min and max size you should expect not just say you will get large bulbs. there is a price difference with larger bulbs usually giving a better show the bigger the bulb

Exactly boffy, that's why I bought them because they actually said on the show that the bulbs were huge. Misselling or what?

I had 9 of the tree lilies and lost 3 the first year. I now have 4 left. 2 are about 4ft high the others about 3ft. Not exactly what I was hoping for.
I have often wondered if the plants shown represent what are actually supplied i know the tree lilies i received a couple of years ago were smaller than advertised and consequently i have not bothered since.

Well my geraniums have now flowered. The dark red ones are hot pink and surprise surprise the deep pink are hot pink. The only difference between them is dark green leaves or light green leaves. They look nothing like the pictures on QVC. Actually its a bit like the bright red water lilies I ordered a few years ago that was pink when it flowered. Even the replacement was pink. :headbang:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back