He is grinding my gears!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think rockstv may end up loosing business as it seems quite a few people find out about rockstv from this forum. Steve will probably calm down in time though and realise his mistake, sometimes people make decisions they don't mean in the heat of the moment and i think that is whats happened here.

I'm sure with rocks tv being on sky they will have gained a lot of business and once people have shopped with them most will be back time and again,and if they visit the web site and see the positive comments in the chat about the jewellery people have purchased they will be loyal customers like some of us are now I do hope Steve's family business keeps going from strength to strength.

I guess at the end of the day, even if there have been some "underhand" tactics and unwise emails, the bottom line is that as long as people are happy with the jewellery they have purchased and satisfied with the standard of customer care, then that is really all that will matter to them. (Bet though that even though Steve may not "log in" any more he will still keep his eye on the forum!:mysmilie_697:)

How long has it been since 'tommy' posted or even signed in?

Hi Yaz,

Just had a wee lookie at Tommy's user profile, and the last activity is shown as 13-09-2009 09:07 PM. Not sure if that indicates when they last logged in, but that's what it shows.

I am amazed...Now if this were a site for chat on the attrocities of war, the hunger in thirld world countries etc. then I could wholeheartedly understand the anger and upset that has been witnessed on tis thread...Its a shopping channel...hello?
First of all Graham, as the site owner I am dismayed at your responses in particular, innocent until proven guilty? It is pure libel unfortunately blaming Sarah for the 'incognito' member without 100% proof.. you are treading on dangerous ground and personally think you will be very lucky not to get sued for demafation of character...
as for 'LEE' i wonder why you are defending him? seems you do this on a regular basis when he does nothing but stir up trouble...I do wonder....
Yes i am a new member and looked forward to some FRIENDLY banter mongst us shoppers ..as with two other posts you can take me off your list...there is enough fighting and hatred in this world as it is and I for one dont want to come onto a shopping channel to find more...opinions fine...being nasty ..no ,and as owner you should be ending abuse and unnecessary hurtful comments immediatley....going going gone...happy shopping all xx

I am so sorry at the way this thread has panned out.

Graham and Steve - I do hope you can sort out your differences. I know that a lot has been said in the heat of the moment and sometimes it's difficult to go back but you both want the same thing ultimately i.e. more posters for st.com and more customers for RocksTV so I do hope in the fullness of time you'll be able to put this behind you.

Steve - I fully understand you wanting to protect and stand up for your family. If somebody attacks one of my team I will leap on the defensive (especially if they are undeserving). Having said that, the majority of posts on here have been more than positive. Leaving personal attacks aside (and these can NEVER be accepted), there will be negative posts from time to time. That's the nature of the beast. You've had a honeymoon period and have built up an incredible fan base so a little negativity shouldn't hurt your business. As I said above, please reconsider because your presence on this forum has helped when there have been problems.

As for the Tommy saga. In all honesty, each time Graham has found out this has been done he has exposed the poster and said that the posts were made by an [insert name of company] employee. It can't be proved who "Tommy" is but it's obviously a RocksTV employee. You can't blame Graham for assuming it was Sarah because of the email address. If Sarah says it's not then she will probably have a good idea who it was because I'm pretty sure that she's savvy enough not to keep logged on OR give out passwords. When this happened before I know that GemsTV made the decision to stop all employees from posting on st.com. I understand from Steve's post that he's done that today so at least it makes it crystal clear what he expects.

Hopefully, if nothing else, this thread has cleared the air and washed all the negativity away with it.

As for the Tommy saga. In all honesty, each time Graham has found out this has been done he has exposed the poster and said that the posts were made by an [insert name of company] employee. It can't be proved who "Tommy" is but it's obviously a RocksTV employee. You can't blame Graham for assuming it was Sarah because of the email address. If Sarah says it's not then she will probably have a good idea who it was because I'm pretty sure that she's savvy enough not to keep logged on OR give out passwords. When this happened before I know that GemsTV made the decision to stop all employees from posting on st.com. I understand from Steve's post that he's done that today so at least it makes it crystal clear what he expects.

Hopefully, if nothing else, this thread has cleared the air and washed all the negativity away with it.

Can't help but think that maybe that is what should have been done in this instance instead of Sarah being publically named and berated as definitely the person making the posts when there is some doubt as to whether this is the case. Perhaps publically announcing Tommy as a Rocks employee while privately emailing Sarah saying its her email address and could she explain may have avoided a lot of bad feeling. Sad that things have come to this. Really sad.

Last edited:
yikes! last time I looked this thread was doing ok, a couple of pages of the usual banter...what the holy hairy hell happened then????? the brown stuff hit the air vents or what! sad to see whats happened but I guess the original poster got what they wanted.... a good bit of attention.

Well, I don't see Lee Jones as an attention seeker at all. Looking back, some posts have been a bit brutal, a kind of "ouch" moment, but also positive ones, I seen to recall.

Steve needs to come back to the forum and I sincerely hope he does, asap. It's thanks to the comments here he's been able to make positive changes to the website, and no doubt, to the channel. Lee's comments about fingernails, for example, were extremely important, imo, because horrid hands can ruin an otherwise great presentation. I commented twice on this issue.

When I'm on my computer, I love to come here and lurk... and I freely admit to enjoying the controversy, complaining, petulance, fun and banter; Graham's policy of everyone having their say regardless is to be commended, altho' now it's gone a bit pear shaped.

To those who have gone, please come back!! :). To steve and co, who I bet ARE reading our posts, you're making a big mistake if you don't. However, I honestly don't believe too much harm has been done to be honest. Everyone come back!

BTW, how many times have I lurked on the QVC forum only to read about presenters' breasts, clothes size, teeth and dress sense, nasty habits, etc. It's all good fun, guys, RELAX! It's only a shopping forum. :) :)

About Sarah's possible alter-ego, I couldn't care less. Steve, your post was unwise, but hey ho, the world didn't come to an end.

Fascinating yet highly uncomfortable reading, this thread. As a very satisfied customer of Steve Bennett and his Family for years I have to say I've always been delighted with Steve's close personal interest and influence on any problem or request I have discussed with him directly (how many MD's bother with minor CS problems?)

I have seen him go off the handle a few times live and see that as perhaps unwise but a clear indication of his human approach to a business he passionately believes in. Sure he gets a tad paranoid about competitors but it seems to me that he has been under attack in this thread relentlessly and like me doesn't really know why.

Is Steve out to make money? - YES. Does he exaggerate at times and push his products over others? -YES. Does he sell good products at fair and reasonable prices? - YES.

It's a real shame that satisfied and unsatisfied customers are deterred from posting about the products they buy through this thread's unremitting negativity taking the focus away from real customer response to criticism of a business which some posters never seem to have tried or tested.

Am I blinded by the Bennett's or am I an employee or friend? - well no but I have been well impressed by their honest dedication to Customer Service and hope they aren't deterred from continuing to post here as they have often sorted out ST members' problems and that is, I'm sure, what those of us who buy from Shopping Channels want to happen.

Yes, a horrible, horrible thread and one that I hope has not done too much damage.

Of course Lee Jones should be able to voice his opinion, positive or negative, we all do, and the vast majority of us have expressed a like or dislike or certain presenters, and sometimes other threads about presenters have had some very harsh comments on.

I think maybe Steve coming on to Alan's defense has caused the problems, as when other 'presenter' threads have appeared on say TJC, GTV etc they don't appear and defend their staff. I have to admit to being more than a little surprised at Steve's response and just my opinion, find it all a bit childish (you can't talk about my mate like that etc). We have our own business and yes we get the odd complaint about our staff - so what? You have to take it on the chin and be assured that as long as the complaints don't outweigh the praises you are not employing the wrong person. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone thought everyone else was the best thing ever! Also a fantasy world.

Yes, Alan is a human being with emotions etc, but I haven't read anything I would describe as maliciously hurtful said, just one or two peoples opinions saying he is not their taste in presenter and why. If its really nasty comments you want then take a look at the 'Caroline' thread. My heart really went out to her, and she's not one of my favourites! Or the 'Rod' thread, or, or or.

With regard to 'Tommy' if the e-mail address belongs to Sarah, then quite honestly she should know better, and I did find it a cheap advertising shot when she mentioned the 1ct stone price on a thread like this - that was, to me, very insensitive and nothing whatsoever to do with Alan! Graham - if any shopping channel staff come here incognito I think you are quite right to expose them - they should be man/woman enough to say 'Hi - It's xxxxx' before saying anyting at all! And yes, I know Sarah and Steve have their own ID's and log on's so why feel the need to have an alter ego?

I'll go back under my rock now and hope this doesn't upset or offend anyone - all I've done is express my own personal viewpoint and tried to be as fair as possible.

I note that the original poster on this thread is very conspicuous by his absence!

I am not at all suprised that the Bennett's have stopped their advertising with this site after all the personal, non constructive, and negative remarks thrown at them and their employees. Constructive critisism, ok, but personal attacks are quite uncalled for and definitely unacceptable.

It seems that some people on this site post only to try to cause trouble and in this case they must be rubbing their hands with glee thinking that they have been successful.

I am totally disgusted with this thread and some of the responses in it.

Well I'm just totally fed up with it all and keep hoping someone will say that everyone's had long enough to have their say and it's all gone on for long enough now.

This forum used to be a lovely place to spend a few hours, happy posters, plenty of light hearted banter, exchanging news and sharing tips. It seems as if it's all been turned on it's axis lately and I do so hope it gets back to "normal" soon. There will always be some members of any forum that don't appear to want to fit in and seem to be out to cause a stir but, we are what we are and we're not all the same.

I hope to see you all posting happy pics of your lovely bling and sharing your news, good and bad with the rest of us.

Lea xxxxx:mysmilie_12:

Yes, a horrible, horrible thread and one that I hope has not done too much damage.

Of course Lee Jones should be able to voice his opinion, positive or negative, we all do, and the vast majority of us have expressed a like or dislike or certain presenters, and sometimes other threads about presenters have had some very harsh comments on.

I think maybe Steve coming on to Alan's defense has caused the problems, as when other 'presenter' threads have appeared on say TJC, GTV etc they don't appear and defend their staff. I have to admit to being more than a little surprised at Steve's response and just my opinion, find it all a bit childish (you can't talk about my mate like that etc). We have our own business and yes we get the odd complaint about our staff - so what? You have to take it on the chin and be assured that as long as the complaints don't outweigh the praises you are not employing the wrong person. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone thought everyone else was the best thing ever! Also a fantasy world.

Yes, Alan is a human being with emotions etc, but I haven't read anything I would describe as maliciously hurtful said, just one or two peoples opinions saying he is not their taste in presenter and why. If its really nasty comments you want then take a look at the 'Caroline' thread. My heart really went out to her, and she's not one of my favourites! Or the 'Rod' thread, or, or or.

With regard to 'Tommy' if the e-mail address belongs to Sarah, then quite honestly she should know better, and I did find it a cheap advertising shot when she mentioned the 1ct stone price on a thread like this - that was, to me, very insensitive and nothing whatsoever to do with Alan! Graham - if any shopping channel staff come here incognito I think you are quite right to expose them - they should be man/woman enough to say 'Hi - It's xxxxx' before saying anyting at all! And yes, I know Sarah and Steve have their own ID's and log on's so why feel the need to have an alter ego?

I'll go back under my rock now and hope this doesn't upset or offend anyone - all I've done is express my own personal viewpoint and tried to be as fair as possible.

couldn't agree more debsie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back