Help/advice with huge open pore - Clinique pore concealer not working

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
I was hoping for some advice on the crater on my cheek. I've been stuffing/dabbing 'Clinique Pore refining solutions' instant corrector into it but it is sinking in and even after tapping a little LG BnB over it, the pore is still showing.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations for other products to try? Usually I just put up with it but I may be having job interviews later in the year.

blimey if I had asked the question and got that as an answer I think I would have been a little upset
have had some on my nose, but the clarisonic, which was a TSV last November I think is starting to really help big time with that. Never really found any concealer or primer that covered any of it for any length of time apart from te Philosophy Flawless Pooreless or even the other way around as in Poorless Flawless???? or something like that , but that became more then hard to find

Last edited:
Oh dear, I am sorry. I didn't mean to be nasty or upset anyone I was just being silly although I appreciate it was completely unhelpful. I must remember that all messageboards are different and what would be laughed off on one would be deemed unacceptable on another. It really was meant as just a joky comment rather than to be dismissive of a genuine problem.

It won't happen again, I promise.

I can't help with any product but I can promise you that whoever is interviewing is unlikely to notice. And even if they do it'll be a just a passing thought and nothing more. I interview people all the time in my job and I can promise you I've never come out of an interview thinking "you wanna see the open pores on that one". The person doing the interview is interested in you and as long as you look well presented that's really all that matters. Please try not to worry too much about it. Find something to disguise it by all means if it makes you feel more confident.

I really hope that helps you. Even if it's just a little bit.

I use the clarasonic and I think that has helped with my open pores. Also the Bare Escentuals overnight mineral treatment is really good (but a bit expensive) I thought it was a bit odd to put make-up on to go to bed but as it is a treatment too it is ok. When I get up in the morning my skin looks really good.

Oh dear, I am sorry. I didn't mean to be nasty or upset anyone I was just being silly although I appreciate it was completely unhelpful. I must remember that all messageboards are different and what would be laughed off on one would be deemed unacceptable on another. It really was meant as just a joky comment rather than to be dismissive of a genuine problem.

It won't happen again, I promise.

I am guilty of this no doubt too, seems funny to me but not to others. Could be just the way I read it today

I use the clarasonic and I think that has helped with my open pores. Also the Bare Escentuals overnight mineral treatment is really good (but a bit expensive) I thought it was a bit odd to put make-up on to go to bed but as it is a treatment too it is ok. When I get up in the morning my skin looks really good.

I have been looking at this and think I might give it a try. My skin has become so dry with the cold weather we are having, and my skin is in full revol as other areas are getting breakouts, not much thanks to Clarisonic, but enough to drive me nuts

I am guilty of this no doubt too, seems funny to me but not to others. Could be just the way I read it today

No, I have to admit that my comment wasn't even mildly funny - just puerile and inappropriate. A fleeting thought that I should have kept to myself. I think that there must've been too much blood in my caffeine stream and I wasn't really 'with it'.

I find Alpha H fab for dealing with open pores ~ mine have all but disappeared. I use the liquid gold twice a week the age delay a couple of times a week and the mask once a week.
As Tinkerbelle says I'm sure the interviewer won't even notice ~ it's only because you're so conscious of it you feel other's will be, but they won't! Everyone's too busy worrying about themselves!

No, I have to admit that my comment wasn't even mildly funny - just puerile and inappropriate. A fleeting thought that I should have kept to myself. I think that there must've been too much blood in my caffeine stream and I wasn't really 'with it'.

Don't worry SueG, I struggle with the same problem sometimes! :nod:

If you hadn't said it I would have. Puerile and Inappropriate are my watchwords! :0)

Take care with powder/blusher brushes, some can be quite harsh and a culprit in my case.

Also, JLo, the most beautiful girl in the world apparently, has what looks like a chickenpox scar on her cheek. It hasn't done her any harm.

Well, what do you know:http://jlobronx.com/jennifer/facts-tidbits/

My gorgeous daughter has a chicken pox scar at the end of her eyebrow. It doesn't bother her in the slightest.

Latest posts

Back