Honora TSV 21/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm not a feminist but I do wish Dale wouldn't address us as 'girls', makes me cringe ! He probably uses it at home as a term of endearment for his wife and daughter but it sounds silly used as sales patter.

Does it say anywhere the minimum circumference of the bracelet? I have small 6 inch wrists and can't be doing with forever pushing bracelets up off my hands.

I do think it's really pretty, tempted by the white or blue.

Does it say anywhere the minimum circumference of the bracelet? I have small 6 inch wrists and can't be doing with forever pushing bracelets up off my hands.

I do think it's really pretty, tempted by the white or blue.

I have given in and ordered in the serenity blue, it looks like an identical match in shade to a dress I've got for my friends wedding in May! Wasn't expecting it to be as affordable as it is

I prefer daintier bracelets so wouldn't be buying anyway, but except for the white I thought they looked like plastic beads, a bit cheap looking. Maybe theyd look better in the flesh. Generally I like honora but not sure about this.

I am a bit worried that the dangles look too long so I've just scanned the US reviews a couple mention the dangles being too long and annoying a couple also mention that their sliders became defective. Mixed reviews on the black pearls too which I thought looked pretty.

As the price is good I haven't written off ordering but haven't decided on colour.

Sorry, created a new Post for this, but cannot delete it, so here it is again............

Ok..........

Like a lot of other jewellery presenters, I've just heard Mr Honora say that his (cheap looking) TSV will take us "right through the seasons" - er, how does that work then ? separate containers for Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter jewellery perhaps ? Who cares ? I suspect like most of us, we wear jewellery regardless of what time of year it is, so will the fashion police disapprove if we wear a pearl bracelet in January instead of July ? Yes, I have glittery evening bits that aren't suitable for the Co-op and dog walking, but seasonal ? - the garbage that comes out of these tv mouths is priceless.

I wonder too, how much this tsv actually cost to manufacture, if it's £25 retail and minus the profit for Q and H, then probably around a fiver.

They spout about the quality of the pearls but to be honest they look to be really poor quality and it would be an insult to attach good quality pearls to a stainless steel chain. They`re obviously going to choose the best of a bad bunch for the TV presentations but I`ve a feeling many customers will receive badly shaped pock marked pearls. Some of the close ups really don`t do the pearls any justice. I`m also wondering if the chain is one of those nippy types which pull the tiny hairs on your arms.
I know the bracelet is just under 25 quid, not a lot by QVC standards but enough of a chunk to go towards something of better quality from elsewhere. I`ll be giving it a wide berth and for similar money you can buy sterling silver.
https://www.silvertime.co.uk/jewellery/freshwater-pearl-triple-row-bracelet

And for much cheaper you can still buy cultured pearls of a similar quality just to prove the point that the pearls are nothing special
http://www.warrenjames.co.uk/jewell...er-cultured-freshwater-pearl-bracelet-PERL034
http://www.warrenjames.co.uk/jewell...ater-pearl-bracelet-with-crystal-bead-PERL053

....I`m also wondering if the chain is one of those nippy types which pull the tiny hairs on your arms.....

I sent a necklace back for that very reason, really ouchies! Naturally, my review received numerous 'not helpful' ticks from the QVC sycophantic sheeples for it.......! :mysmilie_467:

To be honest, I don't really get the whole Honora thing, can't really see why you would take something as pretty as a pearl & dye it in garish colours! Some of the more subtle necklaces in multi colours are quite pretty but the TSV, with its scraggy, ringed, misshapen pearl offerings just looks cheap & nasty!
If that's the 'top 3% of the pearl harvest' I'd hate to see what the remaining 97% looks like! :wonder:

I am a bit worried that the dangles look too long so I've just scanned the US reviews a couple mention the dangles being too long and annoying a couple also mention that their sliders became defective. Mixed reviews on the black pearls too which I thought looked pretty.

As the price is good I haven't written off ordering but haven't decided on colour.

I was thinking this, I remember complaints about the diamonique slider like this breaking quickly. So I avoid the metal ones, too much chance of slipping over a short time.

I have a set of pearl stud earrings I multiple that were a TSV about 3 years ago. They are a lovely quality. I think they were 8mm. The only issue is that even though they are silver I can only wear them for 10 hours and not again the next day as they irritate my ear lobes.

My best buy from Honora was years ago - the floating pearl necklace. Its a good standby for numerous occasions. The original necklace was brilliant with a good fastening, but then this became cheapened when the colour versions were brought in. I did buy a couple but there was definitely a quality difference.

The TSV is a classic example of why they should have a cap on postage. They keep pushing the idea of 'stacking' the bracelets, with the models wearing two or three together during presentations, and there's a photo on the webpage of the model wearing all the colours together. Yes, they look nice but if you want that look, to get all 5 colours would cost 5 lots of postage so £14.75! Ridiculous! I know there are a million other examples of why QVC's P&P is a rip-off but I just thought I'd point today's out!

I would have bought more than one if it hadn't been for the postage.

It's outrageous, isn't it? They can be forgiven (just about .... if I'm being generous!) for not putting an Elemis set and a ring in the same consignment, but I can't believe they would have the black Honora TSV in one part of the warehouse and the blue in another, so why can't a customer's order be fulfilled by someone gathering up different colours and putting them in one package?! Is it really so automated that they can't be a bit flexible?

I'd have bought this if it had been on 4 easy-pays with free p&p, and if all the metal bits were proper sterling silver.

Is it me or are Honora pearls becoming boring and expensive also limited choice, this tsv was nice but do we really have to have ringed pearls again. The same items are being trawled out for every show with Ralph permanently amazed at the value.
I used to be one of their customers but with so much choice and competition around have moved on, sorry but believe you could do better, I no longer feel they are good value for money and if everyone's profit margins were trimmed we could have pretty pearls at more attractive prices.

I love Honora but agree we need some new designs. BUT this can be put purely at Q's UK door as they still have some lovely stuff on QUs so it is the UK buying department who are not taking them up.

Latest posts

Back