Horses for courses!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will say this, the high end clothes brands Jaeger, Burberry etc do not use the same material used for the lower brands. They will get it sent to the factory, so the idea that the quality will be the same as cheap as chips Primark is wrong.

T shirts, Debenhams sell basic ones which you hold up and the material is so thin you can spit through, a few pounds cheaper and M&S basic t shirts are better material. Now both can be made in the same factory in Malaysia. Debenhams label will no doubt make people think oh its a department store so better.

One I do stick by if I can is medication over the counter stuff. I always ask if there is a generic version? Boots paracetamol they charge over a £1 yet Sainsbury/Tesco etc can sell less than half that price. Yet the ingredients are exactly the same. You pay more because Boots people think chemist and better. Never buy branded as when the patient runs out anyone can make. I take prescription medication and I know people freak as they want the branded name one but I have no problem taking a cheaper inhaler or tablet if it does the job and safe the NHS money.

Yes but then there's also companies that use the same materials and both put their names on, one is cheaper because it's a "known designer range" and the other isn't, the only difference is the price.

Yes but then there's also companies that use the same materials and both put their names on, one is cheaper because it's a "known designer range" and the other isn't, the only difference is the price.

Meant to say, you'd even pay more for a plain cotton t-shirt from Next than you would Asda, it's all in a name.

I do most of my shopping in Aldi and their own brand goods now but I still buy PG Tips, Heinz ketchup and Fairy liquid.

I do most of my shopping in Aldi and their own brand goods now but I still buy PG Tips, Heinz ketchup and Fairy liquid.

Next time you're in Aldis you've got to try their washing up liquid, it's only about 59p, lasts for ever and cleans great, I'd never use any other now.

Next time you're in Aldis you've got to try their washing up liquid, it's only about 59p, lasts for ever and cleans great, I'd never use any other now.

Oh, I like this. Is it gentle on the hands shopperholic or do I need to wear gloves? I started buying premium washing up liquids because my skin gets dry after even washing up a single item when I can't be bothered to put the gloves on.

Oh, I like this. Is it gentle on the hands shopperholic or do I need to wear gloves? I started buying premium washing up liquids because my skin gets dry after even washing up a single item when I can't be bothered to put the gloves on.

I've never had any trouble with it Marina and used it for years, I suppose for that price you could maybe try it and give it a go. :mysmilie_14:

I've never had any trouble with it Marina and used it for years, I suppose for that price you could maybe try it and give it a go. :mysmilie_14:

I suppose I could and if not suitable for my skin my hubby could finish it up as his skin is not as sensitive as mine.

Yes it`s true that in some cases ( but not all ) that designer brands or certain department stores might use a better quality material than let`s say Primark or Matalan. If I were paying over £1,000 for a designer raincoat as opposed to £20 for a Primark one, then I`d certainly expect better quality fabric and finish but the women stitching both raincoats in an Indian sweatshop will be paid the same wage for both. Yet X designer brand will be making hundreds of pounds profit but Primark might only be making £5 profit so which are the biggest crooks ?
The same applies to any designer or high end brand who have their stuff manufactured abroad by a very cheap labour force, whether it be clothes, shoes, bags, boots, jewellery or whatever. The brands are certainly getting value for money, ie. low manufacturing costs and very high profits but it asks the question, are the designer brand followers getting value for money ? Probably not in many cases.

I was chatting to my friend re this post. As her husband has a company who supply butcher products to lots of stores. ASDA, M&S and TESCO etc. She said that only Marks have their own production line, they do regular checks and have some products that are only made for them. Their pies and sausages are different to what Asda get.

The Marks demands are very high.

She also laughed and said the Asda rewards are the best! Regular trips abroad for their big suppliers.

Yes, I know someone who worked in a similar factory. M&S had there own production line, everything about it was much stricter than other lines. All the lines had strict quality control of course, but M&S products were of a higher quality regarding ingredients used and such like.

So same factory, same workforce etc. doesn't always mean exactly the same end product.

To get back to ' Caviar face Cream '. I find the Aldi one excellent for my very mature skin . It feels really good on my skin & absorbs quickly . The smell is pleasant & there's nothing fishy about it ! I will keep using it for as long as it's available .

a burberry raincoat will cost a lot more to make as it will have a lot more steps to complete than a primark one. but they do charge a lot more for the label. but a burberry raincoat can last you a lifetime. it will fit better for starters. its up to the individual though if you can see the value in an expensive brand then go for it

Latest posts

Back