How long does it normally take for rocks to refund a returned item?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sillysausage

Registered Shopper
Hi guys,

I have made my first return to rocks... I sent it by recorded delivery, so I know it got back to the coloured rocks's returns department on the 16th, but I have not heard anything at all from rocks yet: not an acknowledgment that my return had got there, nor the refund. I think it might still be too early to get worried, but I wonder if any of you might give me an idea of how long it usually takes for a refund to be processed. Thanks!

Mine didn't take very long at all, it was only a few days.

I only found that out when I received my credit card statement though.

Apparently Rocks are planning a 'my account' facility so you can track these things online, I hope they organise it soon.

I sent items back on 4th September and it was credited to me on 1tth September.

Yeah same thing really. They don't let you know, you have to check your credit card yourself. Mine took about a week. Although I didn't actually want a refund I wanted a replacement! lol, anyway Katherine kindly sorted it out lol

I think it took about a week from the time I posted it for the credit to show on my card.

As others have said,my refunds have taken about a week to show on my card.

For my own peace of mind,I check online that the package has been delivered,then keep an eye on my credit card acoount online.....I think the time it takes to appear on your account may vary from bank to bank,some may be quicker than others.I have an inkling that debit cards show much quicker than credit cards also.

Don't worry too much....if you know the package has been received it will be dealt with.:1:

Thanks everyone! I did check my bank statement online expecting to see the refund there, but it was not there. I posted the necklace back on the 12th, so I might wait a couple of days still and then contact them.

I think they're hoping to add account information and order tracking onto the website. It will be very useful to see that parcels have arrived safely and refunds processed. This was something I liked about Gems. (Ooh past tense, Freudian slip!).

Thanks for all the useful info everyone. I haven't returned anything yet but have one item that I will be returning sometime this week so good to know the system.

Can I ask which postal service you think is best for your returns?

Even for cheapies I always use Special Delivery ... not sure but don't think jewellery is covered if you use Recorded Delivery and it goes missing.

Hi, Folks,
I've had to return a couple of items that didn't fit...I used post office special delivery so I could track delivery. Refund takes only a few days, no notice, you need to check your own cc account.

Silly Sausage: should we get together for our westies to meet??!! Mine is Lily!

Edit:
Ooh, only noticed when I posted this that my avatar of lovely westie Lily has disappreared! ooh er, wonder why that happened?
2nd edit.... Lily pic still showing when I click my profile page... curiouser and curiouser!

Last edited:
I think they're hoping to add account information and order tracking onto the website. It will be very useful to see that parcels have arrived safely and refunds processed. This was something I liked about Gems. (Ooh past tense, Freudian slip!).

PMSL.....liked about gems...I would have said the same thing!! lol

Apologies that this is totally off topic, but I just had to tell Matilda that Lily is gorgeous! Aberdeen is a bit further afield than our usual walkies destinations, but I'm up for a meeting, and I'm sure Pippa the westie would love a trip to her ancerstors' homeland!:1:

Latest posts

Back