How on earth could they get my order so wrong !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ostrich

Registered Shopper
I ordered Laura Geller spackle £26 for my daughter and received £175 worth of elemis!!! Now got to hang around for courier to come back and collect, then wait for Q to receive it back and then wait for them to send the right product !!!

In your account online, is there an order placed, and charged, for the elemis? Has your card been debited, for either, or both, 'orders'? How did you place the order? I always do it online.

Q should reward your honesty with a free spackle! Some folk would have kept quiet and kept the Elemis!

I once ordered two lots of peony flowers and got four lots. I'd only been charged for two and I kept them for ages to see if they asked for them back, however, honesty got the better of me and I phoned CS who sent a courier round the next day to pick them up. I usually get the right thing though.

I may well have kept the Elemis!!

CC

I ordered a bed spread from Kelly Hoppen and I received Elemis that someone else had ordered. I opened the box just to check there wasn't a bed spread crammed into it and found the other persons details.Q sorted it but left me wondering how they label up their packages...

I once ordered the Alpha H skin product and received a suit case instead. I am not joking here!
When I phoned Customer Service she asked me to check inside the case to see if the skin product
was inside!!!! It wasn't, by the way!

In your account online, is there an order placed, and charged, for the elemis? Has your card been debited, for either, or both, 'orders'? How did you place the order? I always do it online.

Checked my bank account and QVC account, everything is correct. Always order online

That'll teach you for being honest. You should have just kept the Elemis they would more than likely refund the £26 for the spackle when that is returned from whereever it has ended up.

It really annoys me that we are expected to happily be inconvenienced when they make there all to regular errors. It is a mystery to me how QVC are voted highly for customer service.

At the very least they should send you the spackle by next day delivery and collect the parcel on delivery of the spackle. IMO you should also be compensated in some way for the inconvenience. Even if they only refunded the postage charge on your original order.

A similar thing happened to me a while ago with some clothing. The label on the outer pack was for me, but everything inside was for a different customer. I called CS to sort it out and offered to pass the order on myself to save a lot of hassle. The chap on the phone offered me a £10 credit on my account for the inconvenience and for out of pocket expenses on postage. All seemed well and good and I sent this product on to the correct person. However, when I next placed an order, I called CS direct so I could claim the £10 credit and they denied all knowledge of ever having agreed it. Grrr. I gave them a mouthful and eventually settled on £5 instead but that totally dented my faith in the company. To top it off, the woman I sent it to, with a nice note to explain why it was open never even acknowledged it. If it happened now, I'd just keep the stuff, even if I did feel guilty!

I once got a pair of plastic Birkenstock sandels instead of the Skechers trainers I'd ordered. I phoned CS who seemed AMAZED that such an error had occurred even though I read out to them all the other customers details. I did push for some compensation but no such luck even though the trainers I wanted were 'out of stock'. I was offered to go on wait list with free p & p but to date they have not come back into stock.

To be fair they do have to get through a lot of orders per day so there are bound to be some mistakes, the same sort of thing happened to me but with another shop, nowhere is infallible, I am not necessarily defending 'q' as I think I have only ever placed two orders, but just for retail in general!

I've been buying from Lakeland since their Lakeland Plastics days and on only 2 occasions I've been sent the wrong item and both times their CS said keep the wrong item or donate to a charity shop and they'd send out the correct item straight away, which they did. When QVC boast about their CS I wonder about the poll voters' experience of other companies' approach to "service".

I once didn't order anything yet got sent 2 parcels, one was a l'occitane liquid soap and one was a box which had been stuffed with a dennis basso dust cover... phoned CS and they told me to keep them both as they were items which had been returned and mistakenly sent out to a random address due to a computer glitch, i binned them all... seemed the safest option.

Many moons ago I ordered a yellow top broom this was before you could order online ,well before 2000 when we got internet
I received two of those roll up storage boxes
What was more confusing was the invoice was for totally different item
Try explaining all that to customer service
In the end they gave up trying to sort it out said keep the storage boxes and sent me out the broom

Well it's gone now, courier collected it yesterday. Anyway, if I'd kept it, I'd be stuck with it and still have to order spackle again ! Sell it on eBay I can you cry, but, I couldn't be bothered and QVC need to know that mistakes are happening

Well it's gone now, courier collected it yesterday. Anyway, if I'd kept it, I'd be stuck with it and still have to order spackle again ! Sell it on eBay I can you cry, but, I couldn't be bothered and QVC need to know that mistakes are happening

Well done Ostrich for sorting it out, better than just burying your head in the sand.

I have just remembered I once got the same wrong thing twice they decided they were labeled with the wrong number.

I once ordered my daughter a £20 silver ring. Instead I received some gold pearl and diamond earrings ( from the same range.) they seemed disbelieving when I rang and it took a while to sort out, because I returned something I hadn't actually ordered ( or paid for - almost £200!) and they couldn't or wouldn't accept I hadn't received the ring- which by then was out of stock in any case!

Latest posts

Back