How ****** rude !!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

coachella

Registered Shopper
Hi, everyone. I haven't posted for over a year but have been lurking, laughing and enjoying. I just has to say something about AY's 16th birthday. I really was expecting a fanfare and tributes agogo from the off - but did laugh at the TSV for veruccas. Anyway, my point is: that nice lady from Philip Kinglsey gave to two massive goody bags. her ladyship demanded to know what was in them and didn't say thank you with any sincerity at all. It will be interesting to see how much more greedy, self-absorbed and full of herself she becomes throughout the day.

I just said the same in another thread!!! Great minds eh? :happy:

Bet your's wasn't riddled with horrid typos though Sazza. Think we're going to be in for a right old day. Almost feel glad that I've slipped a disc and can lie on my back just watching the embarrassing car crash about to unravel. Hee. I am sure she has just applied the dreaded boot black eyeliner betwixt Pip K and Gatineau - or is it my codeine cocktail?

"If you're wearing your Jimmy Choo's or your Prada Sandals this summer" How much money does AY think we've all got?? And it's spf NOT spf factor..
Silly Mare:dull:

Well at least Alpha H just brought her a cuddly kangaroo and koala!!!! :giggle:

I think she's blooming lucky she's getting anything at all! How many of us get a gift for our work anniversaries? not many, maybe for ten years or 20 in some jobs but certainly not today, the most we get is one extra days holiday for every 5 years you work and I didn't even get that! lol

(mum writes)

I was watching AY last night and I think we see things in a different light. She's very hard working and hasn't been in the best of health and that sometimes shows. I know you certainly have to understand her wit and humour. She's similar to me and I've often been misconstrued in the past when people didn't get a joke. I didn't interpret that she wasn't sincerely grateful for the gifts and the cake giving was all done with showing the clips.

Also, I've been enjoying the hints and tips that have been running on the beauty channel. It must have taken a lot of time to put them together and they're very informative - well worth a look in IMO.

Happy anniversay to Alison. Happy to see you're still going strong :)

All this fawning over her makes me want to :puke: She's not even good at what she does except for the intimidation & rudeness she shows to guests. AY is exceptionally good at that.

For me its not about whether you love her or hate her (I can't profess to be at either extreme tbh, I do think she talks over people too much for my liking but thats about it), I just think its about manners pure and simple. If someone is kind enough to give you a gift, however large or small, then surely you should say thank you?

How do we know that she didn't say thank you after the show?
I have no feelings one way or another towards AY but bearing in mind she sells and makes loads of money for these companies why shouldn't they bring her pressies?.

I may be wrong, but I cant remember any of the other presenters being "showered" with gifts on their Anniversary days ! Why is she singled out ????

As for the manners, well, she may have thanked them profusely for the goodies off camera, but if not, then sadly she is a contributor to the generation where Please and Thank You have gone the way of the Thank You Note - consigned to the Dustbin of Ignorance !

QUOTE=Ilovelulu;482475]I think she's blooming lucky she's getting anything at all! How many of us get a gift for our work anniversaries? not many, maybe for ten years or 20 in some jobs but certainly not today, the most we get is one extra days holiday for every 5 years you work and I didn't even get that! lol[/QUOTE]

In the words of the great Meatloaf :wink: YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!! :happy:

Perhaps you have not contributed as much as Alison has to making a profit or contributing to the company you work for.

I, like most people, work very hard at my job, taken numerous qualifications and taken the company I work for from being very disorganised to working effectively and being in a much better situation than 5 years ago and I have made my company alot of money over the years.

However like most people we accept payrises when/if they come because in the current climate we are happy to be in a job (which I believe alot of employers are exploiting as a result).

I happen to like Alison but on occasion she annoys me and I see no point in her being given gifts for a 16th anniversary. I also believe that although Alison may have helped QVC UK in her earlier days, I do not believe she has the same effect anymore, particularly to a large company like QVC who won't particularly care who does the presenting as long as they are making profits.

I may be wrong, but I cant remember any of the other presenters being "showered" with gifts on their Anniversary days ! Why is she singled out

Maybe just maybe its because the people representing the companies whose products she sells see something in her that some on here dont? I dont know why, but I cant see any company being forced to give a presenter something against their will. I have to say AY can be OTT and gets on my nerves sometimes but I like her and I do think the people she works with like her as well for whatever reason after all I am sure if any of them complained to the QVC bosses about her she would be warned (at best) the beauty brands are probably one of the highest earners for QVC and they wouldnt want to upset a supplier especially one who sell huge volumes and is well established they wouldnt want to risk "losing" the brand because customers would still buy but from elsewhere. OK the volumes nay not be as high for the companies involved but I am sure they would retain a lot of the customers they have established via QVC

she may carry some sway as to whether your company gets a lot of QVC air-time or not, who knows, but anyway 16 years isn't a special anniversary is it, 10, 15, 20, but not 16 imo. I think the various companies try to outdo each other with the gifts too and nobody would NOT give and be perceived as mean! Anyone remember when Alison got married, all the presents that came in then - and mostly for her if I remember right, not proper wedding presents that included Simon!

Latest posts

Back