Hunting Act - Please Help!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pinkpussycat

Meeoow....
"The Government has said that it will allow a free vote in Parliament which could lead to the repeal of the Hunting Act. Despite sayng recently that it would not be looked at in 2013 it still remains their intention and we believe this this delay is simply to allow the wealthy blood sports set to pour money into lobbying, with the desperate aim of changing the minds and votes of key MPs.

Though polls show that *76% (*Ipsos-MORI) of the UK population back the ban the Hunting Act is now under serious treat. Its future depends on determined campaigning by everyone opposed to cruelty to animals.

The situation is critical and your help might just make the difference between success and failure. It took decades of campaigning before the Act was passed in 2004, making it illegal to hunt wild animals with packs of dogs for sport".

The above is an excerpt from a letter I received today from the League Against Cruel Sports and if you agree that this act MUST NOT BE REPEALED please use the following link to contact your MP and voice your concern, the template letter is already there for you and will automatically be sent to your MP when you have completed a few details. You don't have to donate anything but please take a moment to contact your MP. Many thanks. Sue xxx

MP letter linky:

https://www.e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=122&ea.campaign.id=9319

League Against Cruel Sports website:

http://www.league.org.uk/content/294/Hunting

My MP is chuffing useless! Abstained on the gay marriage vote.

I'm anti hunt though.

Sue, I have a personal interest in this- lets just say it involved the prosecutions that took place a few years ago that resulted in convictions under this act. The problem with the Act is the lack of a prosecuting body to use it, and the cruddy sentences. If the police and CPS don't have the resources to ensure convictions are brought then it is down to the charities to fund private prosecutions, which is really hard for them. I am unclear whether the RSPCA are doing it now, they weren't before.

I will take a look at the link later but I agree with you wholeheartedly. X

doh, just looked at the site again and I think it means he supports the action to 'keep cruelty, history' I have emailed him anyway. He must be sick of seeing my name crop up but he is always very quick to respond and sends me information in response to my queries.

Just sent the email to my MP - he's blue through and through and it appears that he is pro the repeal... I fell absolutely let down now... whatever happened to true democracy? They get elected and then seem to just follow their own agenda with scant regard for the views of their constituents :angry:.

My MP, Justine Greening, hasn't made up her mind yet :headbang: but Tiddly at least we can show our MPs how we/their constituents feel over this matter they may take notice....or risk not being an MP after the next election.

My prick of an MP, Bill "I'm a prick" Cash wants to repeal the act...piece of ****!!

I have emailed the twat!

Apologies for the language but this makes me sick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Westminster MP is unless to be honest. I have emailed him a number of times and received no reply at all.

My local assembly MP Anna Lo is brilliant but she cannot vote in Westminster unfortunately.

Lets hunt the ******* Cameron!

Just done it too plus added my words of utter disgust at what is deemed to be a "sport" & that it sends out the message that extreme gratuitous violence is ok, which of course it isn't! Not only that the whole thing is pointless anyway as it does nothing to relieve the countryside of vermin as they claim, they consider it a "good day" if they get 1 fox, well that's really going to make a difference to the vermin population eh NOT!
(Phew, rant over & relaxxx)

My MP's against hunting but adding a bit of passion to support her view wouldn't hurt imo hence I added my own bit to the letter, who knows some pro hunting MP's may even change their minds with effective discussion and canvasing from anti blood sport MP's x.

My MP, Helen Hunt, wants to repeal the act!!! ****** bitch!! Have emailed her.

Just done it too plus added my words of utter disgust at what is deemed to be a "sport" & that it sends out the message that extreme gratuitous violence is ok, which of course it isn't! Not only that the whole thing is pointless anyway as it does nothing to relieve the countryside of vermin as they claim, they consider it a "good day" if they get 1 fox, well that's really going to make a difference to the vermin population eh NOT!
(Phew, rant over & relaxxx)

My MP's against hunting but adding a bit of passion to support her view wouldn't hurt imo hence I added my own bit to the letter, who knows some pro hunting MP's may even change their minds with effective discussion and canvasing from anti blood sport MP's x.

Just received a letter from my MP, saying that she is going to vote to keep the Hunting Act, (i.e., vote against this blood sport by ensuring that it remains illegal).
She said in her letter
"I appreciate the strong feelings which this issue arouses and I share your concern to ensure the welfare of animals"
She went on to explain that she "feels that the hunting of wild animals with dogs is cruel".

Her letter is quite tactfully yet strongly worded so I have no doubt that she will do her utmost to lobby MP's who wish to vote to reintroduce blood sports & those who are still undecided. YAYYYYY!!! Just signing the petition and if possible adding your own thoughts can really make a difference to the productivity of those MP's who want to uphold the anti blood sport/hunting act :rock:
If you are opposed to wild animal hunting with dogs PLEASE sign the petition (the link is at the start of this thread). Even if your MP is pro hunting make your feelings known that you are not, ta! :mysmilie_504:

Last edited:
Cameron promised the Bill would be looked at purely to get votes , since when has he ever done anything he promised ? or any other party for that matter, its a bill that will never be repealed , it was just to get the rural voter

Latest posts

Back