I can''t believe the "joke" Nina Leonard just made

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On his promo, his last line is he makes clothes for lady's, who wanna dress like a lady, what does he mean

It makes as much sense as Susan Graver saying we want to "look like a fortune"....what's that? Green and crinkly?

I remember in when Sep 11th happened and an awful American woman on a news channel commentated "that plane just went through the tower like a hot knife through butter!"
I remember thinking noooooooooooooo. It was almost as shocking as the event itself.

I'm struggling to get my head around this comment of yours, Julius.

Are you seriously suggesting that a well known phrase, in common parlance, used by a member of the public, was as shocking as the events of 9/11?

Interestingly, your melodramatic comment reminds me very much of Lennie Feinberg (sp?) at his melodramatic best.

Pot? Kettle?

I think there is a big difference between voicing an opinion and making a crass joke. If he had been voicing an opinion even one which is not PC it would be correct to let him do this (although is a shopping channel really the place ?) but a tasteless joke is a whole different kettle of fish

It appears that all his "tired and emotional " gaffs are being put down to jetlag but if that is a problem then sufficient time should be factored in to avoid this.

The other US guests seem to be able to avoid this.

I'm struggling to get my head around this comment of yours, Julius.

Are you seriously suggesting that a well known phrase, in common parlance, used by a member of the public, was as shocking as the events of 9/11?

Interestingly, your melodramatic comment reminds me very much of Lennie Feinberg (sp?) at his melodramatic best.

Pot? Kettle?

Heya Crinkler! As already stated it is probably necessary to see the clip to understand how it came across. It was a newscaster looking at the clip of the crash very shortly after it actually happened and saying it in a way that came across as quite flippant and not appropriate to the situation. It really was quite astonishing. Words cannot convey the shock on everyone who heard it. I'm sure she didn't mean to be shocking - it just came out that way. Similar to what happened on Sky News the other day when the presenter misread a tribute to Tony Benn, calling him "powerless."

I quite like Lenny in some ways his outbursts make me laugh when the presenter is trying to be all smooth and slick. I don't think for one moment that he intends to cause hurt or upset, but he is still representing a brand and should avoid making quips about missing planes etc.

There were French and Dutch, Canadians and 3 Americans on board.

I don't see that their nationalities should have much to do with it. Wherever they are from they are still people - people whose friends and relatives have lost in mysterious circumstances.

I think there is a big difference between voicing an opinion and making a crass joke. If he had been voicing an opinion even one which is not PC it would be correct to let him do this (although is a shopping channel really the place ?) but a tasteless joke is a whole different kettle of fish

Can't see any difference myself - somebody is saying something that some other people object to and some other people aren't bothered by. And what's crass and tasteless to some will, undoubtedly, be funny to others. What he said is not illegal, so it's not a question of "letting" him do this, he has the right to do it. If we don't like it we can exercise our own rights and voice our own opinions of him and what he says, but we have no right to stop him.

On his promo, his last line is he makes clothes for lady's, who wanna dress like a lady, what does he mean

I take it to mean that he makes his clothes for women who want to look ladylike and feminine - they want to dress like a lady would traditionally dress. As opposed to people like me, who dress in virtually nothing but jeans, cords, mens' sweaters, sweatshirts, tracky bottoms and trainers. I rarely dress like a lady, as my mother continually reminds me.

Latest posts

Back