I got a letter from sit-up this morning. Trying to rip me off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SKE is right. as far as I was aware the goods had been paid for and delivered. At the start of july I recieved a letter with details on the first post saying i owed x amount to them.

Ive phoned 6 times in all. The second time i got through to someone in managment who said he would get 1 of his team onto it and phone back later that day. I waited a week then phoned and no one aswered. waited another few days before calling again and got no answer and was told by the telephone exchange that this number no longer exisits. so got them to give me recpetions number who then put me through to the wrong department and then the receptionist suggested i wrote to them but couldnt tell me who to write to. So for now im just going to wait for a call or a letter. Ive done what i can for now. Ive got better things to do than mess about chasing them all the time.

Thanks for everyones help, intetest and suggestions. I will post if there are any developments.

Hi everyone.

I got my credit card statement today to see all the outstanding money has been added to the credit card. I have phoned a few times over the last week and can't get through to anyone and no one has contacted me they have just taken the money by adding it to my credit card.

I will not be buying from them again.

Hi everyone.

I got my credit card statement today to see all the outstanding money has been added to the credit card. I have phoned a few times over the last week and can't get through to anyone and no one has contacted me they have just taken the money by adding it to my credit card.

I will not be buying from them again.

Ask your bank to charge-back. Tell them the charge was not authorized. It'll take all of 10 minutes. Then wait for sit-up to contact you again. When they do, reply in writing to the address at the top of the letter. Explain your side of things, and plainly state you give them 14 days to reply before taking action yourself on the unauthorized charges.

I also doubt their system is bad enough to let non-paid for products go back over a year. If it is, they need a new one. As someone else said - they don't ship products unless payment is recieved.

Why would you even let them take £1,300 if you know it's not legally theirs to take? That's a lot of money by anyones standards.

Sounds like something dodgy is going on here.

Last edited:
Ok im not sure i quite undestand..

1) You order items, they are delivered and the sit up account says they are paid.

2) they write to you saying they are not paid for and you owe them money

Have you actually checked your credit card statements to see if you have infact paid for the items ???

If you havent paid then you do owe the money and it has to be paid for, if you have paid then contact your credit card company and explainthe situation and ask for it to be put on hold while they investigate

All sounds well dodgy to me, sorry but they wouldn't be getting one penny from me.

Do as Liam says and phone your bank and do a chargeback, an unauthorised payment is just not on.

Are you completely certain this letter is genuine, its sounds so bizarre.

All sounds well dodgy to me, sorry but they wouldn't be getting one penny from me.

Do as Liam says and phone your bank and do a chargeback, an unauthorised payment is just not on.

Are you completely certain this letter is genuine, its sounds so bizarre.

How can you do a chargeback if you owe the money ?

op hasnt said if tis been paid for or not ?

I don't think they can either Lady D, it all sounds very dodgie to me especially after such a long length of time from the company in question.

because they took the money without his authorisation, i'm sure they cannot just do that without any authorisation

Yes they can take it if it wasnt paid for in the first place as authorisation would have been given then

Hello, I agree that this whole fiasco seems odd, alarm bells ringing for me. Certainly, I hope you have asked for a chargeback and an investigation as to what items the monies are allegedly owed against. Asking for a cheque is also a bad sign as they know that you have almost zero chance of challenging the payment - you knowingly signed away the cash. I would be extremely worried in your situation.

I hope that you will receive a satisfactory outcome shortly. If you can't afford a solicitor, please use one via the Citizen's advice bureau, where you can consult one for free.

Very best wishes to you, please keep us up to date.

All sounds very dodgy to me , I would go to CAB and ask their advice , it's free and hopefully they will help you sort out this worrying situation .
Good luck and let us know how you get on

I am rather surprised there have been no further postings from £1 megadrop for over 4 weeks, did they know they owed the money and have now shut up after trying to blacken Sit up's name?
Perhaps l am being cynical but if l had £1300 charged to my credit card and l was sure l did not owe it l would not shut up until the money was returned to me.
Very suspicious imho.

Latest posts

Back