I had to double take!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

...but it opens for you! Surely that's worth (literally) a week's work on minimum wage before deductions. Oh, wait a minute - QVC doesn't believe people on minimum wage exist. Just people in Kensington with money to burn.

Simplehuman is a top of the range, almost designer brand which, personally, I would have no problem in spending the money on, as it is quality. Even item 802853 is way over priced for a massive 40 litre bin. I have seen it much cheaper elsewhere. It is just a case of shopping around.

...but it opens for you! Surely that's worth (literally) a week's work on minimum wage before deductions. Oh, wait a minute - QVC doesn't believe people on minimum wage exist. Just people in Kensington with money to burn.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! QVC are deluded.... the people in Kensington/Chelsea etc who they think buys their stuff, I would imagine do not sit around watching QVC hoping to pick up a bargain - they order from the top stores, i.e. Harrods, Selfridges etc...

I scream at the TV when the guest presenter (usually someone over from the USA) says, 'oh, I looked around in the top London stores and their is 'nothing' like my priced item!!!! or when the QVC presenter sucks up to them and states' oh, it looks like it should costs hundreds or thousands........oh please!!!!!! :mysmilie_51:

It would make a great present for teachers..........:mysmilie_15:

As a teacher, I'll pass on that. :wink:

It would takes me ages to fill a bin with that capacity and I'd never spend that on a bin anyway, especially as it costs more than my winter gas and electricity bills. I'm beginning to think that QVC are losing the plot with some items.

Got mine from asda ....5 quid each....tried all the new fandangled ones ...tarnished when cleaning etc ...not 200 quid though ....I'll save that as a prezzie for the postman ...for christmas naturally ..:mysmilie_59:

Each to his own and if you want to ..fair dos ...it feels like I would be " throwing my money away" :mysmilie_17:

A classy bin at that price needs to be shown off to all and sundry. I suggest having a dinner party for your child's teacher, the lollipop lady, your best friend, your next-best friend, your next-door neighbour and anyone else that you always give presents to. Use the bin as a centrepiece, decorated with a large display of Peony flaaaaaaaahs which you could remove for a particularly messy course, and throw all the bones, peel and paper serviettes into the bin during and after the meal. All you'd have to do would be to tell the bin to open and hey presto! Instant hilarity! Your table would look dressy and stylish, you would get a reputation for being a sassy host and your social life would improve no end. You could even train the bin to hop off the table at the end of the meal and effortlessly replace itself beside the back door or wherever it lives so there'd be no need for further entertainment - the bin does it all!

What was that item number again?

:cool:

For that price I`d want it given the Big Fat Gypsy wedding treatment ie. covered in swarovski crystals and the biggest bestest bin in all the World and Thelma Madine (sp) to deliver it and install it !

Latest posts

Back