I know I'm late to the party. . .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
However, I've fallen for the trainers & summer dress combo. My sister & I had three wonderful days in London & this look was worn by the majority of females, including us, at Chelsea Flower Show & Kensington Palace. If only I'd listened to the Q's stylists months ago I wouldn't have to place a last minute dot com order for a pair at the end of last week. Hotter Shoes may not be known as a trendsetting brand but they do make very comfortable footwear & the ones I've bought are neat so don't make me look as though I'm wearing the boxes as well!

However, I've fallen for the trainers & summer dress combo. My sister & I had three wonderful days in London & this look was worn by the majority of females, including us, at Chelsea Flower Show & Kensington Palace. If only I'd listened to the Q's stylists months ago I wouldn't have to place a last minute dot com order for a pair at the end of last week. Hotter Shoes may not be known as a trendsetting brand but they do make very comfortable footwear & the ones I've bought are neat so don't make me look as though I'm wearing the boxes as well!
Delighted you and your sister had a great few days away at Chelsea 🌺

Delighted you and your sister had a great few days away at Chelsea 🌺
Thank you 💐The gardens were some of the best we've seen & we were both surprised that we liked the ones in the new categories that hadn't looked much on the first programme last Sunday. The weather was perfect & it was so nice to be back there. We went to the Garden Museum on Monday & then to Kensington Palace on Wednesday where we walked around the Sunken Garden, saw the exhibition about Victoria & then Royal Style in the Making that featured Diana's wedding dress. As I looked at that iconic garment I went back 40 years & I was so emotional I couldn't speak.

Thank you 💐The gardens were some of the best we've seen & we were both surprised that we liked the ones in the new categories that hadn't looked much on the first programme last Sunday. The weather was perfect & it was so nice to be back there. We went to the Garden Museum on Monday & then to Kensington Palace on Wednesday where we walked around the Sunken Garden, saw the exhibition about Victoria & then Royal Style in the Making that featured Diana's wedding dress. As I looked at that iconic garment I went back 40 years & I was so emotional I couldn't speak.
I'm definitely going to go to Chelsea flower show one of these years.

CC
Please do, it's the most wonderful event & you'll love it!

I'm not averse to the summer dress/trainers look either. Trainers are a lot different to how they used to be, and have been for quite a while. They used to be strictly for sport, and had that certain "sporty" look about them, and would've looked quite daft with a dress or a floaty skirt, and one would presume you were about to change into your tracksuit, or you were a bit eccentric! Nowadays, sports trainers are brightly coloured, or plain black, and have specially shaped soles, some even have spirit levels set into the soles. In the mid-late 80's when the aerobics/jogging craze hit hard, there was an upsurge in people wearing trainers for fashion, they were always white, the heel was a bit chunkier than usual, but even then they'd only really be seen worn with jogging bottoms or jeans, but still would've looked a bit "off" with summer attire. The fashion trainers of today tend to look more like the "little pump" beloved of Glen Campbell and don't look as though they'd hold up to any kind of sporting activity (apart from running for the bus), and I think they look ok. Obviously we get used to seeing people wearing things that don't classically go together, when it becomes as widespread as this, it becomes the norm! I love comfortable footwear, and they're great to wear when it's a little too cold for flip flops and sandals.

A couple of summers ago I was wearing trainers with dresses, long before the stylists took it up.
I was born without arches to my feet and found that I could slip arch supports in trainers very easily. I was hoping that it would help my back /hips problem but it didn't 😔
Anyway, youngest Twirlette laughed and informed me in no uncertain terms that I wouldn't be wearing them out with her!
Who's laughing now? Everyone is at it.
I have white ones with gold studs and pearls, rose gold and a bronze pair so they aren't Spice Girl types at all.
When we do start venturing further afield I shall wear them again.

It’s a look that works on some heights/shapes and doesn’t on others. Both the dress and shoes need to be right - I don’t think you can just throw any two together unless you are a model type like Ali (Cotton Traders) who can wear a bin bag and look terrific.

I’m too short and fat for flats with anything other than ankle grazer trousers.

We've just arrived back from a 7 night staycation cruise and there were a lot of mature ladies wearing dresses and white tennis shoes/plimsolls. My white trainers would be too chunky for a dress but are ok for shorts,jeans and crops. I have a beautiful pair of Hotter nubuck Dove Grey trainers with lemon soles. They were in a sale a few years ago reduced from £65 to £19, a bargain and I'll be gutted when they wear out as they are so comfy. Hubby has 2 pairs of Hotter trainers,again absolute bargains. One pair is nearly ready to be used for the gardening. We need to go to Boundary Mills to see if they have anything like them in store.

I too have found myself wearing trainers and pumps with dresses and long skirts. I’ve had Facilitor Plantis excuse spelling. I couldn’t fit the shoe insert in my sandals apart from a pair I bought from Q earlier in the year they were a TSV and have been well worn.

I too have found myself wearing trainers and pumps with dresses and long skirts. I’ve had Facilitor Plantis excuse spelling. I couldn’t fit the shoe insert in my sandals apart from a pair I bought from Q earlier in the year they were a TSV and have been well worn.
I have had Plantar Fasciitis. I don’t know why I got it so wrong in my post.

It’s a look that works on some heights/shapes and doesn’t on others. Both the dress and shoes need to be right - I don’t think you can just throw any two together unless you are a model type like Ali (Cotton Traders) who can wear a bin bag and look terrific.

I’m too short and fat for flats with anything other than ankle grazer trousers.
I would look like someone about to audition for a comedy sketch if I went out in a dress with trainers! Any dress, any trainers.

Not for me. I don’t do trends. Still wearing clothes I bought decades ago because they’re excellent quality and classic. My favourite is a vest that says ‘Rodeo Queen 1976’. When my daughter was little she thought it was something I did 😂 May I recommend Peopletree. Fair trade, organic cotton and sustainable. Also buy from charity shops, just got a fabulous White Company dress that looked like it had never been worn for £10. 😀 It’s good for the planet 🌎

Latest posts

Back