i think i'm turning into an anna fan......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
or is it just that it's all relative?

i decided to actually 'watch' half an hour of her with the candle woman rather than my usual 'it's on in the background' type of viewing. i was interested in the extensive vocabulary often mentioned on here. i thought describing a fragrance would give her free reign but the most interesting word she said was 'synergy' in reference to burning the candles together.

BUT she spoke clearly in a pleasant voice with no annoying accent. she was dressed nicely, hair and make-up also well done. i didn't see her check herself out in the monitor once. she dealt well with the sarcastic yankee woman and seemed genuinely interested and informative about the product. none of this should even be worth a mention but when you're so used to seeing the female presenters in a ghastly outfit and/or with the skirt up round their a**, with their eyes barely off the monitor and the only thing they're talking about is themselves/their kids, it was a refreshing change.

all in all she came across in a very professional way. in that half hour i didn't see the nose wrinkle thing which i'm sure contributed greatly to the overall impression. also for some bizarre reason, she is much more watchable with dark hair.....

in contrast i saw a few minutes of carmel on the dennis basso looking like a scarecrow with that awful grating screech, fumbling for something to say....well...no contest imo.

She is definitely looking better with the new hair colour:happy: She is wrinkling her nose less now, and like you said, Janie, she does not screech and I have always found her neatly dressed and groomed. It was her face wrinkling and monitor staring that put me off.

I also thought she was quite watchable on the Yankee hour, she seemed genuinely interested in the various pongs & although a bit waffly, did appear to be doing her best to give us humble viewers a half decent idea of what they might actually smell like!

Michaela seemed to like her too, even commenting that she hoped they would be able to work together again soon - just as well she felt that way as no chance of her getting in the odd snide remark as she struggled to keep pace with Anna who was now :talking: up into 5th gear with her foot to the floor, talking & enthusiasm wise!

Only minor irritation is Anna insisting on pronouncing ethereal as eether-reel, which I thought was quite funny & which unfortunately made my mind wander from the candles, as I kept thinking it sounded like a Wild West gunslinger or something....Billy the Kid, Doc Holliday, Ether Real.....? :thinking: :grin:

Like the brown hair though Anna, nice one! :up:

I've always liked her, whatever her hair colour.

She wrinkles her nose - so what!? It's a habit, not an affectation.

I think both Anna and Carmel have improved their general presenting skills.

If you put them together, Anna's appearance is usually smart, whereas Carmel usually looks like an unmade bed.

Is that a juxtaposition? :thinking::cheeky:

Do you think she darkened her hair to get away from the blonde bimbo tag? Sorry it is not working- she is as bad as ever.

She also seems to have wee puffy cheeks now making her look like squirrel nutkin.

Although she is very slim and young sometime think the skirts are way too short.

Don't think there is a fag paper of difference between her and Carmel - if you tried very very hard and eliminated all their bad point you may, just may, have the makings of about 1/8 of a professional presenter.

Carmel love you are not on Bid TV now - class up a bit FGS.

Latest posts

Back