I think the feedback is getting through

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think that I blamed Wagstaffe alone, but as someone who discovered Gemporia after TJC it's very obvious to see the Wagstaffe effect on both companies.

Along with the huge jump into gold overlay jewellery, and the diversification into non-jewellery stock. Though TJC did the latter at a far more measured pace; Gemporia seemed to try doing that almost overnight by comparison, and while the COVID lockdowns undoubtedly helped them initially, the bubble soon burst as life started returning to normality.

If you look at Wagstaffe's employment history, he seems to have been one of those people that was 'in the right place' at the right time' when it came to job promotions (a bit like Jake Thompson really - working at Little Chef and the Gemporia warehouse, marrying into the Bennett family, and then being given the role of running the Company).

He doesn't appear to have done anything out of the ordinary or had any huge success anywhere (he appears to have had a detrimental impact if anything).

He came across as a complete numpty on TJC. He came across as a complete numpty at Jewellery Maker. He came across as a complete plonker when he appeared on screen at Gemporia and even made Lindsey Carr seem like Albert Einstein - that in itself is one hell of an achievement (not a good one though!).

Fair play to the bloke. He's made a fortune from, seemingly, being useless at his job.

It just goes to show - you don't need to do well at school or further education, have experience of running a business or actually being clever or competent - you just need to know the right people (or marry into their family).

It's a good job this doesn't happen at Government level - the Country would be on its knees. Oh, wait..............

Along with the huge jump into gold overlay jewellery, and the diversification into non-jewellery stock. Though TJC did the latter at a far more measured pace; Gemporia seemed to try doing that almost overnight by comparison, and while the COVID lockdowns undoubtedly helped them initially, the bubble soon burst as life started returning to normality.
Yep, why go to Gemporia when I can get obviously tailored adverts for all my shopping needs on the pages of this forum 😀

Screenshot_2024-05-06-18-41-26-698.jpeg

Just have to decide which wig goes best with the multicoloured outfit...

Yep, why go to Gemporia when I can get obviously tailored adverts for all my shopping needs on the pages of this forum 😀

View attachment 28531
Just have to decide which wig goes best with the multicoloured outfit...
Yup, you've got the outfit, the shoes, if that's what they are, a bit of sparkle. I think you need the middle short haired wig to go with the ensemble ;)