If you were to write the QVC's Presenter Manual, what golden rules would you include?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

when presenting a "fashion" hour do not spend the first five minutes impersonating a pre pubescent Justin Bieber fan as you hyperventilate over the latest polyester rag you are hawking; instead give the sizes, the length if the garment is a dress, a skirt or a coat and then follow this with the care intructuctions. Do not mention Kate Middleton, Cheryl Cole "on trend" or "colour blocking"

I agree. Twice I rang QVC to complain about this and asked them to tell the presenters to tell us the sizes of items sooner, especially on OTO, by the time they finished yakking, most of the items get sold off. Debby and Jill Franks are very guilty of this. Jill Franks is the most irritating of all, once I wanted very much to buy a top and by the time she decided to tell us the sizes, it got sold off, I will never forgive her for that.

Don't endlessly prattle on about you, your daughter, your son, your husband/wife/partner and, most of all, don't pretend to be a smaller size than you really are!

Do not tell the public things that are blatantly untrue ...........Miss Franks.

Let the guest/expert explain products without talking over them with "Mememememememe" comments, or bland exhortations to buy like "Jump to the phones"; if we know what a product does, how it is made, or even the ethos behind it we may be more likely to buy it.

Don't keep saying " oh, you are funny" to guests when they are not(Jill Franks)
Don't say "cool" and "how cool is that" so many times (jill Franks)

on the "ahem" delicate topic of p and p please mention it in general rather than gushing like a overflowing drain in a downpour when it is by some strang quirk of sellling strategy, free. Usually it is the elephant in the studio and of similar size. Us viewers have been noticing it has been creeping ever upwards, we are not fools and are somewhat perplexed that is seem to cost as much to send out a vacum cleaner as a necklace.

Latest posts

Back