In the Kitchen TSV Sun 17th June 2012 - Ninja?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I managed to get this on advanced orders in white as it looks impressive. I just wondered if advanced order products still have the advantage of easypay - does anyone know?

i was hovering, but couldnt help thinking that the jug looked very small and i know i wouldnt use the cup things. the good thing about the older version is that three different sized jugs. this new one seemed very much geared towards drink making. also, the speed that the thing goes round, is that really suitable for making dough and cakes? sometimes you dont want to mix things with flour in too much. and if it is suitable then really how much flour and stuff could you get in there?

if its really possible to use a ninja to make this kind of stuff then i'd appreciate the two special paddles being made available for use with the old style ninja... but i doubt whether THATS gonna happen!

i was hovering, but couldnt help thinking that the jug looked very small and i know i wouldnt use the cup things. the good thing about the older version is that three different sized jugs. this new one seemed very much geared towards drink making. also, the speed that the thing goes round, is that really suitable for making dough and cakes? sometimes you dont want to mix things with flour in too much. and if it is suitable then really how much flour and stuff could you get in there?

if its really possible to use a ninja to make this kind of stuff then i'd appreciate the two special paddles being made available for use with the old style ninja... but i doubt whether THATS gonna happen!

I do see what you mean about the jug sizes, and the other one (500rpm) does look like it does all the same things, to be honest if I had one of those I would not be buying this one.
When I finally get mine, I will submit a full report, so that you can compare and contrast. But think you were wise not to buy on the info given.

Having ummed and aahed about this and chatted to husband, we chose to try this one out instead of remortgaging our house and going for a kitchen aid (if ir even is the classic version in some kind of combo) on super sunday. We decided that the "last a lifetime" thing is just nonsense as we could buy 8 Ninja's before the cost of the Kitchen Ais is matched. Plus the Ninja seems to do everything I wanted. I do bake but obly occasionally. I never bake bread and if I did we have a breadmaker in the understairs cupboard that was a wedding present. I need to mix yorkshire pudding, make sauces and soups, chop vedetables and grind and puree food. I will try out that frozen ice cream thingy and the burger mix using cheap cuts of meat.

From the picture, the jug looked larger than the other one with 3, but pictures can be deceiving. I think the cups will get a lot if use in our family because of the children. And being dishwasher safe is a huge bonus I have space for it to sit on the counter and I think with the other one, the other jugs would just get forgotten about in the back of a cupboard.

I went for it eventually, I would have liked a bigger jug, for making pastry, but will give it a goo, the demos did look good, and I do make drinks, the easy pay helped, so I wii do a report when I've tried it out, I got the red one

Yep I intend to put it through its paces during the 30 days to see if its a keeper. I think the cups will get used a lot for smoothies. Am looking forward to it arriving now and will also let you have an update.

Hope u all enjoy. Tip..... When you're chopping veg, onions etc, it's a very fine line between chopped and puréed. In other words go easy unless you're after baby food!

I've never done tomatoes where I've been after a chunky result, I've always wanted them puréed for sauce. But I'd suggest you go extra extra easy! The only control you have is how long you pulse for. It might be a bit too "bull in a china shop" for that very specific type of result.

Latest posts

Back