Is It Just Me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thats the thing, also keep in mind one of them only ever "joins in" when lisa brash is recieving a verbal jousting... but of course that is alright as it isn't the mighty mason lol

Lisa probably deserves a bit of leg pulling with some of her art nonsense and I was annoyed she wasn't quoting the returns policy correctly however, Mason is in a different league to her in the bullshit stakes.

And he's been proven to be on numerous occasions.

Lisa probably deserves a bit of leg pulling with some of her art nonsense and I was annoyed she wasn't quoting the returns policy correctly however, Mason is in a different league to her in the bullshit stakes.

And he's been proven to be on numerous occasions.

definately, just i noticed that moet moans at us with the only exception being if lisa is the subject

yet we are the ones who are percieved as mean

definately, just i noticed that moet moans at us with the only exception being if lisa is the subject

yet we are the ones who are percieved as mean

In comparison to the behaviour of some of that shady shower I'm quite comfortable being considered mean because I make some barbed comments about certain presenters.

I can live with that.

In comparison to the behaviour of some of that shady shower I'm quite comfortable being considered mean because I make some barbed comments about certain presenters.

I can live with that.

The bid appreciation society (now known as "chatterbox) talked about this place like it's horrible but i just don't see it

Is ofcom ever going to step in though?

Maybe they already have privately?

I understand some people have a different opinion of Bid to mine and that's fine with me. However, I fancy I have watched a lot more of it over the last 2 years (probably too much) and in that time I think I have learned almost every last trick in their book of diddles.

I doubt an occasional viewer would have a clue what tricks have been pulled. Sadly they're still pulling them, just not as often!

Maybe they already have privately?

I understand some people have a different opinion of Bid to mine and that's fine with me. However, I fancy I have watched a lot more of it over the last 2 years (probably too much) and in that time I think I have learned almost every last trick in their book of diddles.

I doubt an occasional viewer would have a clue what tricks have been pulled. Sadly they're still pulling them, just not as often!

people may forget they are no longer a tiny little channel hidden away on sky digital. potentially every tv has access to bid and its subtle (but genius) tricks

Chad,

Once upon a time I used to enjoy watching the array of Sit-up channels on offer. There was no b$ or hard selling - not a pin dropped at the ASA.

Nowadays though I call it 'car crash TV'.

I don't watch it 24 hours a day or even buy from the channels... but what attracts me to watch is just the sheer audacity of how they sell and present products.

From unknown brands to the latest tat - they somehow manage to offload - in one of the biggest social engineering experiments I have ever witnessed.

• From Lisa Brash who has so many art qualifications all she talks about is herself...
  • Peter Simon who has eaten too many Sugar Puffs...
  • James Russell who is sponsored by Brylcreem and knows everything about jewellery because he worked in a shop on the QE2
  • Mike Mason who views the entire solar system and alien planets through a £20 telescope...
  • Brand names which have died years ago but some other company bought the rights to the name and just slap on the history of the 'old' company to make the new products seemingly originate from the original company!
  • John Paul DuPont - is he real or just a high flyer?
  • £10 credits which can only be used when it's a solar eclipse or on a full moon, or if your cat sits on a mat...
  • the extortionate £7.99 P&P charge - why stop there, buy multiples and have 9 Gold rings sent for £70 (that's just the P&P) round the world 10 times over!

what's not to love (and hate?) :grin:

I think it's fair to say i watch more of bid since i discovered a platform to discuss it

Same here. Believe it or not when I joined this forum it was to discuss QVC, I didn't really watch very much on Bid. But then when flicking I began to get interested in the more exotic sales, the appalling scream fests, the laughable pitches for fragrances that sounded as good as Chanel but probably smelt like Domestos.

And then by chance I had a look in here and realised I wasn't imagining it. They really were a bunch of bullshitting shysters :mysmilie_19:

But then people's mild amusement (and bemusement) started to wear thin and then the anger set in!

In my View Bid is easy watching light hearted car crash TV.

I know that, also I suspect most of the viewers and members here believe that - and critically, all the producers, directors, presenters and assistants on the channel know that for sure.

Don't get me wrong that is not a bad thing. Far from it. It could be of the opposite vision and end up like a business model of dreary QVC.

In my View Bid is easy watching light hearted car crash TV.

I know that, also I suspect most of the viewers and members here believe that - and critically, all the producers, directors, presenters and assistants on the channel know that for sure.

Don't get me wrong that is not a bad thing. Far from it. It could be of the opposite vision and end up like a business model of dreary QVC.

If it was just light hearted car crash TV I'd rejoice. Sadly it has often been verging on cynical and downright misleading.

It's not a ropey end of pier cabaret club we're talking about here although you could often be forgiven for thinking it is. We are talking about a retailer, one that has often been less than transparent.

And that is putting it mildly :mysmilie_59:

I agree with both schools of thought simply because certain presenters tread the line of selling and some just leap past the line.

I think qvc gets a pass from me more so because when you strip away their tricks and sales patter, the item itself is likely to be of fair quality and legitimate reputation.

I agree with both schools of thought simply because certain presenters tread the line of selling and some just leap past the line.

I think qvc gets a pass from me more so because when you strip away their tricks and sales patter, the item itself is likely to be of fair quality and legitimate reputation.

All channels have presenter patter and I fancy most presenters tell tales, it's part of the territory. And they all have some really ropey, overpriced merchandise too.

But I have genuinely never seen shenanigans to the extent that I have seen them on Sit-Up this last 2 years (although in fairness not so much in the last 6 months) and that is the honest truth.

In fact I have personally never come across any retailer that has carried on like them, not as consistently anyway. But the good news is they have definitely improved compliance wise, possibly kicking and screaming, but improved all the same.

It's just a pity there aren't many genuine bargains :mysmilie_59:

Well I put Bid on when working in the studio. It's live its entertaining and to be honest its very clever how it works. If I have anything else on its always the same adverts etc that drives me insane.. Yes I know Bid is one big advert but it is good telly!
So yes I do watch it for 8 hours, and with some of the hellest sick headlines in the news at the moment I think I'll continue to watch it!!

Well I put Bid on when working in the studio. It's live its entertaining and to be honest its very clever how it works. If I have anything else on its always the same adverts etc that drives me insane.. Yes I know Bid is one big advert but it is good telly!
So yes I do watch it for 8 hours, and with some of the hellest sick headlines in the news at the moment I think I'll continue to watch it!!

It is very entertaining isn't it? Russell is on now, his watch sales are a sight to behold especially when it's Philip Mercier or Gianni Ricci.

It's just a shame money changes hands, otherwise it's the best comedy farce on television :mysmilie_19:

All channels have presenter patter and I fancy most presenters tell tales, it's part of the territory. And they all have some really ropey, overpriced merchandise too.

But I have genuinely never seen shenanigans to the extent that I have seen them on Sit-Up this last 2 years (although in fairness not so much in the last 6 months) and that is the honest truth.

In fact I have personally never come across any retailer that has carried on like them, not as consistently anyway. But the good news is they have definitely improved compliance wise, possibly kicking and screaming, but improved all the same.

It's just a pity there aren't many genuine bargains :mysmilie_59:

Take it with a pinch of salt.

I have never been tempted to buy from this channel and I suspect I never will.

I enjoy and see through the comic and car crash delivery of the production and delivery. I fully embrace that the more vulnarable may be enticed to buy, however there is always the off button.

Having said that, Bid need to watch their claims and be aware many of their products are cheaper on line.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

I have never been tempted to buy from this channel and I suspect I never will.

I enjoy and see through the comic and car crash delivery of the production and delivery. I fully embrace that the more vulnarable may be enticed to buy, however there is always the off button.

Having said that, Bid need to watch their claims and be aware many of their products are cheaper on line.

I agree with much of what you say but it's probably a good thing some of us have watched so much. This time last year they were at their very worst, the claims were genuinely outrageous. Thankfully such excesses seem to (mostly) be a thing of history now, they know they won't get away with it anymore. But would they have changed had people not complained?

I suspect not.

Latest posts

Back