Is QVC becoming selling for selling's sake?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Just a little comment following on from my DF necklace thread and something that crossed my mind watching a little snippet of the Morning Show presentation of the TSV.
DG was quoting the total cost and savings you will make by going for the AD option against buying each bottle individually.
Is it not a case of encouraging buying for buying sake, as after the second drop you don't know what colours you are buying in August.
Funny I know but now myself the reason I buy a nail polish is cause I like the shade, not just cause I'm buying for savings sake.
Can you image going into Boots handing over £27.33, await delivery of the box of polishes, in order to see if you like them and if you don't, it will cost you about £7.00 to return them.

I've noticed that whereas once upon a time it was really only Kim & Co who had 9 hours over a 2 days period, there are many many shows now of the same products who have much more time spread over 2 days. I'm wondering that qv are struggling to get new vendors on board.

no i think qvc push a lot more of one stock item rather than having fragmented hours every few weeks. they now seem to have 3-4 hours on one brand even if its not a tsv. also it must be more time efficient for the vendors.

sorry, but I really do think they always have been in the business of selling

I know they are in the business of selling, but years ago they seemed to take great lengths for you to know just what you were buying and happy with your one purchase.
Now it seems just get this and that, try this, wait list, advanced order, auto delivery, buy more save more and order it stock will be coming.
You may be interested in what the presenters wearing, I've this coming up in the next hour, buy more in case someone wants one, future TSV's coming etc etc.

is it possible that their customers have become wise to selling practices which years ago we were not? Just like it never rained in the summer holidays when I was in school?

Catherine has just said on the phone we won't get you to buy anything else, no but the other day on Q cut I was offered another item I may be interested in.

I guess Nails inc (and the mystery 3rd nail auto drop) is doing the mystery bag of goodies 'thrill' for their August dont-know-what-it-is-yet colour collection

Its a fantastic sales con, as are the collections - do a 7 bottle value set, add 2 (yes I would pay £11 for that) staple colours and 'fibre fill' the rest with colours you wouldn't pay £3 for (such as the mustard OMG)

So maybe this should be in a nails inc thread, but a good example of how it relates to QVC selling sake. We are not saving money because we are left with 70% colours we are lumbered with and most probably given as secret santas to the unfortunate few

I've noticed that whereas once upon a time it was really only Kim & Co who had 9 hours over a 2 days period, there are many many shows now of the same products who have much more time spread over 2 days. I'm wondering that qv are struggling to get new vendors on board.

Ohh nooo NOT 9 HOURS of Kim in TWO days!! I think I feel the Priory coming on - I couldnt stand it

I guess Nails inc (and the mystery 3rd nail auto drop) is doing the mystery bag of goodies 'thrill' for their August dont-know-what-it-is-yet colour collection

Its a fantastic sales con, as are the collections - do a 7 bottle value set, add 2 (yes I would pay £11 for that) staple colours and 'fibre fill' the rest with colours you wouldn't pay £3 for (such as the mustard OMG)

So maybe this should be in a nails inc thread, but a good example of how it relates to QVC selling sake. We are not saving money because we are left with 70% colours we are lumbered with and most probably given as secret santas to the unfortunate few

Today's AD is an example of one of today's QVC's selling sake I'm sure others will have other examples to add to the thread.

QVC are in the business of retail,which is selling stuff to make a profit.The presenters are there to sell said 'stuff'...........that's what salespeople do!

It is up to you as a customer to decide if you want to buy said stuff,you can say NO!

I do not have any problem with the presenters doing all they can to get the sale,some come out with banal and stupid statements,some repeat the same thing over and over(they will be the ones who get viewers swithing off I imagine) but some are quite interesting and entertaining and it passes an hour or 2.

At the end of the day if i like the product and the price I buy,if not I don't and I would hazard a guess that most people are like that.

Shopping for shopping's sake is a problem for some whether QVC are there or not.

Latest posts

Back