Isaac Somebody fashion collection this morning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Flicked channels this morning and spotted Marverine (?Margarine), whatever her name is, doing a fashion hour (Isaac something). Why does so much of Q's fashion look so old-fashioned and 1940's Great-Granny-type? Younger women surely won't want it, and the older ladies today are much more stylish. Lack of natural materials (one of the tops had nylon in it), fussy patterns, really cheap-looking. The floral pattern tops were about £27, and frankly you see almost exactly the same in Primark for about £5. The tops did not seem generously cut, really skimpy-looking, one of the models looked as though she'd been poured into her one, and she was a really slim, trim lady!! Heaven knows what size she was in, but the male guest said "if you want it a bit looser, go up a size", so I think he'd noticed that the hem of the top was in ridges above the model's bottom area. Not a good look.

Then they brought on a patterned cardigan from the range, which Margarine wore herself....quite a pretty background colour blue, but of course all the fussy florals on top of the background colour, and when the camera panned in you could see that one side of the cardigan's front was about 2 inches longer than the other side.

Q really do need some new ranges and designers.....and some natural fabrics. Whenever I flick channels and it's a Q fashion hour, all I seem to see are 1970's Crimplene type fabrics...Anyone remember the one-colour Crimplene coat and dress sets popular in the 1970's? I keep expecting them to come on any day soon.. Come on, Q, it's 2015, not 1945.

My sentiments exactly. I know that all I tend to do is moan about QVC now but it's because all they are selling is overpriced tat! Horrible prints and styles and it's all so similar that you could line it all up in a room and I'm sure that most people would be hard pressed to pick out one range from the next. The only decent things you see on screen are tops that the presenters sometimes wear, and odd-on it'll be something of their own purchased elsewhere! I don't want to be on a soapbox but it's just one example of how QVC seem to have lost the plot - what you've said applies to most of their ranges, not just the fashion. Everything is overpriced and lacks the appeal of getting a good customer experience.

I remember on QVC US he had a pair of suede moccasins in various colours as a TSV. I really liked the look of them but of course we never get or his handbag range. Its just the same old patterned this and patterned that.

Isaac Somebody fashion collection this morning?

I will not be watching this collection until they find a different guest..:mysmilie_10:

I saw a few minutes of this. Marverine seemed to be struggling more than usual as to what to say - lots of eye rolling. She said she was going to try on one of the cardigans and they never actually showed her wearing it. She said she "...loved to wear this kind of short cardigan with a cardigan" at one point, she also loved to wear them with long skirts and also with straight skirts.

I ordered a dress from this range - really quite expensive for what it was. It didn't fit that well even though I sized up so back it went - no more "it'll do" for me because it ends up unworn on ebay and I lose £££££'s.

CC

I take it this is Julian "I love myself so much, and I'm so witty" Bennett?

There are a few ghastly guests - he's definitely in the top 2 worst for me - he can fight it out with Coral the Links of London guest! She's banal, patronizing and full of herself, but he's insufferable.

Tilley, they definitely did show Marverine wearing one of the cardigans! That's the point - when she smoothed it down at the front, one of the sides was about 2 inches longer than the other! Maybe she had it badly adjusted or creased on her shoulders and just needed to straighten it, but it did not look good. She's a fairly new one for me, before this morning I've only seen bits of the shows she has presented before I've switched to something else, and I confess I didn't fully realise how ill-at-ease and nervous she seems to be. I only watched for a short time today (quitted before the floral patterns gave me a headache) and she was very stilted, wooden as a telegraph pole.

I saw a few minutes of this. Marverine seemed to be struggling more than usual as to what to say - lots of eye rolling. She said she was going to try on one of the cardigans and they never actually showed her wearing it. She said she "...loved to wear this kind of short cardigan with a cardigan" at one point, she also loved to wear them with long skirts and also with straight skirts.

Last edited:
Mizrahi used to make a range of ladies' clothes for Target, a US store. I would equate them to the clothes sold in Tesco and Sainsbury's here. They were cheap and cheerful enough to buy and wear "out" a few times and then just wear to do your housework in.

IM is one of the rare ranges of US designers on QVC which is not extensively polyester-based.

I don't care for a floral pattern, so the recent TSV didn't appeal, but some of the other stuff looks OK - and it is an attraction, as a lady of a certain age, to see natural fibres used.

Latest posts

Back