I've seen it all now!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I would agree that it would only be of any use to someone who's housebound/chairbound or what have you, as from what I can see all it does is move your lower limbs, so for those for whom a quick walk to the local shop isn't possible and the only exercise they get is walking slowly from bed to chair and back again. This will allow their lower limbs to keep on the move and will no doubt have some benefit. A pretty damned pointless purchase for the more able bodied amongst us. I would also worry that plugging it in and putting it away might be a bit of a struggle for someone who's elderly and infirm - I think it would be a trip hazard, and would be advisable to have someone set it up for you and remain with you until you've finished using it. A lot of money for something with such limitations I'd say!

I‘ve actually got something similar, although it was under £100. I use it daily and pedal away while I’m watching TV. I had a total knee replacement in 2015, having damaged my knee as a child, and I got it to keep the knees really mobile. I could have bought myself a bicycle but, as a car driver, cycling everywhere wasn’t in my remit. It has 12 speeds and each “circuit” lasts for 5 minutes. I do it on speed 12 for a minimum of 15 minutes a day. It’s a totally different movement to walking and I’ve really felt the benefit on both knees. It can also be used to strengthen and tone up the arms which I haven’t done - yet. 😉

I got the one below. I ordered it on a Thursday evening and it was delivered, tracked and free P&P, the following day. QVC have SO much to learn from other retailers.

Attachments

• 848FAD46-D79D-4E7E-A115-8DE1A4848E44.jpeg
    848FAD46-D79D-4E7E-A115-8DE1A4848E44.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 88
For me, I think exercise has got to be fun, or done without you realising. Simply walking, or doing household chores for instance. When it comes to exercise equipment, the only piece of kit that I honestly enjoyed using was my gravity walker, but it was a bulky old thing and even though it folded up, it still had to stand in the hallway and Oh insisted that the space would be better utilised with a laundry basket and a shoe rack. I managed to find myself a half sized one that you sit in a chair to use and it folds up and fits neatly behind the table. I still enjoy using it, though not quite as much as the full sized one. I've been tempted by the IW model that has resistance bands built in and arm exerciser that fits on the top, but the top bit would be another thing to try and store in the limited space we have. I've just been using it whilst I watched the footie. I really hate exercise that is painful and tiring hence the barely used bike box behind the sofa, and the umpteen bits of kit I've got shot of over the years. This electric exerciser is probably quite fun to use, but I prefer non electrical stuff as you're not tied to a plug point...and it's very pricey and limited in what it actually does. My "walker" allows side to side movement as well as back and forth and it was only about £36.

I wish someone would come up with a gadget that stops your arms from aching when using hair gadgets ! ☹️ whether I'm using my Babyliss rotating heat brush, or other hair drying stuff, I end up sitting at my kitchen worktop with a mirror at eye level, whilst my elbows are resting on an open drawer 😜 when they start aching.

Apparently a remote control is an optional extra.

I hate to think what will happen if the user can't bend down to turn it off.
Me too! This machine is not suitable for the only group of people that it would provide any worthwhile benefit to - It's an accident waiting to happen, especially if it does require an extension lead . To be fair apart from a couple of brief mentions of "The elderly" and "mobility issues" it does seem to be aimed at those with a sedentary lifestyle eg office workers who are working from home. Of course they mentioned talking to your doctor before embarking any kind of exercise regime...90 year old grandmother "Hey Doc, what do you reckon about putting a chunky lump of plastic with moving parts and and a trailing cable in front of my armchair?" "Great idea Doris, but don't leave your phone out of reach, 'cause you might need it"!

Latest posts

Back