Jack Lalanne

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow not a bad age to go. I wonder if it was all the antioxidants from the juices that kept him going. Certainly didn't look his age.

Just read this bit from above....

Even as he aged he exhibited uncommon strength despite packing just 150 pounds on his 5-foot-6 frame. At 60, he pulled a 1,000-pound boat as he swam the channel from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco — handcuffed and shackled. He outdid himself a decade later, pulling 70 boats carrying 70 people 1 1/2 miles through Long Beach Harbor — again handcuffed and shackled.

“I can’t die,” the Times said was his favorite saying. “It would ruin my image.”

Good for him!! :clapping:

Last edited:
Wow not a bad age to go. I wonder if it was all the antioxidants from the juices that kept him going. Certainly didn't look his age.

Just read this bit from above....

Even as he aged he exhibited uncommon strength despite packing just 150 pounds on his 5-foot-6 frame. At 60, he pulled a 1,000-pound boat as he swam the channel from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco — handcuffed and shackled. He outdid himself a decade later, pulling 70 boats carrying 70 people 1 1/2 miles through Long Beach Harbor — again handcuffed and shackled.

“I can’t die,” the Times said was his favorite saying. “It would ruin my image.”

Good for him!! :clapping:

What a guy! RIP.

Er, sort of related...

I was flicking through the channels a few days ago when I saw a clip of Ernest Borgnine (Tova's hubby) featured on an old episode of Russell Howard's Good News.

Here's his tip for longevity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_PeLNzxNQ

:giggle:

Returning to the subject...
Jack Lalanne did well to reach 96! Maybe I need to dust off my juicer and get healthy.

Latest posts

Back