Jackie Collins??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Did I just see right? Jackie Collins selling her latest 'smut' on Q?!! He he!!

Oh I can't wait to see the presentation for this. I'll have to record it.

So tell me Jackie, how did you conduct the research? Jill Franks - Oh I love this book so much, I bought it for all my girlfriends, I can't live without it. CHuntley - oh I want this book (stamping feet) I want I want I want. Someone pass my iphone.

Seriously?!! :confused::eek:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Did I just see right? Jackie Collins selling her latest 'smut' on Q?!! He he!!

Oh I can't wait to see the presentation for this. I'll have to record it.

So tell me Jackie, how did you conduct the research? Jill Franks - Oh I love this book so much, I bought it for all my girlfriends, I can't live without it. CHuntley - oh I want this book (stamping feet) I want I want I want. Someone pass my iphone.

Seriously?!! :confused::eek:

You're on top form this morning Capirossi, Debbie F, buy 6 or 8 of these incase your friend didn't see it and wanted them, Debbie G buy 6 for your
present cupboard, (never had a present cupboard) til i listened to the Q, how did the poor postman etc manage, oh yes a good old fashioned tip
(type quietly please Sparkly) head sore :glass:

I have never bought or read a Jackie Collins book in my life and I shan't be persuaded to do by QVC.

I've bought some tut from QVC in my time but won't be buying this tut! In my defence most of the tut I bought was Gatineau and I now know better.

I have never read any of her books either,although the worst book I have ever read was Fifty Shades shouldn't have believed the hype.
Lynn

I haven't read 50 shades of tut either. I like a bit of blood and gore in my books if I'm reading modern stuff.

50 shades of shite more like. I was so bored reading the 1st one that I cannot be bothered to read the other 2. I can't believe it's a best seller. Speaks volumes though about the current reading habits of the plebiscite though. As you may know, I'm a boot sale junkie and car boots tell me lots about the nation's reading habits. I've already spotted a few copies of 50 Shades for sale, competing against the swathes of Jordan/Katie Price/ David Beckham autobiographies, the Stieg Larsson Dragon Tattoo trilogy and the entire Dan Brown back catalogue.

50 shades of shite more like. I was so bored reading the 1st one that I cannot be bothered to read the other 2. I can't believe it's a best seller. Speaks volumes though about the current reading habits of the plebiscite though. As you may know, I'm a boot sale junkie and car boots tell me lots about the nation's reading habits. I've already spotted a few copies of 50 Shades for sale, competing against the swathes of Jordan/Katie Price/ David Beckham autobiographies, the Stieg Larsson Dragon Tattoo trilogy and the entire Dan Brown back catalogue.

I agree Flamenco. The art of reading and broadening one's mind is completely lost on today's generation. Unless it's a non-story about some tart who flashed her bits at a camera and was catapulted into the heady world of z list stardom they don't want to know.

But don't get me started on 'people' - it's my favourite topic to whinge/rant about!!

I don't read/watch anything that the general public are obsessed with. To me, this is a sure fire sign that it's going to be utter garbage!!! :D

Besides, I write my own short stories which are much better received than this grey nonsense ;)

Stepping down off my high horse....!!!

I think I may have read a Jackie Collins book but it obviously did not make much of an impression on me. I love reading, I read anything from "proper" literature through to "trash" and I loathed "50 shades of grey". It was poorly written and in dire need of editing.When I see it stacked 20 foot deep in the local supermarket a little bit of me dies.The world is filled with the most amazing books that can take enrich, educate, amuse, teach, terrify and entertain and yet this utter drivel is everywhere.

If Q are going down the fiction route I wonder who they will be treating us to next? am sure you all will have some witty suggestions

Embarassingly- my mum leant me 50 shades of grey. I told her it wasn't suitable for mums! Then I started reading it, and it's ok, in a Bridget Jones kind of way. But titillating, no it ain't.

Never read a Jackie Collins either but I have read Jilly Cooper! Don't understand intelligensia (sp) type snobbery about books and reading. I have read many many books of many many genres and these days I reckon that I read so much real- life misery in my job that when I get home all I want is a bit of tat to read! Throwaway fiction that anyone could write with half a brain cell- so I don't have to take life so seriously in my own time as I do in my work time.

Dan brown writes a cracking thriller. Can't take that away from him. I don't mind populist literature, lets face it if a Jordan fan finds themselves picking up a book it can't be a bad thing can it?

Dan brown writes a cracking thriller. Can't take that away from him. I don't mind populist literature, lets face it if a Jordan fan finds themselves picking up a book it can't be a bad thing can it?

I love books (though I can't see to read many nowadays!) & come from a very booky family but I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code for example, it was an entertaining read, though some folk are almost embarrassed to admit reading the damn thing, as though you are somehow tainted by stupidity or something if you've read it.....!
I have to admit I lost interest in his books after that though, it was all becoming a bit John Grisham-ish, if you've read one, you've read them all! lol

As regards reading generally, yes, I agree with you; one of my girls is dyslexic (about as dyslexic as you can be actually!) & found little pleasure in books & reading as it was fairly torturous for her! Until that is, she discovered 'Diary of a Chav' (& it's subsequent 'diary' books!); she could relate the characters to people at school, it was easy to read & it got her interested in reading for reading's sake. She now has the confidence to read to her small daughter & although she obviously still struggles, she does enjoy giving it a go now!

At the other end of the scale, my OH was at a car bootie the other week & a small lad (maybe 7 or 8) was asking his mother if he could buy some books (suitable for his age & only about 20p each!) & his plebby oik of a parent said....wait for it......'Oh, you don't need books, you've got the internet'....! OMG, how bl**dy awful is that, poor kid, all interest stamped out before it's really even got going! :sad:

I have no problem with reading a Dan Brown thriller. I read the Da Vinci Code and agree its a cracking thriller and very entertaining. What does cause me great despair is that a large amount of the population seem to read nothing else but celebrity "autobiographies" and paperbacks in Tesco's Top 10 list. I lay no claim to being an intellectual, but there's a wealth of quality literature out there and its quite depressing when a large amount of the population do not even know who DH Lawrence was, let alone be able to actually name a book he wrote.

As a little boy, sometimes, I used to leave home in the morning as if I was going to school but actually go and hide in the garage. I'd take a stash of books (Enid Blyton usually) and spend the day reading. No lunch, no drinks, nothing. Then I'd forge a sick note.

I was selective about which lessons i missed, and actually think it did me more good than harm.

As a little boy, sometimes, I used to leave home in the morning as if I was going to school but actually go and hide in the garage. I'd take a stash of books (Enid Blyton usually) and spend the day reading. No lunch, no drinks, nothing. Then I'd forge a sick note.

I was selective about which lessons i missed, and actually think it did me more good than harm.

I used to love all the Biggles books as a kid (I read them all! lol) - I only had a junior library card, so couldn't take books out of the adult (as in grown-up! lol) section but still used to hang around in the main library at weekends etc., like some sort of little orphan Annie, just looking at them all & longing to be old enough to actually get to take them home to read!

I was always being told off at school for reading a book hidden inside my desk, with the lid slightly raised & can still hear the bellowing tones of various teachers barking out my surname when they realised, as they always did, what I was actually doing during that particular lesson!

Latest posts

Back