Jadeite fatigue!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marietta

Registered Shopper
I've just been watching a repeat of an earlier show featuring Ellis and the jadeite 'expert' Dave Troth. He obviously wants to be a presenter, as he's never off our screens, but how much more can we take? Please, would someone in management do the decent thing, take him aside and tell him the unadorned truth - 'you just ain't got it mate' and get him off the stage! We've had enough of him & his jadeite!

I share your sentiment with the never ending Jade 😅!
There is no company or a shopping channel is THAT invested in “ giving away legacy heirloom priceless museum pieces for fraction of its value ” to their customers as Dave and Jadeporia!
Some esteemed publications are now (we have been told so many times) are involved to follow Dave to China and write about the miracle of Dave bringing his treasures to us for peanuts!! 😂
With regards to Dave and his presenting style, he currently “ain’t got it” for Gemporia selection process, but only by a tiny margin! if he only tweaks it to start assaulting customers hearing by shouting like Jess, Hattie and Lindsey.. the rest of the dishonest sale tactics with the most unbelievable claims he got to perfection.
I don’t believe he wants to be a presenter as he has already made an incredible jump from a producer to a GEM EXPERT, don’t you know?😅 Part of the team of the much more esteemed trio!

I've just been watching a repeat of an earlier show featuring Ellis and the jadeite 'expert' Dave Troth. He obviously wants to be a presenter, as he's never off our screens, but how much more can we take? Please, would someone in management do the decent thing, take him aside and tell him the unadorned truth - 'you just ain't got it mate' and get him off the stage! We've had enough of him & his jadeite!
I think that if you took away the jadeite (and Dave too, please!), Gemporia would be pushed to fill a day's worth of programming.

Viewers have been complaining about the non-stop deluge of this supposedly "rare" material for months, but it still keeps coming despite multiple last chance shows. Which strongly suggests that this is mostly what Gemporia has to sell.

Probably because they picked it up in bulk really cheaply because the original seller wasn't able to offload it onto the Chinese market. Which tells you all you need to know about the quality of Dave's jadeite.

I think that if you took away the jadeite (and Dave too, please!), Gemporia would be pushed to fill a day's worth of programming.

Viewers have been complaining about the non-stop deluge of this supposedly "rare" material for months, but it still keeps coming despite multiple last chance shows. Which strongly suggests that this is mostly what Gemporia has to sell.

Probably because they picked it up in bulk really cheaply because the original seller wasn't able to offload it onto the Chinese market. Which tells you all you need to know about the quality of Dave's jadeite.
When I first started watching Gems TV it was so fast paced! So different to QVC. Now you get Dave Troth droning on in a monotone for 40 minutes before they even show a piece of jewellery! It's so tedious day in day out, week in week out, and now month in month out.... I'm sick of hearing about jade, of seeing the same pieces over and over and even more sick of DT.

I struggle to understand Dave Troth. He mutters, plus his voice has no 'expression' or change in tone - it's just one continual monotone presentation.
Yeah he's definitely had a personality bypass if his voice is anything to go by!

When I first started watching Gems TV it was so fast paced! So different to QVC. Now you get Dave Troth droning on in a monotone for 40 minutes before they even show a piece of jewellery! It's so tedious day in day out, week in week out, and now month in month out.... I'm sick of hearing about jade, of seeing the same pieces over and over and even more sick of DT.
I used to love watching Gems years ago. Now it's like torture.

Latest posts

Back