Jilin Peridot

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Deasmum

Registered Shopper
As I write this, David Troth is saying that Jilin Peridot is now worth thousands per carats. Do you think that's true? It seems a great deal of money for peridot

Heck, no. Not in my humble opinion. If so, I'm minted 🤣 (only 1 of these is from China though so perhaps I've screwed up my legacy inheritance...)
IMG_20240215_121407~2.jpg

It's just regular peridot. Nothing more, nothing less.

Included, olive green, similar to other peridots from China.
BUT this isn't any old Peridot.

This is the finest quality Peridot that Gemporia have ever had.

Just like Changbai Peridot was the finest quality Peridot they'd ever had.

Just like Hunan Peridot was the finest quality Peridot they'd ever had.

This will be the best Peridot that Gemporia have ever had - until they source more Peridot in the future, which will then undoubtedly become the finest Peridot they'll have ever had............

Jess Foley said she had the 'final launch' of the Jilin Peridot today.

Which inevitably means we'll still be seeing it in 6 months time still.........

What on earth is a 'final launch' anyway - here was me thinking a 'launch' means the first - and 'final' means last.

Does this mean this was the first of the last shows?..........

Troff says that we can ‘pass down this legacy’ to our families lol. A huge,HUGE weight of precious silver, haha, 3.7 grams.I’m no jewellery expert but that green is absolutely nothing like emerald green.
If you have families or other interested parties: not all have the same collection 'tastes', every piece of jewellery is, by its very nature, a legacy piece. Even if it's a tuppence-ha'penny bit of base metal. If it has sentimental value, it will become legacy. Not just because the salesperson touts that as a selling point. Salt and pinch come to mind. Even if the jewellery looks marvelous. By that same token, to almost contradict myself, if no one wants a 20ct diamond platinum ring, or whatever, it will NOT become a legacy item.

Troff says that we can ‘pass down this legacy’ to our families lol. A huge,HUGE weight of precious silver, haha, 3.7 grams.I’m no jewellery expert but that green is absolutely nothing like emerald green.
I've also seen Trough on other shows going on about how this is such a pure green but it always looks very yellow to me. I don't see what the heck he is seeing - or says he is seeing - for sure.

BUT this isn't any old Peridot.

This is the finest quality Peridot that Gemporia have ever had.

Just like Changbai Peridot was the finest quality Peridot they'd ever had.

Just like Hunan Peridot was the finest quality Peridot they'd ever had.

This will be the best Peridot that Gemporia have ever had - until they source more Peridot in the future, which will then undoubtedly become the finest Peridot they'll have ever had............
Just been wandering though the pages. EVERY everything is 'the best' they've had. As an example, Ethiopian opal when it first appeared was a honey colour. BEST ever. Until........ etc.

They should bring back to our screens that classic advert. they used when they were touting Changbai Peridot as the best ever. The one with the Chinese lady and Steve, seated at a table surrounded by peridot, with Steve shouting that he only wanted the BEST and the poor lady, who was possibly the worst actress ever known to the silver screen, grinning inanely in the background and muttering something like 'you want the best?'. It was a classic of its' time, and deserved to be much more widely seen. I suggest it be broadcast 24 hours a day on all channels for a week - only those who saw it would believe how 'hammy' the acting was and if you never saw it you missed an absolute treat. Laugh? I thought I'd never start (sorry, I meant 'stop').

They should bring back to our screens that classic advert. they used when they were touting Changbai Peridot as the best ever. The one with the Chinese lady and Steve, seated at a table surrounded by peridot, with Steve shouting that he only wanted the BEST and the poor lady, who was possibly the worst actress ever known to the silver screen, grinning inanely in the background and muttering something like 'you want the best?'. It was a classic of its' time, and deserved to be much more widely seen. I suggest it be broadcast 24 hours a day on all channels for a week - only those who saw it would believe how 'hammy' the acting was and if you never saw it you missed an absolute treat. Laugh? I thought I'd never start (sorry, I meant 'stop').
I remember that advert. Don't quote me, but wasn't there a best ever 'before' that one? Or shortly after, can't remember. Hunan comes to mind: if I spelt it right :p IF I'm even thinking of the same stone ;)

I think you are right - it was the best ever of the best ever, if you catch my drift. In fact, peridot was almost the jade of its day (although surely nothing will ever equal the flogging of jade, I believe William the Conqueror was given a present of a piece of jade when he landed here in 1066 - and Ellis sang him a little song at the same time). But of course Hunan couldn't stay the best ever for ever - so along came Changbai. But those of us who saw that 'wonderful' Changbai advert will never forget it and be eternally grateful.

And the next best ever peridot will be ??? and will be along shortly....

Latest posts

Back