Jill Franks is thick!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Going back to the cack thing, where I come from it wasn't cack handed but cag or caggy handed (cack means poo) so I'd much rather be cag handed :grin:
And we used it more to describe someone who was doing something really clumsily rather than left-handers.

Oh and I saw 5 mins of JF last night going on and on about having "something done" on Friday and should she or shouldn't she. Haven't a clue what it is you're maybe having done love, but if it's a bucket on the head transplant and a sock in the gob, I say GO FOR IT!

another bugbear of mine. do not call me "mate" i am not your "mate". even if i am your friend, do not call me "mate"!

its even worse when women call men "mate". this ladette behaviour is usually perpetuated by women who are trying to get into said "mate"s knickers by being overly familiar. another ploy is appearing to like/know about football and other laddish pursuits. i strongly maintain that women, like gay men, do not like football and the ones who say they do are lying.

i thank yow! :sun:

I'm off in about an hours' time to see my team stuff AC Milan 5-0 (pleeeeeease!!!). Are you including ones that go to matches in your sweeping generalisation, or only the ones that just say they like it?!! I have never called anyone mate though. and I don't drink pints, well I would if latte came in pints. COYS.

On the Charlie Bears show last night JF said what a fab Easter present a bear costing nearly sixty quid would make. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the usual Easter present is a chocolate egg, and you can buy three reasonable ones for a tenner at Asda.

Oh right then Jill I'd better order four of those bears for my nieces and nephews, costing me £240 plus God knows how much P&P. :phone:

Here is a presenter who talks sense - saw Julian on a show this morning and he was showing a Charlie Bear item number 758917 (its about 3 mins into video) "This bear is £45.60 this would make a great present for someone special, I often hear it said buy something like this for a teacher or the milkman but no that's too much money it has to be for someone special" I wonder if he has been reading the comments on this forum?

another bugbear of mine. do not call me "mate" i am not your "mate". even if i am your friend, do not call me "mate"!

its even worse when women call men "mate". this ladette behaviour is usually perpetuated by women who are trying to get into said "mate"s knickers by being overly familiar. another ploy is appearing to like/know about football and other laddish pursuits. i strongly maintain that women, like gay men, do not like football and the ones who say they do are lying.

I don't call men or women mate and I don't like football, but I do like some 'laddish' pursuits ~ I love fishing, I'm a complete sci~fi nerd, tv programmes like Ice-road truckers and the gadget show. I'm fascinated by how things work and techy talk. Oh and I love watching extreme Sports. I don't think I'm a lesbian , but I'm only 49 ~ plenty time to find out, so who knows? :sun:

I like Ice-road truckers and the gadget show. I'm fascinated by how things work and techy talk. Oh and I love watching extreme Sports. I don't think I'm a lesbian , but I'm only 49 ~ plenty time to find out, so who knows? :sun:

oooh same as me!!
Did you see IRT Deadliest Roads?
I was on the edge of the settee for most of that...:grin:

love the broad minded non generalising statement
off to quizz sister and daughter about sexual habits and why they spend so much money on season tickets every year, never mind the travelling and overnight costs

Oh and I saw 5 mins of JF last night going on and on about having "something done" on Friday and should she or shouldn't she. Haven't a clue what it is you're maybe having done love, but if it's a bucket on the head transplant and a sock in the gob, I say GO FOR IT!

She was going on and on about whether or not her dog should have his "jewels" removed at the vet on Friday – people were actually responding by text!

If the vet happened to be watching maybe we'll be lucky and he'll put her out of our misery… or give her a couple of worm tablets or something!! :giggle:

OMG it was her DOG she was on about then?
Gawd.....I did hear her wittering on about texts but I assumed it was some sort of cosmetic surgery for HER she was harping on about.
977831.gif

Jill and QVC have just hit the lowest point ever! I totally agree with the previous posts, but what makes her think anyone cares what she does (opens the safe!) when she arrives in a hotel room, and now this drama over her poor dog's jewels, and how the poor chap mounts her in frustration! the matter should be discussed with the dog's breeder and their vet. has nothing to do with diamonique as far as I know. she would never be allowed to get away with those comments on terrestial tv. I see where she is coming from, but it is bordering on the obscene.

I feel so sorry for that poor dog.

She is not just thick and ignorant, she is crude and totally superficial, imo. Worth a complaint to the Advertising Standards.

Wouldn't quite go that far, the ASA. She's not my favourite presenter, that accolade goes to Debs Flint, but I quite like her. Anyone who, like me, is more of a doggy person than a kids person is okay by me! She could post on her blog more frequently but, hey-ho. I do uunderstand somewhat why she is viewed in the way she is, but not by me.

Another footie fan here and I have been one all my life. I am also season ticket holder for our local team and myself and Mr Itchy are at every home game (and occasional away games), on the terraces, shouting like loons. There are quite a few women there each week. Love it. Switching over now from the beauty channel to watch Spurs play Real Madrid. Mr Itchy is a lifelong Crystal Palace supporter just like Miss Roberts.

Latest posts

Back