Jilly's gone for the chop.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goddess

Registered Shopper
Seems like Jilly Halliday has been reading this forum!

Reckon she's had a good 6-8 inches chopped off her barnet. Looks good, but I reckon a fringe and some layers would have made it look even nicer.:mysmilie_378:

It was definitely more stylish and becoming for a woman in her 40's. Surely she's going to change her own hair soon, I don't think long hair looks good on anyone over 50, just makes them look older and as if they can't let go of their youth.

I always think Michele Hope would look better if she lost the Barbie look.

She looked a 100 times better with that wig on, surely she'll be changing her hairstyle at long last seeing how much younger she looked.

I'd love to go mad with the shears and lob 10 inches off Jilly's hair,re style Kathy Taylor,lop Catherine's hideous hair extensions off,get rid of Claires' horrible 1980's look and the yellow colour and take it short and back to her original hair colour, and finally JR..lose the length and go for something more up to date!

It was definitely more stylish and becoming for a woman in her 40's. Surely she's going to change her own hair soon, I don't think long hair looks good on anyone over 50, just makes them look older and as if they can't let go of their youth.

I always think Michele Hope would look better if she lost the Barbie look.

I agree ERICS MUM. Long hair is a no-no on a woman of a certain age. When Michele Hope and JR are on together, they look like two teenagers having a sleepover. Everything has well and truly gone south, especially with Julia, and the long locks emphasise the fact. Stop trying to look like your daughter!!!

I love Jilly's long hair. :heart::heart::heart: It's gorgeous and she looks great, has beautiful skin/complexion and cheekbones. I don't believe that women of a certain age need to get their hair cut. It all depends on their bone structure, how healthy the hair is, their own personal style and preference. She's got great hair and that wig she had on looked hideous on her :devil: and probably anyone else who would wear it :giggle: ... IMHO. Julia, the two Debbies and Jilly, Claire, Claudia (before she went on maternity leave ... haven't seen her since) and Alison K all have gorgeous long and longer hair. They look great. :clapping::clapping::clapping: So leave the scissors in the cupboard please! :happy::happy::wink::whew::whew::giggle:

I thought her choice of 'piece' last night was about as much of a make over as Harry Hill wearing a bald wig.

Jilly is a very attractive woman and I personally thought when she had the short wig on she looked lovely but not like her at all but it did show off her face far better than the straight long style she has. She says herself she has very fine hair and that was obvious when you saw how narrow the ponytail was when she was trying on the hairpieces.
I have very fine hair and if I try and grow it it does just hang there so I keep it shorter and with longer layers for texture, I dont think Jilly will ever cut her hair short she obviously likes it long and that is her choice but I do think that a good hairdresser could make it look more modern without losing any of the length she has such an attractive face it is a shame that her hair doesnt do it any justice

I love Jilly's long hair. :heart::heart::heart: It's gorgeous and she looks great, has beautiful skin/complexion and cheekbones. I don't believe that women of a certain age need to get their hair cut. It all depends on their bone structure, how healthy the hair is, their own personal style and preference. She's got great hair and that wig she had on looked hideous on her :devil: and probably anyone else who would wear it :giggle: ... IMHO. Julia, the two Debbies and Jilly, Claire, Claudia (before she went on maternity leave ... haven't seen her since) and Alison K all have gorgeous long and longer hair. They look great. :clapping::clapping::clapping: So leave the scissors in the cupboard please! :happy::happy::wink::whew::whew::giggle:

As a 44 year old with waist length hair I AGREE! I get soooo fed up with hearing how women over 40 should have short hair. My long hair suits me, I look after it and it's very versatile - and I look TERRIBLE with short hair :down:. I also get lots of compliments. So I'm staying away from the scissors until I can no longer cope with it. Then I'll have it shorn and by a loooooong wig!!!!! But maybe not a Ken Paves one.......:sun:

Latest posts

Back