JK story.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I think the same thing every time this collection is on the Q : do they actually think we believe all this cr*p, this Phil Katz guy is feeding us? JBK had aspirations to live a privileged lifestyle and did, consequently, see that as an odds on probability, if she married JFK. She was prepared to overlook his dalliances, in order to retain the fame and wealth. She was an astute lady, not a stupid one. So, whilst we all know he cheated on her throughout their marriage, she was completely aware of it. JFK was as successful as he was, in part due to the influence Jackie had on him, the image she provided of them as a happy, perfect American family.
He may have showered her with jewellery (we all know why), but he was an adulterer whose political liaisons don't need referencing. Their relationship certainly was not ideal and a source of continual happiness for her. This guy makes out that he was some kind of saint, and she was the American version of the late Princess of Wales. Yes, the Kennedy family was the US equivalent of our royal family - how jealous is America of our royal heritage? - in the eyes of America.
Phil Katz mentioned a piece of jewellery she was given by another fiancé; she wanted the excitement offered by JFK, so broke the engagement off. "If only she knew what was to come," said Debs.
Exactly! I think she would have done everything the same, as she was so determined to live the life, and her wish was granted when she married into the Kennedy clan.
But don't take us for idiots. This was not a match made in heaven, a true love story. Rather a union deemed appropriate, rather necessary, for a guy who was seen as a future US President. She was the ideal candidate to be groomed into the perfect first lady, in their view.
The rest is history.

I don't think any of that, though I was aware of the intrigue. No, mostly I think it's over-priced costume jewellery that looks a bit dated.

I think the same thing every time this collection is on the Q : do they actually think we believe all this cr*p, this Phil Katz guy is feeding us? JBK had aspirations to live a privileged lifestyle and did, consequently, see that as an odds on probability, if she married JFK. She was prepared to overlook his dalliances, in order to retain the fame and wealth. She was an astute lady, not a stupid one. So, whilst we all know he cheated on her throughout their marriage, she was completely aware of it. JFK was as successful as he was, in part due to the influence Jackie had on him, the image she provided of them as a happy, perfect American family.
He may have showered her with jewellery (we all know why), but he was an adulterer whose political liaisons don't need referencing. Their relationship certainly was not ideal and a source of continual happiness for her. This guy makes out that he was some kind of saint, and she was the American version of the late Princess of Wales. Yes, the Kennedy family was the US equivalent of our royal family - how jealous is America of our royal heritage? - in the eyes of America.
Phil Katz mentioned a piece of jewellery she was given by another fiancé; she wanted the excitement offered by JFK, so broke the engagement off. "If only she knew what was to come," said Debs.
Exactly! I think she would have done everything the same, as she was so determined to live the life, and her wish was granted when she married into the Kennedy clan.
But don't take us for idiots. This was not a match made in heaven, a true love story. Rather a union deemed appropriate, rather necessary, for a guy who was seen as a future US President. She was the ideal candidate to be groomed into the perfect first lady, in their view.
The rest is history.
What you say is so true, I shouted at the TV when he said how lucky she was that JFK proposed when he did or she might've married the guy she was engaged to at the time. JFK sounds like an awful, unfaithful ego maniac. Who told her to go shopping to ease his guilt for his womanising. The guy from QVC said JFK didn't buy her much himself as he didn't have any money himself. When I think of JFK I think of a pathological liar, not a good husband. I hope she was much happier with Onassis.

My opinion is that famous people who die. young are elevated in to sainthood purely because they do not live long enough to show their true colours the public to become totally disillusioned with them.

JFK and JK were well matched in as much that each served the others egotistical aspirations and I'm afraid I do not buy into the Onassis story either.

The jewellery is tat and old fashioned - if that is your style there are loads of vintage costume jewellery available.

The Onassis marriage was no fairy tale either.

But then, I'm guessing that if a first marriage is majorly dysfunctional, then subsequent marriages are likely to follow the same pattern.

I do actually like the guest. I think the stories he tells are interesting and informative. I don't care for the range or the Kennedys marriage but can watch the shows for easy entertainment with no screeching buy buy buy!

If you saw this jewellery on a market stall with its glass beads, glass pearls and cheap plating then you`d expect to pay a fraction of the price. Watch it on Q with the hype about JK and they think they can justify silly money for what is still glass beads, glass pearls and cheap plating.

I am not really sure there is such a thing as a true love story.

Especially so when you put the dynamics of Fame, Wealth, Power, Notoriety into the mix.

A beautiful piece of jewellery is more that many get each time their partner "commits" an "indiscretion."

Maybe she saw it as a fair trade-off who knows.

If you think this range is pricey on Q, you should see the prices its being offered at aboard the Cunard ships !!!!!!

I remember JK being wooed and eventually marrying Mr Height Challenged Onassis, and everyone at the time knew it wasn't for his looks that she married him for !

Last edited:
What you say is so true, I shouted at the TV when he said how lucky she was that JFK proposed when he did or she might've married the guy she was engaged to at the time. JFK sounds like an awful, unfaithful ego maniac. Who told her to go shopping to ease his guilt for his womanising. The guy from QVC said JFK didn't buy her much himself as he didn't have any money himself. When I think of JFK I think of a pathological liar, not a good husband. I hope she was much happier with Onassis.

Now that marriage was a fake one if there ever was one. He bought her image and reputation. Rumour has it that they were going to divorce before he died, his daughter paid off Jackie to go away once he was dead. Her family was extremely rich but not so much in the public eye as the Kennedys were. So I think she would have been well off as she was in that kind of society. Who knows what goes on in a marriage behind closed doors. So many women were disappointed when Hilary didn't divorce Bill once he left office but you see how she sold herself in order to get elected to her own position of power in the US Senate.

Don't really see why there is any reference to America being jealous of the UK for its royal family, that's why America went to war two centuries ago -- to get rid of a royal family. The country has its own public personas to contend with.

As Jackie was an icon before the Princess of Wales, I would say that Diana was a style version of a Jackie type in that they made themselves popular through the use of fashion and style. But it's easy to have style when you've got millions to spend. If you don't have it, then buy it.

Sadly like many woman JBK loved JFK even though he was a love rat of the highest proportion! She was going to divorce but his parents intervened and made it financially worthwhile with a little blackmail thrown in. When JFK was shot she even climbed on the back of the limo to retrieve part of his brain, in shock and love handing it to the Doctors saying 'will this help him'. She would not leave him when they arrived at the hospital covering him with her body so no one could see him like that, it hook a Secret Service man to cover JFK with his jacket so that she would exit the limo and allow his body to be moved, she then sat by him and wouldn't move for quite some time! I could continue with verified facts but for all his faults, there were many and hers, she loved him from the moment she met him and he her but having multiple mistresses was they life JFK knew and was perversely expected of him, from his father even from a young age and he followed suit. For all the faults in this union they loved each other deeply from the moment they met, that is the "Love Story" the rest surrounding this union is immense and will continue to be fodder for the media etc forever, even poor Marilyn gets hammered 50 years after her death, probably at the hands or because of JFK, I just wished a vast majority of people weren't so blinded by negative media as it makes for a better more juicy story!

Latest posts

Back