Jodie Prenger fitness dvd TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I was wondering what people are making of the Jodie Prenger dvd? When I heard she was coming on with a fitness dvd I thought here we go again, another dire 'celebrity' dvd. I am however quite pleasantly surprised. I think Jodie looks healthy and nicely curvy rather than stick thin. Her dvd looks quite enjoyable and the results something even I could possibly achieve. I am not going to buy it though because I have bought many fitness dvds in the past and rarely used them. I am going to get back on my redundant 'Vibro power disc' bought from Ideal World. In fact I am going to go and have a quick 5 minute blast on it now and get of my backside. Happy New Year everyone. !!

I have a few fitness DVDs and a pilates machine but I soon get bored with them, or I am just lazy:thinking:

The problem with all these celebrities is they lose weight , release a DVD and in 6mnths time they put the weight back on, so in effect there DVD's are rubbish, most of them lose weight because they have a personal trainer and have some magazine deal following there weight loss.

One of the reader comments on that article said that one of these nobodies with a dvd used to work out in a field behind her house. However, the sessions were two hours, every day, and certainly not the regime that she was promoting. It's all smoke and mirrors. I think you're better off getting a dvd from a fitness expert/trainer. Gillian Michaels, Joanna Hall etc.

Was sorely tempted by the vibra power but resisted!!

The Vibra Power machine is very good. When I used it every day and ate a reasonably healthy diet I really noticed a difference. My upper arms and waist really toned up. You really do only need to use it for 5 minutes or so at a time. The trouble is I get bored and after a few months of making a big effort I always fall off the wagon big style. I am really going to try this year though. I just want to feel healthy again and have more energy.

The way the 'celebrity' fitness DVD market works is that a personality will be approached, sign a contract, then do whatever it takes to loose x amount of weight to get paid, then film the DVD demonstrating non scary routines that bare little resemblance to what they went through to actually drop weight. I wouldn't trust any of 'em!

The way the 'celebrity' fitness DVD market works is that a personality will be approached, sign a contract, then do whatever it takes to loose x amount of weight to get paid, then film the DVD demonstrating non scary routines that bare little resemblance to what they went through to actually drop weight. I wouldn't trust any of 'em!
Don't forget the hideous before pictures where they wear a bikini the size of a postage stamp or some skimpy exercise outfit that they wear to exercise outdoors in the middle of winter and "get caught" by the paparazzi.

Daily Mail judgement:

JODIE PRENGER FITNESS BLASTS
£14.00; QVC
THE PROMISE: Biggest Loser star Jodie Prenger’s DVD features six mini workouts of high intensity that take ten minutes each, including a warm up and a Pilates cool down.
VERDICT: Surprisingly good. There are clear instructions on to how far to push yourself, progressions and easy options on most exercises to suit everyone.
There is a good variety of six to eight exercises for each ‘blast’ and Jodie and her friends ask for a full range of motion for each, which is good advice.
But using baked bean cans for weights would be ineffective and proper 3-5lbs dumbbells would be better.
This will get results if done four to five times a week doing one mini workout a time, then building to two or three a day.
BEST FOR: People with little time
8/10

Davina McCall DVD rated really good.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...Shores-Vicky-Pattison-Davina-leading-way.html

I have never heard of her before but I disagree with celebs doing these things. But some people who are "stick thin" are that way naturally and can't help it. I don't think body types have much to do with it, just the fact that some z lister is cashing in on a trend is what I find irritating, just because so many "celebs" have done it already

Never heard of her! Who the hell is she? Did she have her right elbow in an episode of Bergerac?

Never heard of her! Who the hell is she? Did she have her right elbow in an episode of Bergerac?

Hi Julius! She became 'famous' when she won the BBC reality tv show 'I'd do anything'. It was Andrew LLoyd Webbers search for a star for his new 'Oliver' show which he was to hold in the West End. He was looking for a new Nancy. Since then she has gone on to star in other West End theatrical productions including The Lady Of The Lake in Spamalot.

The problem with all these celebrities is they lose weight , release a DVD and in 6mnths time they put the weight back on, so in effect there DVD's are rubbish, most of them lose weight because they have a personal trainer and have some magazine deal following there weight loss.

Exactly! Vicky Pattison is a prime example (this is not a go at her at all, as I love her to bits), she claims her weight loss is all down to her DVD, but having read her Twitter and followed her for months I know that is not true. At one point she was going to the gym twice a day and I highly doubt that she was popping down the gym to stick her DVD on.

Best thing to do is find something you enjoy (even if it is just walking the dog) have a damn good look at your diet and take it from there. I decided to do just that at the beginning of December, got myself back to the gym, didnt eat myself daft over Christmas and I am noticing a difference. The weight isn't shifting all that fast but I am losing inches. I could have shortened that really, don't waste your money on fitness DVDs.

Hi Julius! She became 'famous' when she won the BBC reality tv show 'I'd do anything'. It was Andrew LLoyd Webbers search for a star for his new 'Oliver' show which he was to hold in the West End. He was looking for a new Nancy. Since then she has gone on to star in other West End theatrical productions including The Lady Of The Lake in Spamalot.

Thanks for that! I have no idea who anyone is anymore, although I did know Davina!

Thanks for the information. I don't watch TV or attend west end shows hence I'd never heard of her. I think Anne Dawson should make a fitness video. Alison Young should make a fashion and deportment video!

Latest posts

Back