Joe Mc Elderry's album

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Am I alone here in disliking Joe McElderry's album? When the trailer comes on I find myself turning the tv to mute until it's all over. Yep, he's got what I'd call a sweet voice, but it's not imo strong and resonant enough to carry off some of the big songs on his album, and simply not suited to others. You can hear him warble off key a couple of times when trying to hit the "business notes" on the advert, which is not good. I know the album's not going to contain any bum notes, but even so, from what I've seen it's a mish mash of stuff that he sings and I can't see who it would appeal to...opera fans, no, teenyboppers..wouldn't have thought so...I think probably a lot will be bought this xmas for mums and nans, who may only appreciate it because "It's the thought that counts"

Joe would be great on the London stage....but he really doesn't need to make an album..really he doesn't!

I don't even know who he is, to be honest. What I do dislike though is all this hawking of cds that's going on at QVC at the minute. For some reason it smacks of desperation to me, both QVC's and the 'artiste's'. I'm very meh about the whole thing.

I agree. His voice is too thin to do justice to these big songs. I expect the CD will sell well in spite of this though

I will not be rushing out to buy the album :taphead: He seems like a really sweet guy, but he has the stage presence of a lettuce leaf as far as I am concerned :talking: Saw some photos of him doing a gig at a gay club last weekend - all I will say is that he needs to lay off the doughnuts :happy:

I don't even know who he is, to be honest. What I do dislike though is all this hawking of cds that's going on at QVC at the minute. For some reason it smacks of desperation to me, both QVC's and the 'artiste's'. I'm very meh about the whole thing.

It does smack of desperation....but it's a genius way for lesser known artistes, people like Joe McElderry, Charlotte Church etc who are trying to make a comeback, to shift a few records. Ok, they might get a slot on the "ONE show" for half an hour promoting their new album, that might raise a bit of interest, but otherwise just bung it in the shops and tbh I don't think they'll be flying off the shelves..but pitch it at people who are glued to the telly looking for things to buy,and some people will buy anything lol...they'll probably have a sell out, and another one, and another one.

Back to Joe's album, glad I'm not alone!

He's just trying to make money while he can. Off the back of Popstar to Operastar. I like the lad and despite hitting a couple of iffy notes there is no question that the lad can sing. I think the problem is that there isn't necessarily an audience for his talent. He's not a popstar and neither is he an operastar. He's untrained (well pretty much) as an operastar and it shows. His voice is too immature and he is too young to sing the operatic songs on there. If he were a true opera singer he wouldn't tackle those songs for another 10 years or more.

I love opera and classical but even to my untrained ear there's a maturity and depth that only comes with age and training. Russell Watson is a good example of this. He has the age but not the training. He can sing fit to beat the band but he lacks that velvet tone that comes with the likes of Andrea Bocelli.

I hope Joe McElderry finds a way of earning a living now and in the long term. And if it's going to be opera then get thyself off to get trained! I suspect though that he can neither afford the training or the time.

The sad truth these days is that talent alone isn't enough.

Good luck to him. I wouldn't buy his album but I'm sure there are people who watch QVC who like him and will buy it.

What a load of tosh on this thread- the album has been number 2 in the charts, only beaten by Will Young. Get with it!! Joe is very successful currently. He has
also just announced a tour. Good luck to him. He is not a trained singer, just natural young talent.

I'm hoping that one day a presenter will misread the autocue and announce - - -

"Item 123456 is Joe Mc Elderry's new musical bum - - - sorry - - - music album".

What a load of tosh on this thread- the album has been number 2 in the charts, only beaten by Will Young. Get with it!!

Christ on a bike, calm down!!

Just because an album gets to number two doesn't mean it's good or bad...just flavour of the moment (however long that lasts)

I brought two copies signed one for the wall and one to play :) Dance with my Father is just a brilliant version. Will Young's Album is also brilliant :) going to see him on concert in November cant wait.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Ooh I love Will Young.. My ex met him when he was working in Birmingham City Centre one morning.. The B*****d forgot to ask Will for his autograph for me...:headbang::doh:

No Marzy he moved to Holywell in Wales last year. Still love him loads but I knew I wasn't part of his plans so I finished the relationship. Can't complain though as I had the best 6 and a half years with Clive so no sadness from me.

Sorry Graham I'm turning the thread into The Jeremy Kyle Show!!

Will was amazed at how much Clive looks like Pete Waterman!!

Latest posts

Back