Jokes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agree. I mean, who is buying the Christmas tree jumper at £62??? Rip off or what! Just go to Primark, £10 or Marks and Spencer, £29 if you want a jumper to wear for all of what, 4/6 weeks. I really couldn't justify paying such a ridiculous price - I'd want it to cook me a Christmas dinner, and wash up for that price!!🌲
Or Lidl for £7.99 matching socks £1.49 hat £3.99 & all the children for £5.99.That is if you don’t mind having the Lidl logo across you chest/ankles, but they are donating £1 per product to the NSPCC.

In fact, I've never understood the criticism that Jackie used to be a 'serious journalist' before she joined Q because when you look at some of the awful and horrific things she covered during her time at GMTV, I don't think anyone could blame her for trying her hand at something a bit more light hearted to be honest.
I mean she interviewed Ian Huntley a few days before he was arrested for the murders of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman FGS. I don't care what anyone says, things like that must take their toll after a while.
She writes murder mystery books, I believe, so you must be right.

Yes agreed, the biggest joke on QVC are the prices especially for the clothes. The prices for branded skincare and electricals can be compared with other retailers and often the brand's own websites but when it comes to fashion they can charge what the hell they like. By stealth they persuade us to part with our money by the way of meaningless offers such as "feature prices" and easy pays. Just today Eidlh was beside herself because a Kim & co top was reduced from £48 down to £24 and was on 4 easy pays "£6 for fashion" she said in an astonished tone, told everybody that they may as well buy both colours so that's an extra £7.90 added to the bill. So in all you're paying nearly £28 per top and that isn't particularly cheap imo. The top was quite nice but it was nothing you couldn't pick up for less than £20 high street, or elsewhere online. It's good to have it shoved through your letterbox and to be able to try it on at home and match it up with other stuff in your wardrobe, but if it's not what you hoped for you've got to contact them in order to get your postage included in your refund, then even if you're returning via Evri (the cheapest option) you've still got to print your own label and make your way to an outlet, so probably no more convenient than trying something on in town and knowing immediately whether you want to buy it. They simply wouldn't get away with their fashion prices on the high street - they are a joke!

The hair is an improvement on the helmet do. Not sure about the Ivana Trump comparison but if it’s true then send old Donald the link. Ruth might be whisked off for fun and games at mar a largo and Eamonn and his aches and pains forgotten forever. No more sellytelly, just grit your teeth and think of England and the gifts of designer clothes and jewels. The very thought is turning my stomach🤢

The joke is Ruth L is earning a fortune and old Jackie is not doing to badly as well,the joke if any is on the people who buy this expensive stuff,the comedy and gin routine is obviously paying dividends!
Totally agree, the fools that buy her overpriced tat, are sucked into the sales patter, reading out texts from "customers" who adore everything and think that Ruth and Jackie are their friends, because they mention their names on telly. That pair know that this increases sales so that is why they encourage them to tweet in, so they read them out. Don't see this happening with any other brand QVC sells

I know somebody who was a runner on this Morning .. Eamonn and Ruth lovely people they said very kind
Have heard the same thing from someone else in the know - Eamonn and Ruth well loved and respected and the crew was always relieved when it was their turn to present.

On topic though - the jokes. So lame! Don't mind Jackie K too much but the knock-knock puns are so terrible.

Am I alone in finding Jackie K's joking habit irritating? She only tells 'jokes' when she's presenting with Ruth L. I suppose their appeal is that they are really, really stupid. She stamped her foot and yelled like a spoiled 10 yr old, "But it's so funny," when Ruth groaned. From the messages she reads out, it seems many ladies are enchanted by her. It may only be the gin drinkers who are getting tiddly who find her amusing. Any comments?
As an aside to this, my 55 year old colleague likes to tell 'dad jokes' in the office, corny jokes so you either laugh or groan. The over 50s near him (myself included) react, but the 20 year old interns just atare at him as if they don't understand what's going on! Clearly a generational thing.

So she can appear more like the rest of the population. Some people do do this, particularly the very intelligent. If you read about gifted children (not saying she's gifted but you never know) the one thing they don't want to appear is different so they get teased.

Latest posts

Back