Joules in administration?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just listening to Radio 4, there are 39,000 immigrants living in hotels (paid by the taxpayer) BUT I didn't realise that 1000s of other people's bookings have been cancelled at the last minute, including an interview with a woman who had booked her wedding there ages ago, booked musicians, hairdresser, etc etc and it was cancelled by the hotel at a few weeks notice because it had been taken over by HM Gov't for asylum seekers, including all the illegal channel crossers.

And on my local TV, HMG had taken over a hotel in Torbay with no consultation with anyone. The TV were interviewing people in the street. One person told them that he was homeless, but he had been given no support whatsover to help him find accommodation.

Last edited:
The hotels are not taken over by government orders, they are contacted offered money and jump at the promise of having full capacity and rooms guaranteed paid for.

Oh, and it is impossible to book a room in a Dublin hotel unless it is ultra expensive ones which charge like €500+ per night.

The hotels are not taken over by government orders, they are contacted offered money and jump at the promise of having full capacity and rooms guaranteed paid for.

Oh, and it is impossible to book a room in a Dublin hotel unless it is ultra expensive ones which charge like €500+ per night.
Apparently we are paying £150 to £200 per night for the channel crossers' rooms. Listen to You and Yours today for the information I gave above.

The biggest pissing myself laughing was a friend who voted leave. Then said to me, "Good, we leave, and they can bring back hanging!"

Er, I have no idea how I am friends with morons? I actually had to explain to her, and she is older than me, actually capital punishment was abolished in 1965/6 long before we joined the EU. 😂
I wish I could ask your friend why she would like to bring back "hanging."

My hubby and myself both voted leave. But it seems Brexit gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. We don't regret voting leave.

Wish they could get to grips with all these channel crossings. The amount of money they are costing all of us is staggering. They arrive with trendy hairstyles and posh phones, they obviously have more money than we do. Mostly young men as well. It's worrying. Why can't they stay in the first country they arrive in, they don't have to come here.
I've only seen videos of poor young people who look lost and frightened.

Just like Northern Ireland wasn't mentioned until after the referendum and only when they started trying to get a deal did reality hit and backstops, protocol and border down the Irish Sea started getting mentioned and the threat to Good Friday Agreement.
Yet Scotland want independence and a return to the EU so border issues will remain .

They’re clearly still happy to proceed though . 🧐

If you read some of the Trustpilot reviews of certain hotels which are also housing those coming across the channel illegally it`s quite an eye opener.
Mr V works as a part time taxi driver and a short time ago he collected a businessman from the airport and drove him to a nearby Britannia run hotel at which he had a reservation. He`d barely driven off the carpark when the office contacted Mr V telling him to return to the hotel. The same passenger was waiting outside and asked Mr V to drive him to another hotel. Mr V took him to a Premier Inn and asked him why he`d refused to stay in the first hotel ?
I`m not going to write what he was told but if what the chap told Mr V was true, then I wouldn`t have stayed either and when a grown man feels threatened, unsafe, disgusted at what he was seeing and intimidated by adult people from another Country then something is badly wrong.
When Mr V stopped at the Premier Inn his passenger asked him to wait until he checked in and was shown to his room and if everything was to his liking he`d come back to the taxi and tell Mr V it was ok to go. He did return, gave Mr V a handsome tip on top of his fare and said everything seemed just fine.
As I said at the beginning, reading some of the reviews for the first hotel in this post and other hotels too, it seems quite a lot of people have been very very unhappy at what they`ve witnessed and at some hotels people have checked in then checked out within minutes.

Yet Scotland want independence and a return to the EU so border issues will remain .

They’re clearly still happy to proceed though . 🧐
Not really the same. NI is in UK, if Scotland becomes independent they wouldn't be in UK.

We have a border in the Irish Sea due to Brexit, a border between a country that is part of UK and rest of UK. If Scotland left then it would be a border between Scotland and UK, UK being something Scotland was no longer part of.

If you read some of the Trustpilot reviews of certain hotels which are also housing those coming across the channel illegally it`s quite an eye opener.
Mr V works as a part time taxi driver and a short time ago he collected a businessman from the airport and drove him to a nearby Britannia run hotel at which he had a reservation. He`d barely driven off the carpark when the office contacted Mr V telling him to return to the hotel. The same passenger was waiting outside and asked Mr V to drive him to another hotel. Mr V took him to a Premier Inn and asked him why he`d refused to stay in the first hotel ?
I`m not going to write what he was told but if what the chap told Mr V was true, then I wouldn`t have stayed either and when a grown man feels threatened, unsafe, disgusted at what he was seeing and intimidated by adult people from another Country then something is badly wrong.
When Mr V stopped at the Premier Inn his passenger asked him to wait until he checked in and was shown to his room and if everything was to his liking he`d come back to the taxi and tell Mr V it was ok to go. He did return, gave Mr V a handsome tip on top of his fare and said everything seemed just fine.
As I said at the beginning, reading some of the reviews for the first hotel in this post and other hotels too, it seems quite a lot of people have been very very unhappy at what they`ve witnessed and at some hotels people have checked in then checked out within minutes.
I meant Trip Advisor not Trustpilot tut a mental block on my part !

Just listening to Radio 4, there are 39,000 immigrants living in hotels (paid by the taxpayer) BUT I didn't realise that 1000s of other people's bookings have been cancelled at the last minute, including an interview with a woman who had booked her wedding there ages ago, booked musicians, hairdresser, etc etc and it was cancelled by the hotel at a few weeks notice because it had been taken over by HM Gov't for asylum seekers, including all the illegal channel crossers.

And on my local TV, HMG had taken over a hotel in Torbay with no consultation with anyone. The TV were interviewing people in the street. One person told them that he was homeless, but he had been given no support whatsover to help him find accommodation.
Shocking. People of this country need looking after first.

Just like Northern Ireland wasn't mentioned until after the referendum and only when they started trying to get a deal did reality hit and backstops, protocol and border down the Irish Sea started getting mentioned and the threat to Good Friday Agreement.
It’s bliddy awful here.

the sizing on anything I’ve purchased within the past couple of years has been very poor which isn’t acceptable as their prices weren’t exactly cheap. Exact same dress in 2 different colour ways and the sizes were nothing like each other same with a packaway raincoat, one wouldn’t even zip up despite being the same size and style. Not good IMO

My hubby and myself both voted leave. But it seems Brexit gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. We don't regret voting leave.

Wish they could get to grips with all these channel crossings. The amount of money they are costing all of us is staggering. They arrive with trendy hairstyles and posh phones, they obviously have more money than we do. Mostly young men as well. It's worrying. Why can't they stay in the first country they arrive in, they don't have to come here.
When we left the EU, we also left the Dublin agreement. This meant refugees should claim asylum in first safe country they came to. We are no longer a part of this. Patel shut down ALL safe routes to UK. The only way a person can claim asylum in UK now is by landing on our shores. Previously there were camps where migrants could be vetted and their claims processed. Without those safe places, they must make the dangerous journey and be exploited by traffickers. France has no obligation to stop them leaving their country because we are no longer part of the EU.
Patel opened a safe route for Ukrainian refugees but even then, there were holds up giving them visas.
There has a recent increase in migrants from Albania but these still account for less than 10 percent of the 40000 arrived this year. Most are from Afghanistan, Iraq (our wars)Iran ( fleeing from that awful regime) and Sudan (victims of climate change and famine). 74 percent of people crossing the channel in boats have their asylum claims approved.

Unfortunately they are being kept in hotels waiting for their asylum claims to be processed . If the home office could speed up, they could move out. Also, they are not allowed to work at a time when we desperately need workers. Braverman signed a deal today agreeing thousands of visas for workers from India. This is crazy when we have the asylum seekers wanting to start new lives and work but waiting to be processed. And costing tax payers’ money. The Albanians trafficked to be criminals do not stay in the hotels. They are picked up by organised criminals in Kent.

Not really the same. NI is in UK, if Scotland becomes independent they wouldn't be in UK.

We have a border in the Irish Sea due to Brexit, a border between a country that is part of UK and rest of UK. If Scotland left then it would be a border between Scotland and UK, UK being something Scotland was no longer part of.
What about goods going through Scotland/England if they rejoin the EU which is clearly why they are pushing for Indy ref 2 ?

🧐

Well, unless England did proper talks and not rush to push the BIG Boy Hard BREXIT that Bojo did, you will have to do checks for certain goods. The best deal was actually Mrs. Mays' but oh not it had to show those dirty EU people you were right and went for the hardest BREXIT! Which has screwed UK meat farmers, as the deal with Oz means loads of antibiotic pumped lamb etc will be arriving in UK stores. The fishermen are screaming as they were screwed over too.

Totally agree with your Dublin comment. I wanted to book a short break in September and even 3 star hotels were around €300 a night. The only affordable ones were shared rooms in hostels😬. I'm 55, too old for that nonsense! So I quickly changed my mind and booked 3 nights in Glasgow in a Premier Inn for £137! I'd never been and had a great time.

Latest posts

Back