Judgemental?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Another priceless quote from Chuntley when she was selling nail varnishes: Nail polish doesn't judge you in the same way that your clothes judge you. Are all her size 10's muttering at her through her wardrobe door, "You are judged and convicted of being a size 16. Shame on you! Six months on a rigid diet plan.

'Nail polish doesn't judge you ' :ROFLMAO:

Ok, forget that nonsense. Anybody regardless of size can still retain a youthful appearance. Get a better haircut/hairstyle, update your spectacle frames (amazing how lots of specs do not suit the wearer and can age them). Over a certain age, don't wear bright red lipstick - it bleeds terribly and thin lips can end up like Coco the Clown. Posters on here know I'm no fan of Mrs Beckham, but wearing graduated lens sun glasses always look chic and hides wrinkles and crinkles.

I wish Catherine would stop banging on about her weight. She's hardly Giant Haystacks is she? She always looks well presented, has lovely hair and she looks great for her age. If she's so upset about being a size 16 then do something about it. Diet Chef/Jane Plan will be along next month so no excuse :LOL:

CC

I wish Catherine would stop banging on about her weight. She's hardly Giant Haystacks is she? She always looks well presented, has lovely hair and she looks great for her age. If she's so upset about being a size 16 then do something about it. Diet Chef/Jane Plan will be along next month so no excuse :LOL:

CC
I think she's content with her present size. She always looks well groomed and dressed in clothes that flatter her. I think she enjoys her life which includes indulging in her favourite dishes. Good for her.

Catherine has looked very dowdy over the last year. The clothes she is choosing to wear now make her look much more overweight than I think she really is. Horrendous hairstyle & glasses are doing nothing for her either. She used to look so pretty.

Why wouldn't you want to be a size 12 again?
It depends what your priorities are and what you value.
Dress sizes are utter nonsense in my view.
A size 12 is a plus size according to many modelling agencies.
A size 12 from when these were first rolled out had much smaller dimensions than what we now see.
Women's body shapes change through life, and especially after having children, and clothes sizes and cuts and styles may suit a woman better in a larger size.
Personally, I don't believe it's healthy to get hung up on dress size. Being healthy is not the same as being slim... and aspiring to a particular dress size can wreck your metabolism and your self esteem.
Who wins? The diet industry and the clothing industry.

When I was a teenager back in the 70s I was a size 14, now the modern size 14 is massive compared to back then. All my friends were a size 12, and I used to think I must be a fat lump! Turns out like my mum I am a short with hourglass shape so boobs and hips and friends all taller and beanpoles. I was ill and in hospital with pneumonia, came out because not eating lost weight back at school all I got was oh you look fantastic how did you do it?

Time passes and several years ago I lost a lot of weight very slowly on advice of a doctor. All I got from friends was how ill I looked and was too thin. Oh, and your belly will be flabby unless you are at the gym everyday working out. I prefer to just walk.

Because I would be like a rake and have so many wrinkles! Don’t you have to choose between bum or face? I chose face!
Makes sense, SF. People can always add shape to their rear ends with silicone pads. I've got an idea that Julian McDonald's bum is just too pert to be the real thing. At his age, men's bums can become very flat. You'd have to pinch it to be sure!!

I think she's content with her present size. She always looks well groomed and dressed in clothes that flatter her. I think she enjoys her life which includes indulging in her favourite dishes. Good for her.
She doesn't appear to be content as she's always going on about her flab and cellulite - which most of us have. I wouldn't be worrying if I looked like Catherine but it's as if she's always seeking reassurance on her looks or drawing attention to her body when she doesn't need to.

CC

I used to do loads of running and walking..stopped both and the weight crept on.
Before that I was a size 8 jeans.
Got into walking everywhere again and I’m not far off my original weight.
Boobs have shrunk a bit though.
Honestly walking is such a good exercise.

She doesn't appear to be content as she's always going on about her flab and cellulite - which most of us have. I wouldn't be worrying if I looked like Catherine but it's as if she's always seeking reassurance on her looks or drawing attention to her body when she doesn't need to.

CC
Yes, I don't know anything about her life to understand what has given her this constant need to do herself down and seek external reassurance. Self esteem issues such as hers are very relatable for many women, though.
While it may seem a bit woo woo, positive affirmations could helpful. I definitely find talking to myself positively helps me enormously.

People are always texting/tweeting in to say how wonderful she looks so I very much doubt anyone has said she looks chubby or awful. Bad body image maybe - she just doesn't see what other people see.

CC

Going back years, she was always preening for the camera and then doing the oh I look awful thing. Of course loads oh you look lovely and so nice etc. Attention seeking endlessly. She used to change her hair colour and length and wait for the comments on the tablet of how gorgeous she was. Now, she had decided to perhaps relax a little and turned into Thelma from Scooby Doo hair and glasses wise, but still has to post selfies of her in the bath. Couldn't see anything, but just knew she was trying to get the fans excited. She was doing some QVC diet plan earlier in the spring/summer this year and posting how many inches she had lost, we all thought she looked the same. These posts stopped some time ago, she must be back to her normal eating.

Latest posts

Back