Julia can you please be my 'contact',too?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

galaxy

Guest Shopper
I am planning on writing to Julia if she would be kind enough to help me get my foot in the door, as I would like a job at QVC Towers, too.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/julia_roberts/2010/09/on-tv-and-now-in-the-movies.html#comments

She is rather good at being a 'contact' for getting jobs at Q Towers, don't you think so? To quote her answer to Sue: "I think Dan and Sophie appreciate the fact that they are fortunate to have a 'contact' who can help them put their respective degree skills to good use, and you are kind to point that out."

Do you think she'll answer my plight?:beer:

Last edited:
what degree skills would be necessary to be a model?????????????
and good luck with that Galaxy

Why would you want to work for QVC?

You'd have to see that bunch of horrors without make up (I bet Craig and Dale look horrendous without at least 5 coats of Polyfilla); listen to JR waffle on about her wonderful life, how tiny she is now and how her kids are so wonderful by making their own way in the world (through hanging on to their mother's zipped-leg jeans for dear life); hear JF throw up everything she's ever eaten before she goes on air; and spend 5 hours a day waiting for Swiss Charlie to wish you a simple "Good morning" with 300 pauses and 40 mentions of his daughter thrown in for good measure.

Not to mention have Glen continually offer to give you a makeover to prove his "independent fashion expert" credentials while you try not to look at whatever he has stuffed down the front of his tight trousers... OK: that last one is rather tempting, but I'd still have to say no.

I think you may have both missed the intended sarcasm in Galaxy's post. :smirk: It won't work hon, you're not related to HRH and nepotism rules at QVC Towers. :rolleyes:

I am planning on writing to Julia if she would be kind enough to help me get my foot in the door, as I would like a job at QVC Towers, too.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/julia_roberts/2010/09/on-tv-and-now-in-the-movies.html#comments

She is rather good at being a 'contact' for getting jobs at Q Towers, don't you think so? To quote her answer to Sue: "I think Dan and Sophie appreciate the fact that they are fortunate to have a 'contact' who can help them put their respective degree skills to good use, and you are kind to point that out."

Do you think she'll answer my plight?:beer:

Gawd that was me! I was so peed off with her and her family tbh I never expected it to get posted so all credited to her to actually post it!!

Just had a good laugh at some of those postings on her blog. Stupid woman. So thick that she can't see that the majority of them are taking the pee out of her. Honestly her ego is as big as QVC towers:sad:

Before PPC can have a go at me I would just like to say that it isn't me with a Julia obsession it is all of you constantly banging on about her.
How thick and stupid is she?. I mean she was the one looking out at the views from her beautuful holiday home.

Before PPC can have a go at me I would just like to say that it isn't me with a Julia obsession it is all of you constantly banging on about her.
How thick and stupid is she?. I mean she was the one looking out at the views from her beautuful holiday home.

Paid for by her wages that's come from all the PVC customers pay out in the rideeeeeculous P&P probably.

Paid for by her wages that's come from all the PVC customers pay out in the rideeeeeculous P&P probably.

Spot on.

But taking a wage and all the many perks of the job just don't seem quite enough now.

I really had to laugh Tuesday night to hear her say with the hard times as they are we all needing to make cut backs.
I find myself buying three for two and other offers at the supermarket.

I'm not saying he can do no wrong but how many times do you hear Julian thank the QVC customer for keeping him in a job.

Why would you want to work for QVC?

You'd have to see that bunch of horrors without make up (I bet Craig and Dale look horrendous without at least 5 coats of Polyfilla); listen to JR waffle on about her wonderful life, how tiny she is now and how her kids are so wonderful by making their own way in the world (through hanging on to their mother's zipped-leg jeans for dear life); hear JF throw up everything she's ever eaten before she goes on air; and spend 5 hours a day waiting for Swiss Charlie to wish you a simple "Good morning" with 300 pauses and 40 mentions of his daughter thrown in for good measure.

Not to mention have Glen continually offer to give you a makeover to prove his "independent fashion expert" credentials while you try not to look at whatever he has stuffed down the front of his tight trousers... OK: that last one is rather tempting, but I'd still have to say no.

You are being soooooo unkind!!!!!! Maybe the poor thing gets excited on TV :devil::devil::devil:

I think you may have both missed the intended sarcasm in Galaxy's post. :smirk: It won't work hon, you're not related to HRH and nepotism rules at QVC Towers. :rolleyes:

I actually thought Klarionthewitch boy was being sarcastic too, did I get that wrong?

This happens to be ST Forum, so we are hardly going to discuss politics, current affairs or review the latest bestseller. Why JR in particular? She invites comments with her actions. She doesn't shy from controversy:whether is demeaning baby's name on air, being bitchy to models 20 years younger than her and 3 sizes smaller than her(OK make it now 1 1/2 sizes only), or as PPC rightly pointed out, she is guilty of nepotism and what is worse she is unashamedly bragging about it with the chosen subject in her latest blog.

I don't believe even for a minute (and it appears that the majority on here shares this opinion with me), that either Daniel or Sophie got their (modelling) jobs at QVC on their own merit. One of them - maybe, but still very questionable. Both of them - definitely not on their own merit. Something to do with mum being a very good 'contact', perhaps?! Oh, yes! Even she admits it and rubs it in, too.

It's wrong. Ask the candidates who lost out on those very jobs that went to Dan and Sophie if they agree with me. For a modelling job it's obvious they would have stood no chance if it wasn't for their mum pulling some strings. Neither of them are model material. I am not just saying this to be cruel, but to make a point why they would have been bottom of the candidate's list, if they didn't have mum as a 'contact'.

She still happens to be the presenter of choice for me, as I would rather watch and listen to Julia than shall we say, the slightly less intelligent offerings from JF. That is not to say that I have to have my pink coloured specs permanently on when it comes to her, though.

I choose not to comment on presenters/models looks/fashion, etc. I feel it is not really necessary as those things are more their personal traits and for me have no bearing for scrutiny. That is not to say that I don't enjoy reading the witty comments on here regarding the presenters and majority of people on here are just having some harmless laugh. Although there are sometimes exceptions and I have been known to get heated up and even feel strongly enough to defend my least favourite presenter - JF. I even have a badge to show for it - an honourable infraction.

As it happens I am also sitting here in my sunny villa writing this and I am very happy with my lot. I am not least jealous of JR's assets (material or otherwise).:wink:

This happens to be ST Forum, so we are hardly going to discuss politics, current affairs or review the latest bestseller. Why JR in particular? She invites comments with her actions. She doesn't shy from controversy:whether is demeaning baby's name on air, being bitchy to models 20 years younger than her and 3 sizes smaller than her(OK make it now 1 1/2 sizes only), or as PPC rightly pointed out, she is guilty of nepotism and what is worse she is unashamedly bragging about it with the chosen subject in her latest blog.

I don't believe even for a minute (and it appears that the majority on here shares this opinion with me), that either Daniel or Sophie got their (modelling) jobs at QVC on their own merit. One of them - maybe, but still very questionable. Both of them - definitely not on their own merit. Something to do with mum being a very good 'contact', perhaps?! Oh, yes! Even she admits it and rubs it in, too.

It's wrong. Ask the candidates who lost out on those very jobs that went to Dan and Sophie if they agree with me. For a modelling job it's obvious they would have stood no chance if it wasn't for their mum pulling some strings. Neither of them are model material. I am not just saying this to be cruel, but to make a point why they would have been bottom of the candidate's list, if they didn't have mum as a 'contact'.

She still happens to be the presenter of choice for me, as I would rather watch and listen to Julia than shall we say, the slightly less intelligent offerings from JF. That is not to say that I have to have my pink coloured specs permanently on when it comes to her, though.

I choose not to comment on presenters/models looks/fashion, etc. I feel it is not really necessary as those things are more their personal traits and for me have no bearing for scrutiny. That is not to say that I don't enjoy reading the witty comments on here regarding the presenters and majority of people on here are just having some harmless laugh. Although there are sometimes exceptions and I have been known to get heated up and even feel strongly enough to defend my least favourite presenter - JF. I even have a badge to show for it - an honourable infraction.

As it happens I am also sitting here in my sunny villa writing this and I am very happy with my lot. I am not least jealous of JR's assets (material or otherwise).:wink:

Hear, hear! :up: :glass:

Is it nepotism in general that the majority object to, or nepotism within QVC/media?
I wonder if it would be the "majority" or "minority" of parents who would use their contacts to help their adult offspring to find work?
In the past I helped both of my two gain part time jobs while at Uni. I may have had "contacts" to get them a foot in the door (they didn't work for me or with me) however they had to prove they were capable the same as any other new employee.
Has anyone ever helped friends/family member get work experience, an internship or an apprenticeship?
Is anyone looking for work & if so would you refuse assistance from family if they could get you into work?
I don't know what the recruitment process is at QVC or if the presenters/models etc are self employed/agency etc . I don't know how many hours JR's family work at QVC Towers etc but as a parent, would I help my kids get a foot in the door ? - my honest answer is yes I would.

Last edited:
Is it nepotism in general that the majority object to, or nepotism within QVC/media?
I wonder if it would be the "majority" or "minority" of parents who would use their contacts to help their adult offspring to find work?
In the past I helped both of my two gain part time jobs while at Uni. I may have had "contacts" to get them a foot in the door (they didn't work for me or with me) however they had to prove they were capable the same as any other new employee.
Has anyone ever helped friends/family member get work experience, an internship or an apprenticeship?
Is anyone looking for work & if so would you refuse assistance from family if they could get you into work?
I don't know what the recruitment process is at QVC or if the presenters/models etc are self employed/agency etc . I don't know how many hours JR's family work at QVC Towers etc but as a parent, would I help my kids get a foot in the door -my honest answer is yes I would.

I have said exactly the same as you and got shot down in flames so be prepared for the backlash.

I don't know what the recruitment process is at QVC or if the presenters/models etc are self employed/agency etc . I don't know how many hours JR's family work at QVC Towers etc but as a parent, would I help my kids get a foot in the door ? - my honest answer is yes I would.

Would you then bang on about it at any given opportunity?
Would you give your offspring an unfair advantage in an open competition by using your job to get people to support them?

I think there's a reason why JR's "helping" her kids is putting people's backs up.

Latest posts

Back