Julia can you please be my 'contact',too?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Would you then bang on about it at any given opportunity?
No I didn't discuss it but as I have an unusual last name, it wasn't that big a leap for others to realise they were related to me. Playing devils advocate - If JR hadn't acknowledged they were related, wouldn't that have been worse?

Would you give your offspring an unfair advantage in an open competition by using your job to get people to support them?
No. I work for a large organisation with a robust recruitment process however if they had completed good apps, matched the PS/JD and been successful at interview, they would be have got the jobs on their own merit.

I think there's a reason why JR's "helping" her kids is putting people's backs up.
I appreciate your point however do we know they didn't complete a recruitment selection? QVC are under no obligation to disclose anything unless a grievance was was made by an unsuccesful candidate but again as I don't know what the recruitment process was, it would only be speculation.

Is it fair KL- no it isn't However my post was honest and I don't think I'd be the only parent on ST Forum who would help their family if they could. I feel that we know her kids work at QVC, those who have strong feelings about that have been able to vent but unless the purpose of continuing to vent is to persuade QVC to replace them (unlikely I would have thought), is their anything new to be added on the subject? What's her crime? Whatever her faults are, She's a mum, cut her a bit of slack and move on.

I appreciate your point however do we know they didn't complete a recruitment selection? QVC are under no obligation to disclose anything unless a grievance was was made by an unsuccesful candidate but again as I don't know what the recruitment process was, it would only be speculation.

Is it fair KL- no it isn't However my post was honest and I don't think I'd be the only parent on ST Forum who would help their family if they could. I feel that we know her kids work at QVC, those who have strong feelings about that have been able to vent but unless the purpose of continuing to vent is to persuade QVC to replace them (unlikely I would have thought), is their anything new to be added on the subject? What's her crime? Whatever her faults are, She's a mum, cut her a bit of slack and move on.

Precisely. But who keeps bringing up the fact that JR's kids are working for QVC?

JR. Stating how great it is that her precious twosome are in a position to put their degrees to good use, apparently.

Yet how many people in this economic climate can say the same about their offspring? Not many I guess: JR may have smoothed the path for her kids (or not), but we don't need to hear from a jumped-up sales assistant how well off her family is when many people are in serious fear of unemployment and all that will bring. Good for her if she's OK, but don't go rubbing people's noses in it.

Also, I once had the dubious honour of working with someone whose mother was a senior manager in the company. Well, I say "work": the guy was a complete misogynist, refused to do a tap of work and was vile to all and sundry. Was anything done about this? No: middle management were scared of p***ing off his mother.

Did QVC really need two new models with wooden presence and rather*coughs*ordinary looks, or did Dan and Sophie actually need the job? Hmm...let me think?!

They came in through the back door with carefully staged appearances set well apart, so not too obvious.

How convenient that few years back whilst Dan was still at university, QVC just 'happened' to need someone to demonstrate the Pilates machine and Dan was the 'expert' as he happened to use his mum's machine at home and of course he was getting qualified as a personal trainer, so he was 'the perfect man' for the job. I remember it well, all the introduction and build up for his first appearance, she was presenting the hour, as well.

Then came along a carefully planned 'mother and daughter' B&W event with Sophie getting modelling exposure. What do you know, next according to Julia's blog, QVC just happened not to have any models available to model that evening (don't they book them in advance through an agency?) and of course who better that Sophie to step in as she herself uses an epilator at home (wow, perfect!).

No I don't know QVC's recruitment process either, but I somehow suspect in this case there wasn't one in a first place. No worries, there will be no unsuccessful candidates to complain because guess what they were not given an opportunity to apply and enter into this job competition. There was not/will not be any competition, because the jobs were created especially for Dan and Sophie. They have certainly got their feet through the (back) door. Theirs was the case where the best candidate didn't win the job, but the only candidate, did.

One would expect that she would want to keep quiet and appear a bit less haughty on these matters. But I suspect she isn't worried what few of her 'fans' comment on her blog page or what any ST forum member/s got to say about it. She is far too busy planning the next carefully staged appearance for Dan and Sophie.

JR. Stating how great it is that her precious twosome are in a position to put their degrees to good use, apparently.

You terrible cynic! It depends on the degree, Dan obviously got a 1st in Gormlessness and Sophie could well have got a degree in Fashion Tat or Diamon-eeeek!

Again, I think nobody would have bothered too much if JR didnt constantly go on about it. In all honesty it actually makes her offspring look a bit hapless, they couldn't make it in the big wide world on their own with their dubious degrees!

I certainly hope the benefits of working at QVC are good to make up for all the times you look like a complete tit harping on about "a squillion callers have leapt onto the phones" etc etc etc

Whatever her faults are, She's a mum, cut her a bit of slack and move on.

Am I the only one to be even remotely disgusted by this comment? It doesn't matter if someone does something incredibly heinous, but if they've popped out a kid or two, all is automatically forgiven? :taphead:

I'm grateful my mum's no longer around to have read that. She raised 7 kids, the last 3 pretty much alone after dad left. Not ONCE did she expect anyone to cut her some slack, and she'd have been insulted if anyone had tried to. She tried to instil in my sisters. my brothers and myself that we could do whatever we put our mind to, but also that you reap what you sow and that life is not fair. And if you're a girl, don't expect life to be any easier just because of that.

By your reasoning, the parents of the kid who shot and killed the 11 year old in Croxteth, Liverpool a few years ago should have been left alone when they'd tried to cover up their kid's crime. Why? Simply because they've spawned the little maggot. "Cut them some slack and move on", eh?

Unless it's just JR's status as a female parent that makes her so sacrosanct? Women have been fighting for decades to be treated the same as men, yet wonder why they still aren't. Maybe because while the equal pay would be lovely, there are still a few women who think they should be treated differently, just because they're "girlies". You know: men hold doors open for them, men pay for meals out (what do lesbians do in that situation?) etc. Well, sorry: you can't have it both ways - you want equality, then you get everything that entails. You don't want to be equal, then fine - wind up the feminist movement and set the clock back 30+ years where women were treated as objects - sometimes treasured yes, but still objects and not treated as thinking people in their own right.

Besides, JR seems to be perfectly capable of dishing it out on air whenever she feels; I'm sure she's got broad enough shoulders for whatever anyone on here says about her.

You terrible cynic! It depends on the degree, Dan obviously got a 1st in Gormlessness and Sophie could well have got a degree in Fashion Tat or Diamon-eeeek!
Erm, yes? :wink:

Again, I think nobody would have bothered too much if JR didnt constantly go on about it. In all honesty it actually makes her offspring look a bit hapless, they couldn't make it in the big wide world on their own with their dubious degrees!
I was thinking this only earlier - my first job after I graduated could have meant I was working in the same place as one of my sisters. But I turned it down - I wanted to make it on my own merits, even if at the time things were a bit precarious. Plus, my sister was Hell to live with; Lord only knows what she'd be like to work with! :sweat:

I certainly hope the benefits of working at QVC are good to make up for all the times you look like a complete tit harping on about "a squillion callers have leapt onto the phones" etc etc etc

You get all the returned NN bedding you can eat - what more can one want? :bow:

Latest posts

Back