Julia's health scare

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
Julia Roberts is away from the Q, & will be absent for several weeks, following an operation to remove a growth from her pituitary gland. It's a macro adenoma & was discovered when she had a scan to investigate why her sight had deteriorated after her cataract operation; it was sizeable & pressing on her optic nerves. The operation was a success & she feels better than she thought she would. I wish her a full recovery.

She must have been treated privately for it to have been done so swiftly. I wonder if health insurance is part of the remuneration package for QVC presenters 🤔

Or if not, they'll earn enough to afford it. Maybe it's one of those diseases that gets referred straight away, though. We will never know.

Debbie says on her blog/ Facebook that she has a health screening every year as part of her healthcare scheme. I should imagine it’s paid for, as private healthcare packages become very expensive when you get to your 50’s and 60’s.

My GP offers an annual M.O.T.

It’s free because it’s on the NHS. It won’t be as thorough as a private health screen, but they do enough to ensure that you’re well and still breathing and, if there is a issue, they refer you for further tests.

I hope Julia is alright.I have never doubted the healthcare system but have recently known those who have experienced, shall we say, less than acceptable waiting times for possible serious conditions where early intervention might have been crucial.I have taken out private health insurance, as I have nobody to necessarily leave anything to I have decided to pay as much as I can to see I get the attention and care I may need.Hopefully I won’t have to put this to the test but as we get older that becomes more improbable!

I hope Julia is alright.I have never doubted the healthcare system but have recently known those who have experienced, shall we say, less than acceptable waiting times for possible serious conditions where early intervention might have been crucial.I have taken out private health insurance, as I have nobody to necessarily leave anything to I have decided to pay as much as I can to see I get the attention and care I may need.Hopefully I won’t have to put this to the test but as we get older that becomes more improbable!
I have great faith in our vet. A couple of weeks ago we were at a party where the majority of the guests were medics & I talked to a retired pathologist who agreed with my jaundiced view. He said that if he thought he was really ill he'd consult his vet because a veterinary student's first two years training is spent with medical students but they don't have the arrogance of doctors. We've lost three people, including my brother in law, due to NHS negligence, know of two who died last year when life saving surgeries were cancelled & a former customer of my husband lost her leg when the district nurse service was suspended then A&E turned her away because she was being dealt with in the community. The appalling treatment I received when our baby died resulted in us making a formal complaint that went as high as things did back in 1983.

Latest posts

Back