Julien McDonald

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Sorry if anyone likes his range, but watching it (while drying my hair) I thought what a load of old rubbish. Its market stall tat. So this one time designer who worked for all the top Paris fashion house - even if it was over 20 years ago (yet he says he started 25 years ago - which makes it only 5 years in the top tier), has to subsidise himself by talking about clothes he's never laid eyes on. A tunic top tonight he had no idea there was a spare button, FGS ! Neon pink poly tops with 'crystals' (his word) that will end up in landfill from the charity shop.

Does he still do collections ? ok he designed the uniform of the Welsh team this year for the Commonwealth Games, but surely someone with his 'pedigree' of designing cardis for the top fashion houses can't be on his uppers enough to flog jewellery and bags bought in from China.

Sorry if anyone likes his range, but watching it (while drying my hair) I thought what a load of old rubbish. Its market stall tat. So this one time designer who worked for all the top Paris fashion house - even if it was over 20 years ago (yet he says he started 25 years ago - which makes it only 5 years in the top tier), has to subsidise himself by talking about clothes he's never laid eyes on. A tunic top tonight he had no idea there was a spare button, FGS ! Neon pink poly tops with 'crystals' (his word) that will end up in landfill from the charity shop.

Does he still do collections ? ok he designed the uniform of the Welsh team this year for the Commonwealth Games, but surely someone with his 'pedigree' of designing cardis for the top fashion houses can't be on his uppers enough to flog jewellery and bags bought in from China.
Yes, he collects all the unwanted tat from Fleetwood market and sells it as designer togs on QVC. Did you see that absolutely hideous tunic Julia was wearing on the JM show today? She thought it was so fab lol. Come on Julia, it was really awful.

CC

Yes, he collects all the unwanted tat from Fleetwood market and sells it as designer togs on QVC. Did you see that absolutely hideous tunic Julia was wearing on the JM show today? She thought it was so fab lol. Come on Julia, it was really awful.

CC

But she kept saying it was a size 10. 😂 Maybe that overrode the fact that it was an awful and garish tunic.

EXACTLY what I mean ! it was vomit inducing, you could almost see the static coming off it. No way in a million years he 'designs' this rubbish. I think this stuff is 'bought in' by QVC and pay a name to front it. The same with his Star Collection in one of the club books - I mean, a club book, for someone who lunches out on his time at the world's top fashion houses, and here he is, on a par with Davina McColl and Ambitious Holden with collections for catalogues. I've checked his website and there doesn't appear to be anything for this year in the sleb world.

I only caught the end of the show yesterday. JR not looking good in the many coloured tunic and Julien giggling like a high school girl about where Julia does her shopping: Waitrose, she admitted and then asked if her cheeks were going pink. Then, before they were hurried along, he said he doubted she would ever shop at Lidle, but that he shops there when he wants to buy something cheap. What a pair!

I only caught the end of the show yesterday. JR not looking good in the many coloured tunic and Julien giggling like a high school girl about where Julia does her shopping: Waitrose, she admitted and then asked if her cheeks were going pink. Then, before they were hurried along, he said he doubted she would ever shop at Lidle, but that he shops there when he wants to buy something cheap. What a pair!
Did she volunteer the information about shopping at Waitrose and/or was it in context?!
She’s clearly proud of the fact 🙄

Lots of people shop at Aldi and Lidl even if they could afford to shop at Waitrose if they chose to...

My SIL often posts these memes on FB called “overheard at Waitrose” - often quite amusing!

Did she volunteer the information about shopping at Waitrose and/or was it in context?!
She’s clearly proud of the fact 🙄

Lots of people shop at Aldi and Lidl even if they could afford to shop at Waitrose if they chose to...

My SIL often posts these memes on FB called “overheard at Waitrose” - often quite amusing!
Julien was quizzing her about where she shops and she admitted (by staying silent and 'blushing') that she shops at Waitrose. I don't live in UK, unfortunately, so I don't understand the social distinctions of where you shop. However, it was clear to me from the conversation that Waitrose is for 'upper class' shoppers who pay more for the privilege. Julia, it appears, wanted us to know this fact. Classic definition of a snob! Dear, oh, dear!!

There was a big article on JM in this weekend’s Style magazine in the Sunday Times!!!! Along the lines of ”He’s Back!!!” I think. Now I must confess I couldn’t actually bring myself to read it because it began with Kylie calls me Miss Sparkle, Beyoncé calls me Tina Sparkle, and I just couldn’t be doing with such name dropping in the first sentence, never mind paragraph! It’s in the recycling now so I can’t give any more info, 😀.

Julien was quizzing her about where she shops and she admitted (by staying silent and 'blushing') that she shops at Waitrose. I don't live in UK, unfortunately, so I don't understand the social distinctions of where you shop. However, it was clear to me from the conversation that Waitrose is for 'upper class' shoppers who pay more for the privilege. Julia, it appears, wanted us to know this fact. Classic definition of a snob! Dear, oh, dear!!

Griz, have you heard of John Lewis ? the department store. Well, Waitrose is the food side of the business.

Waitrose is a bit of a snobby thing. There was one not far from me when I lived in Edinburgh but I never shopped there. They sell the same things as Tesco for 3 times the cost. Even dearer than M&S but at least Markies sell things that are a little bit different, Waitrose is your everyday things with extra special prices. All ladies shopping in their Athleisure suits with their designer babies that match their handbags and their French Bulldogs lined up at the door. Blahhh.

CC

Waitrose is a bit of a snobby thing. There was one not far from me when I lived in Edinburgh but I never shopped there. They sell the same things as Tesco for 3 times the cost. Even dearer than M&S but at least Markies sell things that are a little bit different, Waitrose is your everyday things with extra special prices. All ladies shopping in their Athleisure suits with their designer babies that match their handbags and their French Bulldogs lined up at the door. Blahhh.

CC
Woops! I shop at Waitrose. They often have promotions on everyday items making them cheaper than Tesco's for things I buy.

Seems to have a decent sense of fun and comes over as a pleasant individual. Unlike that crusty old git flogging sparkling warthogs.

Latest posts

Back