Just had a review rejected!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

piper4

Feline & Veiltail Techie!
Two Elms left & One Oak north of Pixie Wood on the
At the end of March I ordered and received 699040 dyed agate bracelet which is very pretty but the elastic is very tight and I have a small wrist, but I can get it on carefully I decided to keep it, last night I thought I would write a review, and was surprised to see other reviewers had written about the size of the bracelet and the elastic. I thought I had written a good report I gave it 4 stars but I guess what probably sunk me was to say that if the buyers had tried the bracelet on from the get go it would have been obvious the sizing was too neat and had they done so the item would have got higher votes and I added finally that if it did snap off I didn't mind restringing it myself.

Perhaps they didn't like the obvious being pointed out to them lol.

piper

At the end of March I ordered and received 699040 dyed agate bracelet which is very pretty but the elastic is very tight and I have a small wrist, but I can get it on carefully I decided to keep it, last night I thought I would write a review, and was surprised to see other reviewers had written about the size of the bracelet and the elastic. I thought I had written a good report I gave it 4 stars but I guess what probably sunk me was to say that if the buyers had tried the bracelet on from the get go it would have been obvious the sizing was too neat and had they done so the item would have got higher votes and I added finally that if it did snap off I didn't mind restringing it myself.

Perhaps they didn't like the obvious being pointed out to them lol.

piper

Did they actually tell you they were rejecting it or did it just not appear? I have had reviews not posted on the website, not sure why as some of them were good five star ones, so can't fathom their reasoning. :wonder:

If they actually told you they were not going to post it I would challenge them as to me it sounds like a very honest review that others (including the QVC buyers!) would find helpful.

Why don't you post it on the review section here? I keep meaning to put some reviews on as I have lost faith with the ones on QVC.

Did they actually tell you they were rejecting it or did it just not appear? I have had reviews not posted on the website, not sure why as some of them were good five star ones, so can't fathom their reasoning. :wonder:

If they actually told you they were not going to post it I would challenge them as to me it sounds like a very honest review that others (including the QVC buyers!) would find helpful.

Why don't you post it on the review section here? I keep meaning to put some reviews on as I have lost faith with the ones on QVC.

Gemster
I received an email from QVC telling me it didn't meet their community guidlines. I didn't keep a copy of it, I was actually going to give it 5 stars then changed my mind and gave it 4 because of the elastic. I also didn't recommend it as a gift as I couldn't be sure of the size of peoples wrists and I would hate someone to get it with a bigger wrist than I.

I really like Qvc's jewellry and for their buyers to bring such beautiful jewelry for us to choose from then slip up on something so simple as elastic, I think perhaps they need to do spot checks on items they get in at the Warehouse as you know quality can change and you might not be aware of it, atleast being able to post a review gives us mortals a chance to make an informed decision without all the hassle of return something to them, over the 10 years I have only returned 1 item to them and that was faulty workmanship.

Oops I've rambled on yet again.

piper

I've just had one rejected, as well:mysmilie_503: They sent me an email to say that the content was not suitable :mysmilie_503: I wouldn't mind but it was full of praise etc. I've since phoned customer service and told them I won't be bothering to waste my time again :mysmilie_512: They apologised and said it may have been a mistake, and are passing my comments on to the technical department :mysmilie_498:

I'm really shocked by this, mine just didn't appear rather than actually being rejected so I suppose that may have been a technical hitch, has happened about 6 times though!!

And Piper I think you should challenge it with them as to why it didn't meet their guidelines.

As long as you are not using bad/inappropriate language or saying something that could cause offence to other users/readers then there is no reason for rejecting a review IMO.

What on earth is the point of having a review facility if people can't be honest about the item?? :angry:

And yet they seem to have no problem with people posting ridiculous reviews for items they haven't even received. :headbang:

I've just had one rejected, as well:mysmilie_503: They sent me an email to say that the content was not suitable :mysmilie_503: I wouldn't mind but it was full of praise etc. I've since phoned customer service and told them I won't be bothering to waste my time again :mysmilie_512: They apologised and said it may have been a mistake, and are passing my comments on to the technical department :mysmilie_498:

Assuming that's the technical department at the independent company that moderates the reviews and not at QVC who are supposed to have nothing to do with them lol :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Hi everyone

When I wrote the report there was a box you could tick which they would email you to let you know it was posted I hadn't seen that option before, I will give them a ring to see what they say but I don't have a phone at the mo if I can I will call them from work tomorrow.

piper

Assuming that's the technical department at the independent company that moderates the reviews and not at QVC who are supposed to have nothing to do with them lol :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

ooh yes I'd forgotten about the mythical independent company :smirk::giggle:
Piper and Maria and anyone else who has reviews rejected, think you should be demanding contact details for said company so you can take it up with them!:devil:

I have had 2 1 star reviews rejected and a 5 star one accepted over the last few weeks

have only written one 5 star review it got printed maybe mine was beginners luck wont be writing anymore though as it's pointless

It would be really interesting to find out their criteria for accepting reviews to see why reviews are being rejected. They should have no problem posting anything that is not offensive and should welcome constructive criticism which will inform future potential buyers and hopefully alert the seller's quality control department.

With regard to the small sizing of the elastic, perhaps the goods are made in the far east where the workforce is traditionally smaller and they try them on themselves thinking they are adequate.

It could be worth complaining to the ASA as QVC quote the reviews and amount of stars etc on air all the time and it would appear by the comments on here that they are not being fair with reviews and giving viewers a false impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back