Katie Elliot

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So, it appears that I may have got confused.

Kim Jong-Un is a fashion designer - and Yong Kim is a North Korean dictator.

Just to clarify, here's some photos of Yong Kim, the fashion designer so that you don't all make the same mistake.

191222-kim-jong-un-gty-773.jpg

2024-04-10t225844z_2_lynxnpek390yc_rtroptp_3_northkorea-politics.jpg

skynews-michael-mcintyre-comedian_6477873.jpg

Yong Kim clothes looked like something given to inmates in insane asylums to wear; mostly in shades of grey, with the occasional black, striped or lime green piece to stop viewers getting too suicidal at the soul shattering grimness of it all. And most of it pre-wrinkled so you too could look like you've just staggered awake after spending a week long drunken stupor in the dog's bed, or the neighbour's hedge.

And Ingrid Tarrant! I loved her! A stick thin older lady who always appeared on screen wearing most of the range at once. She wasn't a great advert for the range, but she was very enthusiastic about it
Laughed my head off at your comments - such an accurate description! :ROFLMAO: I thought the range was awful and Ingrid Tarrant did it no favours, talking as though it had been designed by a top fashion designer when it actually looked as though it was put together by a two year old having a bad day. And the prices were off the wall - pity they couldn't have formed a partnership with Gemporia and pinned a piece of jade on the clothing somewhere - they could have charged about £150,000 an item for it! I'm no great shakes as a dressmaker, but if I couldn't produce something better-looking than that range then I'd have given up.

Yong Kim?

Why was the leader of North Korea on there? He's usually threatening to nuke other countries.

Was he selling flares?
Well, Yong Kim (allegedly female, although to my knowledge never seen in the flesh by man, woman, beast or Peter Simon) was using a far more subtle tactic...stifling the whole population of the UK by covering them with huge yardage of cloth which masqueraded under the title of 'a clothing range' (I use the term loosely - bit like the clothes, which fitted like barrage balloons). I think the cunning plan was to sell as much of the 'range' on QVC as they could, and then follow this up with an aerial bombardment of cloth falling from the skies.

This is a bit off topic, but if you want to see a child having a good day. Google 'Max Alexander Petticoats Dress'. Let me know what you think. Discovered his work via a suggested post on Instagram.
Wow, do you know, I think this cute little boy might be right - he IS Gucci reincarnated! It's amazing what he's done at such a young age (loved the bit where it said his mum sat him on her lap while she used the sewing machine!). Actually, for seven years old (and he started at what - the age of four?!!) his dress designs are incredible - very catwalk. He could be a millionaire by the time he's reached the ancient age of ten, the way he's going. I'd rather his creative designs than the (un)lovely Yong Kim cement sack look any day.

A lovely story, especially when almost all other news is so awful. Thanks for this, Ant7t. He's one to watch!

A lovely story, especially when almost all other news is so awful. Thanks for this, Ant7t. He's one to watch!
He's the grand ol' age of 8 now. And yes, I saw recently, aka this week, that his family is half American and half Canadian. And on the Canadian side, his grandfather around 100 years ago arrived in Montreal with nothing but $5 and a sewing bag. So, it runs in the family. He even had a coat commissioned by Sharon Stone.

He's the grand ol' age of 8 now. And yes, I saw recently, aka this week, that his family is half American and half Canadian. And on the Canadian side, his grandfather around 100 years ago arrived in Montreal with nothing but $5 and a sewing bag. So, it runs in the family. He even had a coat commissioned by Sharon Stone.
Just incredible what this little chap has done. His parents must be wondering what the future holds for him. It sounds like entrepreneurship's in the genes! :)

Just incredible what this little chap has done. His parents must be wondering what the future holds for him. It sounds like entrepreneurship's in the genes! :)
He even has an assistant: his little brother. If you haven't already, and can, check his instagram. Couture to the Max. If you want to of course ;)

He even has an assistant: his little brother. If you haven't already, and can, check his instagram. Couture to the Max. If you want to of course ;)
He'll have recruited the world by the time he's finished. Talk about ambition at a young age - I wonder if he'll give it all up in a couple of years and want to be a pilot or something else! I'll have a look at his Instagram - no doubt he's got quite a following by now. :)

Latest posts

Back