Kelly Van Gough Hair Dye

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.227275/walk.yah.UKHB

Kelly Van Gogh Hair Dye

Before you splash out on the Kelly van Gogh hair dye I'd read the reviews on HSN.com...doesn't seem any better than the permenant dye you can buy on the dreaded high street...at a tenner for two boxes (depending on the current brand on offer). As a serial hair colour changer I'd rather spend £5 a box (the cost of the p&p for this product)

http://www.hsn.com/infomercial/kelly-van-gogh-master-blend-multidimensional-hair-colour-kit_m-10057839_xp.aspx?webp_id=6494315&web_id=6494315&ocm=sekw

Jude xx

Last edited:
Watched and well.

No ingredients mentioned. Is is ammonia free?
Does it cover grey?

I felt as wise when she finished as before she came on about her products.

No tempted in the least.

They didn't show all the colours! And the ginger model looked completely p!ssed off when off camera, maybe she'll be using the Louise Galvin remover after the show!

Jude xx

PS sorry I mistryped the title!

Just had my hair done at the hairdresser's for the first time, was nice being pampered but not worth the money, however the colour they used is quite nice so I think next time it needs topping up I shall take myself to Sally's and see whether I can't figure out how to do this by myself. Haircolour seems a weird thing to sell on a shopping channel...

(eta: have been a fake redhead since my teens, have tried every box colour under the sun and henna)

If youre going to spend that much on a box dye, you may as well go to a salon. Am I the only one who found Kelly a little bit stuck up? I do think it's a load of rubbish - as if her celebrity clients use that box dye. I also noticed she didn't mention which one SHE was wearing :giggle: . Not a very good deal IMO.

At the £35 or so it works out at, yes, it IS considerably cheaper than having it done at the hairdressers. But it seems a crazy price for something you still have to do yourself.

Am also a serial dyer and in my experience provided the colour itself is right, the issue with home colour seems to be it going patchy or uneven and I can't see how this would help.

Personally, I've started using a John Frieda Mousse colour, which seems to give an excellent even result and is £9.99 a box.

And as was said, what about the famous 30 day money back guarantee? If I use it and don't like the result, can I return the empty box? After all, I would have used ALL of it. I'll bet QVC will get more than a few people sending the empties back!

I have strawberry blond hair and, if not looked after, it can fade to become a horribly dull col, so I am quite intrigued by this range. Before purchasing any product, however, I have to know that it is not tested on our furry friends; I emailed KVG and, within a couple of hours, I had received a reply that she only tests on humans. Obviously, a product has to work but, personally, effectiveness comes second to animal testing. May look into this range further, but it is a possible.

:heart:NO ANIMAL TESTING:heart:

I colour my hair myself and the secret is to prepare well, take your time and follow the instructions to the letter. I use Castings and find it leaves my hair in great condition, have been tempted by the John Fredia mousse but it is permanent so would need to do roots I guess. The colours look lovely and it has had good reviews on Boots website. Don't understand how hair colour fits with the mbg.

Watched and well.

No ingredients mentioned. Is is ammonia free?
Does it cover grey?

I felt as wise when she finished as before she came on about her products.No tempted in the least.

The only "fact" I gleaned was that we should all buy TWO, so that in 6 weeks, we could spend another 30 quid to touch up our roots!! :giggle:

I have been prematurely greying for the last 15 years and at 40 the front of my hair is almost white. I can't use permanent hair dyes as I have to re-do it so frequently my hair turns black as a result of dye build-up. Supermarket semi-permanents wash out within 10 days because the white haird doesn't absorb the colour well. The only colour that works is going to my hairdresser every 6 weeks for a semi-permanent tint as the professional dye takes better. I pay £19 and walk out with wet hair so save on blowdrying charges. It works out the same as what I'd spend on supermarket semi's. My hairdresser does a better job, being able to really get the dye into my roots and she leaves me to "cook" for 50 minutes - much longer than the supermarket jobs recommend. So, wouldn't buy the ones on QVC as I expect they are all a much of a muchness in terms of longevity.

Latest posts

Back