Kim & co ridiculous prices!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've not come on here to knock Kim's clothes for the sake of it,I know some people on here like it,and find the clothes comfortable! Some of the stuff is styled nicely, and some of the patterns and prints I love, though most I hate,I have to say...but what shocks me most is the flippin' prices! Just now they were showing a heavily floral tunic top, obviously acrylic. It had batwing sleeves and a drawstring waist band...up close, the drawstring was just finished off with little knots, freyed at the ends, but the freying didn't look though it was supposed to a feature...it just looked poor quality, and the hem, though probably well stitched was visible by the double line of stitching at the bottom, (again not a sign of a quality garment). For £42 + another £3.95 p&p I'd expect the stitching on the hem not to be visible from the outside of the garment and finished inside with that special tape (I know there's a term for it, but I don't remember what it is).

If you went into a high street store with £46 to spend on a top, I'm sure you'd find something really gorgeous and well made, to me this looked like something you'd find hanging at the back of Bon Marche, in fact, I don't think it would have looked out of place in a market stall! I guess we're paying to fund her trips over here, as I don't think she's ploughing an awful lot of her profit into sourcing quality materials and workmanship!!!!

I like some of her patterns & colours too but nothing would induce me to pay 40 ruddy quid for a couple of polyester t-shirts! :eek:
Her prices are ludicrous in the extreme but her stuff seems to sell well.......though there's always a good selection at knockdown prices on eBay! lol

I feel they are certainly overpriced, I do like some of the skirts but they do not accomadate for petite people, so my money is safe.

The finishing on her garments certainly does not match the price tag. I have found stitching coming undone, facing strips on cardigans is not stitched down and therefore clearly shows if the cardigan is worn open, and colour often runs on the darker shades. I have ruined underwear before now because of the black dye turning it blue ( and it was bone dry at the time). I still buy some off Ebay though if I can get them at a sensible price.

absolutely merryone this stuff is not worth half what she sells it for it looks like the kind of things you buy from a market stlll on the £5 rail.but it sells.....

I agree. Her pricing is crazy. Also whilst we're on the subject, when QVC did those short films about Kim's office and her staff, she was NEVER shown wearing her own designs so I fail to see haw she gets borderline hysteria everytime she unveils her lastest creations. I think the hysteria comes from the thought of the amount of money in the bank from flogging this stuff at over inflated prices.

I agree. Her pricing is crazy. Also whilst we're on the subject, when QVC did those short films about Kim's office and her staff, she was NEVER shown wearing her own designs so I fail to see haw she gets borderline hysteria everytime she unveils her lastest creations. I think the hysteria comes from the thought of the amount of money in the bank from flogging this stuff at over inflated prices.

Spot on, I just can't listen to her anymore. She comes across as one of QVC's least sincere guests.:54:

I also agree and what is interesting is have you ever seen any of the presenters wearing her tat on air afterwards. They rave about them soo much in the presentations you would think they would be wearing them all the time.

I feel they are certainly overpriced, I do like some of the skirts but they do not accomadate for petite people, so my money is safe.[/QUO

You may well know this but on her website www.kimco.ca there is a petite range and for an extra cost you can get pieces you really like custom made if you are extra petite. I know there are shipping costs to consider but it may be an idea.:thinking2:

Thanks folks, I'm glad it wasn't just me who'd noticed her unrealstic and stupid prices...Didn't have to look very hard for a couple of shining illustrations!

Outfit no.1 is a shocking £52.80...I guess she'd justify this saying it's a suit..but I'd rather wear my birthday suit in public than go outdoors looking like that!

Outfit two, is even more shocking as it's £62.50! Not only is it frumpy and ugly, it looks really really cheap and I wouldn't have though anyone wearing this would have paid any more than £14 for the whole outfit!!!!!

Bliddy awful!

Oh bugga! Piccies failed..can anyone be a sweetie and upload pics of 139110 and 143930 please?

Attachments

• £52.80!.jpg
    £52.80!.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 133
  • £62.50!.jpg
    £62.50!.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I agree. The prices are ridiculous especially these days when you've got Primark, Matalan etc.

I like the look of the Tiana B dresses but they too are overpriced for what they are.

I have bought clothes from QVC but from Casual and Co and Style Inc which are much better priced.

I am afraid that I just can't watch these shows for more than a few minutes. I know it sounds silly but I find that I get so cross with the prices and then having to listen to the presenters trying to convince me that I am being offered unbelievable bargains. Sorry, I am not prepared to pay £40+ for a skirt made of inferior fabric even though it may have a nice pattern. I have in the past bought some Kim and Co items and a few of them developed holes in them even though they had only been worn and carefully washed a few times. I consider realistic prices for this range to be between £15 - £30 and no more.

Truly hideous outfits. I can't believe people would part with £62 for what looks like old jimjams. Why? :confused:
I've been tempted a couple of times by one or two tops, but the huge price for what they are, has put me off. I'd pay no more than £15 for them.

Those tow outfits look apauling at any porice!

I too like some of the patterns but would never pay that much.

I like M&S/Pur Una ones - good quality and you know what you are getting.

Even better if you can pick up off ebay - had a £30 Per Una top with tags last week for about £4 - and that inlcuded p&p!

Latest posts

Back