Kipling Con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Did anyone notice the hike up in price when the Jacqueline bag went to air yesterday? It was on the website over the weekend at £35.84 (I may be wrong on the pence but definitely £35). I was going to order it in Organic Green but wanted to wait and see it on air first. Yesterday it was advertised on the homepage 'get this bag at this great price', still £35+ and I put one in my basket just before the 4pm Kipling show started. When it aired it was showing at an introductory price of £41+ (QVC price £45) but the one in my basket was still £35. However, when I clicked go to checkout the price changed from £35 to £41. What a con - no doubt anyone who ordered over the weekend got it at the lower price and to hike the price up when it went to air is appalling, especially when it was on the homepage all day at the lower price. Needless to say they lost a sale.

For the record, I paid £35 for this bag in another colour when it returned after being a TSV. That means QVC have increased their price by £10.

do you know I'm pleased as you've written this,as I thought i was going mad yesterday!!!

I was browsing on the website yesterday morning and saw this bag with the caption see this special priced bag - and I thought it was about/just under £35.I never bought as a TSV,as I don't like the diagonal long straps - but was looking for a new handheld work bag,as this would be good.waited for it to come on air and it was about £41???!!!

I really don't see how this is fair?!

do you know I'm pleased as you've written this,as I thought i was going mad yesterday!!!

I was browsing on the website yesterday morning and saw this bag with the caption see this special priced bag - and I thought it was about/just under £35.I never bought as a TSV,as I don't like the diagonal long straps - but was looking for a new handheld work bag,as this would be good.waited for it to come on air and it was about £41???!!!

I really don't see how this is fair?!

It's not fair. I emailed CS this morning asking them to explain why the price was increased when the item went to air. It'll be interesting to see if, and what sort of response I get.

Yes I noticed this too, what a con!! QVC really seem to hike their prices up left, right and centre lately. I would be interested to hear what CS's response would be - hope they have a decent explanation, but somehow I doubt it.

In July I ordered the Kipling Benita, I missed it as a TSV and wanted it in the white snake print. On the QVC website it says price £31.34 plus p&p £3.95. I returned the bag because reviewers said that when the bag was washed the snake print peeled. I was just checking my credit card statement and noticed that QVC had charged me £34.50 plus p&p £3.95. Now on the QVC website it still says £31.34, so watch those invoices from QVC - very dodgy!

In July I ordered the Kipling Benita, I missed it as a TSV and wanted it in the white snake print. On the QVC website it says price £31.34 plus p&p £3.95. I returned the bag because reviewers said that when the bag was washed the snake print peeled. I was just checking my credit card statement and noticed that QVC had charged me £34.50 plus p&p £3.95. Now on the QVC website it still says £31.34, so watch those invoices from QVC - very dodgy!

I hope you're not going to let them get away with that....

If you are on facebook go on their page and also report it, I have read loads of complaints on there whenever I think to look.

I was going to suggest posting on Facebook as they seem to reply on there. I think they have about 14,000 fans on there and I guess they don't want to give a bad impression to so many people.

I finally got a respone after sending two emails, one last Monday they ignored and one yesterday. Here's what they said:

"Thank you for contacting QVC.

Our apologies, I have checked the item details here on our ordering database and it is price £41.16 w/ £3.95 P&P. This must be an error as other colour options are priced lower than the Organic Green.

If you wish to place the order we can amend the price to the £35.84. If so please order via our Customer Care on 0800 51 41 31, your account has been commented accordingly. This error will be reported and amended ASAP.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us."

I checked the website this morning and it's still showing as £41.16 for all colour options!!

Latest posts

Back