Estee Lauder Modern Muse set last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I tuned in at 9pm as I wanted to see the Estee Lauder deals. They showed the fragrance set and Flinty went overboard saying how much you save and of course with the no p & p too (it was £74.98). I was wondering whether to try it, when it suddenly went limited. Arggh I thought, I'd better pick up that phone quickly, so I ordered it. Seconds after I ordered, it sold out, phew I thought. Today I've gone to QVC's website and it's in stock! Ok it's now gone up in price to £89, but I thought it had sold out! I do realise though that maybe some have 'dropped out' of people's baskets, as they love to say.

Anyhow, I've just done a search and discovered the set on Boots website, for £74! So much for Flinty saying 'if you go to Estee Lauder direct it will cost £xx pounds more.' Obviously no mention that you can buy it for a few pence cheaper at Boots. (Which I admit is not like Boots as I find them quite expensive since covid).

I'm thinking though, that if I don't like it at least I can send it back within 60 days, which of course I couldn't do with Boots.

But it has made me think that I really need to do searches when things come to air that I'm interested in and not take the presenters spiel at face value especially when it comes to prices elsewhere. They wouldn't tell porkies though, would they? ;)

Last edited:
Always worth shopping around ( even if after a panic purchase)
Remember you can always cancel online within 30 mins of placing your order
Or you can refuse delivery

I tried this perfume before Xmas and returned it as it’s not my style at all

Yes I've since read mixed reviews about the perfume, ah well I'll see what I think when it arrives :)

Anyone see Dancing On Ice last night I couldn’t believe what I saw, never seen anything like it before.
They were showing a pre record interview of made up Pussy Cat Doll Kimberley talking of her skate and then in the same chair later on X Strictly Pro Brendan.
Both were in the make up chair facing the camera with the make up desk behind positioning to the left hand side side of them in both interviews was the same opened bottle of Estee Lauder make up and brush.
Then positioned behind was some of the skin care including the Night Repair serum then all along the counter behind them were groups of EL products.
Sure enough when they went to the pre record run through dress rehearsal I think it was, the studio ice rink had an Estee Lauder logo board placed right behind were the skaters were.
Later on in the show after I’d got over the cheek of their blatant product placing, up popped Maybelline mascara in one of the advert breaks. 😉😂😂

Yes I've since read mixed reviews about the perfume, ah well I'll see what I think when it arrives :)
I've made a few mistakes buying perfume blind, and I'd never do it again. The last one I bought was Judith Williams Joyful Dream and it came with a big pot of body lotion. They made it sound gorgeous. The smell was nice, but it was far too fruity for my liking. It was described as a fruity floral but I don't get any flowers from it at all. As it was pleasant enough I decided that it would be my "work perfume". The staying power is terrible as in there's absolutely none. It's usually completely gone by the time I even get to work. The body lotion holds its fragrance better but as I'm in a hurry in the mornings I don't have time to slather it on. If possible I prefer to try testers in shops and walk around for a while to see how it settles and how long it lasts. Obviously this isn't possible for everybody. I've been saying for ages that Q send customers samples to try first, even if it's just a little square of cardboard impregnated with the fragrance, or a tiny little sachet. It would be so much more ethical than allowing people to use a whole load of it and then return it. Had I been able to smell the Tova Signature before I bought it, well I wouldn't have bought it - It was disgusting!

Anyone see Dancing On Ice last night I couldn’t believe what I saw, never seen anything like it before.
They were showing a pre record interview of made up Pussy Cat Doll Kimberley talking of her skate and then in the same chair later on X Strictly Pro Brendan.
Both were in the make up chair facing the camera with the make up desk behind positioning to the left hand side side of them in both interviews was the same opened bottle of Estee Lauder make up and brush.
Then positioned behind was some of the skin care including the Night Repair serum then all along the counter behind them were groups of EL products.
Sure enough when they went to the pre record run through dress rehearsal I think it was, the studio ice rink had an Estee Lauder logo board placed right behind were the skaters were.
Later on in the show after I’d got over the cheek of their blatant product placing, up popped Maybelline mascara in one of the advert breaks. 😉😂😂
The companies pay for the product placement. I hated Maybelline mascara yet all this beauty experts raved about it.

I've made a few mistakes buying perfume blind, and I'd never do it again. The last one I bought was Judith Williams Joyful Dream and it came with a big pot of body lotion. They made it sound gorgeous. The smell was nice, but it was far too fruity for my liking. It was described as a fruity floral but I don't get any flowers from it at all. As it was pleasant enough I decided that it would be my "work perfume". The staying power is terrible as in there's absolutely none. It's usually completely gone by the time I even get to work. The body lotion holds its fragrance better but as I'm in a hurry in the mornings I don't have time to slather it on. If possible I prefer to try testers in shops and walk around for a while to see how it settles and how long it lasts. Obviously this isn't possible for everybody. I've been saying for ages that Q send customers samples to try first, even if it's just a little square of cardboard impregnated with the fragrance, or a tiny little sachet. It would be so much more ethical than allowing people to use a whole load of it and then return it. Had I been able to smell the Tova Signature before I bought it, well I wouldn't have bought it - It was disgusting!
I do blind buy now and then.

But, I look at the notes and proper perfume sites will have a list of notes. Then I look at as many reviews as I can find that would mean it would have to be sold at a number of places. I do not trust someone on QVC rambling Oh that is lovely etc.

The companies pay for the product placement. I hated Maybelline mascara yet all this beauty experts raved about it.
Pretty penny for that placement yet at the same time Debs was shifting loads of the three bottles of Advanced Night 😉😂

Talk about QVCs pricing, I treated myself to an Elemis set at the beginning of December, they are now showing the very same at £40 more.That is some increase and it was not promoted as a special price when I bought mine.
Blimey. That is some price increase…..
I do think you have to look around. When QVC started up there was really no other way to get some of the nice brands, but now with the internet it’s much easier to be a savvy shopper.

Most make-up tsvs are usually priced just under £40 including a reasonably priced p&p in that cost, but the Doll 10 was over the £40 which clearly was including the "free p&p".

Well I have to agree with you jordie, it's not my style either! The day one is quite nice but doesn't have staying power, the night one is very strong, not too bad once it settles down but I wouldn't pay what they're asking just for the night one, plus I can't get away from the fact that the rum they mention as part of the fragrance is very rummy in that one! And to be honest they don't seem to smell much different to others I've tried by using those strips in magazines that sometimes cost less. Plus, I've got an EDT from M & S that cost me around £12 and smells much nicer! So this is definitely going back, couldn't recommend.

Latest posts

Back