Lack of information

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As rare as hen's teeth

Registered Shopper
TJC cherry pick on what information they share with you regarding gemstone enhancements TJC have no problem informing the consumer when the gem is natural but try getting the information out of them when the gem has undergone any form of treatment There can be only one reason for not disclosing this information and that is too much information will affect sales Consumers could believe that a particular gemstone was of higher quality and therefore be more valuable than it actually is Before buying any gem from this company please find out as much information as you possibly can to avoid being disappointed later on

TJC cherry pick on what information they share with you regarding gemstone enhancements TJC have no problem informing the consumer when the gem is natural but try getting the information out of them when the gem has undergone any form of treatment There can be only one reason for not disclosing this information and that is too much information will affect sales Consumers could believe that a particular gemstone was of higher quality and therefore be more valuable than it actually is Before buying any gem from this company please find out as much information as you possibly can to avoid being disappointed later on
This is the only time I'll defend Gemporia but at least they do for the most part mention what treatment a gem has gone through within the on screen graphics box.

This is the only time I'll defend Gemporia but at least they do for the most part mention what treatment a gem has gone through within the on screen graphics box.
Gemporia gives codes for treatments in their on-screen graphics. But they don't explain what they mean on air. Or even draw any attention to them.

If you have enough wherewithal to check Gemporia's website, you'll find that there is a section on gem treatments. But it doesn't explain all the treatment codes that Gemporia uses.

Even less helpfully, Gemporia has in the past been caught out on stating the wrong codes in their graphics. Or on a couple of occasions, not mentioned any gem treatments at all when they should have.

Utilising treatment codes is only helpful if a) they're correct, and b) potential customers know how to get proper explanations for them.

Not to mention the fact that Gemporia presenters often screech excitedly about their gems' colours and clarity and compare them to rare and valuable examples sold for millions in the past; they never verbally state that their stones are treated/filled/dyed/heated/reconstructed or whatever. They want the viewers buying emotionally, not paying attention to anything in the on-screen graphics beyond the often ludicrous start price, and the final one.

Gemporia gives as much information on their gems as TJC. But they deflect criticism by stating that treatment codes are shown on screen. This happened to me when I raised this with the company on Facebook a while ago. But they went very quiet when I asked why presenters never mention them, why they very rarely tell viewers to check the website for more information on treatments, and why only a few select codes are elaborated on.

Gemporia gives codes for treatments in their on-screen graphics. But they don't explain what they mean on air. Or even draw any attention to them.

If you have enough wherewithal to check Gemporia's website, you'll find that there is a section on gem treatments. But it doesn't explain all the treatment codes that Gemporia uses.

Even less helpfully, Gemporia has in the past been caught out on stating the wrong codes in their graphics. Or on a couple of occasions, not mentioned any gem treatments at all when they should have.

Utilising treatment codes is only helpful if a) they're correct, and b) potential customers know how to get proper explanations for them.

Not to mention the fact that Gemporia presenters often screech excitedly about their gems' colours and clarity and compare them to rare and valuable examples sold for millions in the past; they never verbally state that their stones are treated/filled/dyed/heated/reconstructed or whatever. They want the viewers buying emotionally, not paying attention to anything in the on-screen graphics beyond the often ludicrous start price, and the final one.

Gemporia gives as much information on their gems as TJC. But they deflect criticism by stating that treatment codes are shown on screen. This happened to me when I raised this with the company on Facebook a while ago. But they went very quiet when I asked why presenters never mention them, why they very rarely tell viewers to check the website for more information on treatments, and why only a few select codes are elaborated on.
You have made a very valid point about the presenters and their reactions to the gems. I think this is a common strategy that they use to persuade the viewers to buy their products. They act as if they are amazed by the quality and the value of the gems, and they emphasize how low the price is compared to other places. This does as you say create a sense of urgency and excitement in the potential customers, who may feel like they are getting a great deal.

I have contacted TJC on many occasions I'm frustrated with TJC's lack of interest in the gem enhancements. They always promise to check it out, but they never follow up. I suspect it's because they're more concerned about the presentation than the facts.

Eloquently put, Vapidstoat. The other thing that irritates me with Gems is that they harp on about Ice White Diamonds, but don’t put both the colour AND clarity in the description.

I hate their ever so shady Dave telling buyers that the diamonds are set into nine carat gold to keep the cost low for ‘you guys’.The truth is that only diamonds of a good enough quality are ever set into eighteen carat gold and that is standard industry practice, nothing more than that. Again it comes back to buyer beware.

But not a word onscreen...buyer beware!

I hate their ever so shady Dave telling buyers that the diamonds are set into nine carat gold to keep the cost low for ‘you guys’.The truth is that only diamonds of a good enough quality are ever set into eighteen carat gold and that is standard industry practice, nothing more than that. Again it comes back to buyer

I hate their ever so shady Dave telling buyers that the diamonds are set into nine carat gold to keep the cost low for ‘you guys’.The truth is that only diamonds of a good enough quality are ever set into eighteen carat gold and that is standard industry practice, nothing more than that. Again it comes b Dave Troth is not far behind

I hate their ever so shady Dave telling buyers that the diamonds are set into nine carat gold to keep the cost low for ‘you guys’.The truth is that only diamonds of a good enough quality are ever set into eighteen carat gold and that is standard industry practice, nothing more than that. Again it comes back to buyer beware.
Dave Troth and Gemporia often compares their gems to those of top gem houses, such as Tiffany and Cartier. They claim that their gems are sourced ethically and responsibly, and that they have the same or better characteristics than the ones sold by the famous brands

Troth is always talking about type A jadeite He loves to talk about how rare and expensive it is quoting from books, showing pictures and naming the prices that the big jewelers charge for it. He then switches to praising Gemporia's jadeite collection and how they eliminate the middleman to offer you the best deals. Finally, he reveals the price and surprise surprise, you can get a huge carving for the cost of a bag of crisps

Latest posts

Back