Laura Geller TSV 23/07/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great, clearly it's some sort of postcode lottery then. Well I tried for several hours and got nothing. Pathetic.

Have they actually said what colours the second & third drops will be? Will they be the same as this one? I got the impression they will be different but are we supposed to order without knowing what they'll be?

Have they actually said what colours the second & third drops will be? Will they be the same as this one? I got the impression they will be different but are we supposed to order without knowing what they'll be?

Qvcuk don't seem to tell about ad options! Someone posted on qvc usa forum the shades - "the honey lavender is in all the shipments. The 2nd shipment says the blush is sorano, a rose pink and the lip stain is Tuscan berry, a deep berry red. The 3rd shipment is Florence for the blush, a soft neutral pink, and Tuscan blush lippie, a soft nude pink"

I also found this video on YouTube - someone talking about the kit - showing products close up with swatches! Fast forward to 07.20 for Laura Geller talk

Found this also:

Connecticut based private equity firm, Tengram Capital Partners, has become an investor in the cosmetic industry and acquired a stake in Laura Geller Makeup.

The brand has been sold on the direct-selling network, QVC for 15 years. It’s brick-and-mortar distribution consists of 600 Ulta doors, with plans for adding an additional 600 doors in the spring. Geller revealed that Ulta plans to double the brand’s merchandising space from its present three-foot gondola to a six-foot size.

The brand gained fame in the “primer” category with the release of a texture leveling pre-foundation product called spackle® (image left). It’s not a word most women choose to associate with their makeup products. But despite the name, it became the brand’s icon product and put them firmly in the public eye.

Geller said Tengram’s participation will allow the company to invest in marketing and advertising for the first time. “Marketing will enable the brand to have a bigger presence,” she said, noting that it also will allow her “to look at other retail opportunities,” as long as present relationships are not harmed.
The company is also looking to expand distribution overseas. The brand is only sold outside the U.S. through QVC (in the U.K., Italy and Germany). Geller acknowledged that eventually the company will be represented in department stores. “We are going to get to it,” she said.

Richard Gersten, a partner of TCP, shares that the goal is to grow the company “beyond the U.S., beyond QVC and beyond the product category,”, adding that Laura Geller Makeup will be kept within the prestige category.

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. According to estimates by industry sources, Laura Geller Makeup generates $75 million in retail sales annually.

© 2012 Playing With Makeup™ - All Rights Reserved

I went for the auto delivery. However, I am a tad disappointed that the highlighter is the same in all 3 kits. I already have the Honey Lavender highlighter from the Macaroons kit so by the end of the auto delivery, I'll have 4 of them! They take ages to use up too.

Its a no from me and i can't see many people nipping down the high street with that bag it is very long and thin.

I'm on the fence with this TSV. I want to try the Spackle and the lip stain, but that is it. The blush I could take or leave, the highlighter I already have and I certainly do not need any more B&B. Also, the bags don't interest me at all.

I went for the auto delivery. However, I am a tad disappointed that the highlighter is the same in all 3 kits. I already have the Honey Lavender highlighter from the Macaroons kit so by the end of the auto delivery, I'll have 4 of them! They take ages to use up too.

Yes me too - it would have been nice to have different highlighters - the vanilla would've been good. Also would've been nice to try different primer formulations! The foundation takes ages to use up as well - certainly longer than 90 days! They actually showed the ad options on screen - the October shipment looks very red! The January - normal everyday pinks. I'm not going for it as only interested in the blush and some on qvc us said that the peach blush is almost bright orange so you might have to use it lightly! I think I already have a blush in a similar shade though from illasmasqua called lover. I'm sure the LG is pretty too though :)

Do you think they have a model who resembles a transvestite on purpose? I bet they sell loads of makeup to men that like to play on QVC.

You will get a brush in each auto delivery set won't you?

I have gone for it, and for the first time ever, on auto-deliver. I really like the look of all three lip and cheek products and use BnB and spackle all the time, so even if I gave away the extra hi-lighters, it is still good value for me. Not sure why they decided to put the same hi lighter in each set!

Problem with me is any time I have ever decided not to buy a Lg TSV, I have always ended up kicking myself.

I don't think it's a very good TSV, or auto delivery option.

I just don't get why people need so much B&B, it lasts for aaaaaaaages. Ending up with 3 in the space of 6 months seems an awful lot, and then the rest of items in the auto delivery drops are so samey, same highlighter, same spackle, useless bags, another identical brush, just seems and odd auto delivery collection to me.

Maybe it's because I'm just not mad on LG products, I want to love them but I think there's just as good out on the dreaded high street, as with most make up Q sell.

Last edited:
Its a no from me and i can't see many people nipping down the high street with that bag it is very long and thin.

well to be fair you're not actually buying the bag, you're buying the amazing laura geller make-up, the bag is just an added extra.

Well, I've gone for it on the auto delivery.
Having finally stopped trying just about every foundation out there I've realised that the B&B in Porcelain is really the best thing for me. Got zapped with the No7 thingy in a Boots to be told their palest shade was perfect, only to find it was too dark & made my skin look dirty. I've used BE in Fair a lot but prefer the shade & finish, without the mess, of B&B.
Love the blushers anyway, the SPF in Spackle is very timely with this weather, the lipstick looks a perfect summer peach. The bag & brush I'm not bothered about.

I'm happy to buy the highlighter of you Red if you like.

does anyone think that maybe this will be the last LG TSV for a while if its on auto delivery? she has said she's never done an auto delivery before, and ali young said last night (at midnight) that it would be the perfect way to make sure you are stocking up on the products you love at the special price as you don't know when you'll see it again...

It is unusual of Laura to offer an AD, but as per the post that says that Laura is expanding her business I thought that it was due to this.

Latest posts

Back