Lee Bradley (ex Philosophy QVC) on TVSN...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
So, TVSN started up on freeview here in Australia the other day. Naturally I tuned in out of curiosity and well, lets just say it makes QVC look like an Oscar winning, highly professional, knowledgable shopping channel! OMG! It's soooooo bad, it took me a while to regonise the presenter but I eventually clocked that it was beloved Lee from Philosophy. I can only imagine that while he might be enjoying life Down Under he can't compare the experience of working on TVSN after being on QVC.

I caught some of a beauty show, Lee and a female guest/presenter (couldn't tell which but she knew absolutely sod all about the products they were presenting!). It went something like this:

Lee: so this is the Todays Special Offer (sound familiar?!)?

Herself: Er, er, yes! And it's great. I mean, look at what you get!

Lee: So what's in the kit?

Herself: er, er, um, well, um, you get two of these.....(long pause while she squints at tubes of liquid eyeshadows).....eyeshadows! That's what they are, eyeshadows! She proceeds to daub about a pint of each across her hand in a very unattractive manner, definitely not doing the products any favours.

Lee: and what else?

Herself: um, there's a mascara. And....um.....two....lip......colours. Look at these! It's great.

Lee: erm, what's that then?

Herself: the whole kit, it's...er...great! you get everything you need (but doesn't bother telling us everything that's actually in it)

It was PAINFUL! They kept changing items before they'd even listed what was in the previous one, when showing a kit one part of the screen listed the colours: Sand/Plum/Coral. Another part of the same shot said 'available in Scarlet and Brown only!!!'. Erm, what?? It looks like it's filmed in a shed in someone's back yard and P&P on everything is just short of $10!

Can't see me purchasing any time soon, they have very few brands that I recognise but based on the presentations I wouldn't go near it.

Tx

I think he was on Ideal World presenting Silk Oil of Morocco (or something equally unmemorable!). Looked a bit fuller in the face as I recall.....

Latest posts

Back