Lengthy Extensions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
It is I believe this idea that long hair equals youth. Flowing thick hair which many as they get into their 40s + goes thinner, and they go for the bob. I remember reading an article and a hairdresser openly admitted they pushed women to have bobs as they are so easy and quick to do.

Alexsis has nice hair. she obviously dyes it but it suits her long for now. Catherine is young and her hair is in good condition. Flinty dyes her hair and barring those horrible badger stripes still has a good head of hair.

It is I believe this idea that long hair equals youth. Flowing thick hair which many as they get into their 40s + goes thinner, and they go for the bob. I remember reading an article and a hairdresser openly admitted they pushed women to have bobs as they are so easy and quick to do.

That's EXACTLY why I have steered clear of hairdressers for years, and that sentence is SO true ! When I did make a visit I always said I didn't want the "Tesco Bob" - ie women over a certain age who have a 'just below the ears' one length style, because that's what you see around the supermarkets.

Its the Stepford Wife of hairstyles.

Oh LATI, I now have visions of Ken Dodd ! which I'm sure its not. Can't you wear it up, with a few strandly tendrils ?

I've noticed that hair extensions by many on the tele are at Rapunzel levels ! Jane Catherine's are at boob level, Alex's are almost reaching that point, not sure if Katherine Goldsmith owns her own, but it seems the longer the better now. Even news reporters are not immune........ https://www.tvnewsroom.co.uk/biography-images/ellie-costello-259670/#jp-carousel-259677
Unless you hang your extensions on the bedpost when you turn in, they are uncomfortable to wear 7x24. I don't wear them any more, but when I did, the worst thing was not being able to give your scalp a good scrubbing with your fingers and not being able to shampoo often.

Unless you hang your extensions on the bedpost when you turn in, they are uncomfortable to wear 7x24. I don't wear them any more, but when I did, the worst thing was not being able to give your scalp a good scrubbing with your fingers and not being able to shampoo often.
Thanks for the reality insight. I often wondered about that. It must be quite limited on styles as well , because if you put your hair up then I envisage lumpy sightings of hair joins :oops:

A lady I know had really thin hair, especially on top and she had short extensions put in. It looks completely real and has taken years off her. Looks great. I had them years ago and I looked like a mermaid - far too much hair on a small, short person 🧜‍♀️ If they are done properly the modern ones are very realistic.

CC

I know someone who had above shoulder-length hair and extensions in. She insists she has very thin hair, yet when she had them taken out I swear her hair was just the same.

All I know, if I in the street and walking or standing behind someone, I can spot their extensions straight away.

I'm not keen. Young girls (often poor ones in Baltic states & india) Are 'encouraged' to sell their own hair. The good extensions are always 'virgin' hair. Just doesn't sit well with me. Would they be so popular if named differently?

Brazilians: men, women, and children (I should think only the poor) sell their hair. It's coveted because it is beautiful hair. Some women in the USA wear horse hair extensions.

Yes, my friend is the same. She has short blonde fine thinning hair, and her short extension is exactly the same colour - and the difference it makes when she wears it is amazing.
Is it a so-called "topper?"

Hopefully the income from her Wylde Moon products should give her some comfort, because she might have to rely on that now if her reputation and career is down the toilet.

Latest posts

Back