Leopard Print

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Big fashion spread in today's D/Mail, and Ruthless might like to know what is suggested with Leopard Print.

SAVE: Providing it's the classy sort - and NOT in a stretchy fabric, or sheer, or flouncy..... bring it out.

DITCH: Coloured animal prints, especially neons.

There you go Ruthless, your coloured animal prints are so passe - or, out of date and frumpy. 🤭

Big fashion spread in today's D/Mail, and Ruthless might like to know what is suggested with Leopard Print.

SAVE: Providing it's the classy sort - and NOT in a stretchy fabric, or sheer, or flouncy..... bring it out.

There you go Ruthless, your coloured animal prints are so passe - or, out of date and frumpy. 🤭
She's done blue and grey and burgundy that I know of. I don't for a second think she likes animal print. She puts her name on it because she's advised that it will sell. Same goes for her lurid orange and pink colours. They look good on some women who happen to have a compatible skin colour. Not flattering on Jackie, but she will wear whatever she's told to wear. She's one of Ruth's sheep. Baaah.

I don’t have any animal print at all - complete outfits, lined or trimmed with it outfits. I don’t like it but I’m probably in the minority. Also, “normal” coloured animal print is understandable, but I’ve never seen a puce, blue or green animal.

I tend to shy away from overt florals. Give me animal print in preference. I don't feel, or look, Bet Lynch.
With any prints, they can look chep and garish if you put the wrong things with them.
We all should just enjoy wearing what we like.
I am sure if the clothes fit, we feel comfortable in them, and they flatter our colouring and shape, we have lift-off!! I 👍👍

I want to be overlooked rather than looked over, as Helene Berman says. But she says it the other way around. Italian women where I live (a small community who are mostly nosey parkers) look each other up and down and don't try to hide it. Then, the facial expressions start behind your back and you know they are discussing your whole wardrobe. I don't wear animal print because I don't like it on myself and also, I don't want to be picked apart by busybodies.

I want to be overlooked rather than looked over, as Helene Berman says. But she says it the other way around. Italian women where I live (a small community who are mostly nosey parkers) look each other up and down and don't try to hide it. Then, the facial expressions start behind your back and you know they are discussing your whole wardrobe. I don't wear animal print because I don't like it on myself and also, I don't want to be picked apart by busybodies.
If you have style gatekeepers you will be looked over and picked apart regardless. Wear what you like with confidence andd forget about such busybodies.

I never take any notice of what the fashion articles say - It's all down to what's on the catwalk and has been adapted for the high street at any given time. You'll probably find that next year, the article will say "don't be shy, it's all about the neons, animal prints, florals, spots - the louder the better"
If you like the look of something, buy it. I know what you're saying about Ruth, she'll come out with all the "fashion" crap but at the end of the day I very much doubt whether her fans care whether her styles are in vogue or not!

I agree, merryone. I’ve never bothered to follow the latest trends but wear what I know suits me. I steer clear of animal print and tend to go with patterns or plain, rather than large flowery designs. I never colour clash, I don’t own any cold shoulder tops and if I have a patterned top then I wear plain at the bottom, and vice versa. Nor do I have any tops with slogans on or glittery stars/sequins etc.

My style is probably classed as “boring” to some, but what I wear suits me and people do make nice comments about what I’m wearing.

(I don’t own any jeans or any jumpsuits either. 😉)

Latest posts

Back