Liz Earle - Is it just me?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A slight tangent here. I switched to the oil cleansing method a few weeks ago and I've found it very effective. I use it every night and the Elemis chamomile cleanser in the morning, both with muslin cloths that I got from E Bay and they are more coarse than the LE ones. TBH I prefer them as they give me more of a "polish".

Anyway my main point is that I wish QVC would offer an oil-based facial cleanser. Decleor used to sell one but it's been discontinued. I actually discovered this method after a Decleor facial when the therapist gave me some samples of the oil. There are recipes on MSE for mixing your own cleansing oil but I prefer to buy ready-made.

Linda :nod:

It was reading your Oil Cleansing thread that made me try it Eric's Mum - I had in a bottle of Jojoba Oil I got from the health shop when I developed eczema on my hands, so I'm using that - it's brill! I use a microfibre cloth to remove it..I believe an ordinary flannel will work just as well, but for anyone who likes muslin cloths I saw some in Tesco the other day, think they're part of the Be Natural range. The oil cost me £10 and will last ages as I only use a 10p size portion each evening. I do also like the Boots Botanics cleanser which someone else mentioned...I was actually trying this out when I read about the oil cleansing...can recommend both.

I think Sarah Chapman does an oli based cleanser too. I haven't tried it but when I've got through my current stockpile of cleansers, I'm going to try an balm cleanser.

For anyone who still uses C&P the LE one is going to be on offer at it's original price of £9ish for one day only I think it's on her web site this week.

For anyone who still uses C&P the LE one is going to be on offer at it's original price of £9ish for one day only I think it's on her web site this week.

Perhaps they've realised that people have noticed the change and it's not been selling so well. I can't help but feel that we're seeing the slow demise of the LE brand now. With the sell-off, she's not going to have as much interest in the product and I'm sure she's not in a position of needing the money it generates now. You can't ride on industry connections for ever. I'm sure it's helped her out an awful lot but it can only go so far and that's why she's gotten out now.

Cleanse and Polish has definitely changed. It used to be thick and great to use but now it's gone all thin and watery and you need to use twice as much to achieve the same effect. I've used it for years but I won't buy it now. I prefer the Elemis one now but I get it at half the price on Ebay shops. I wouldn't pay QVC prices.

I could have written your post myself, I love the new Elemis cleanser and yes I get it off Ebay.

I placed an order for some Cleanse & Polish from Liz's website and when it came the other day I was pleased to receive a trial Skin Repair Light. I immediately gave it to my 27 year old daughter to use as she had been using another brand and I told her this would be so much nicer. Within 24 hours she had come out in a couple of spots (that she doesn't normally get). How guilty did I feel!

Changing the subject from C & P. The lady who is now presenting Liz Earle; is she a relative ? she looks, sounds and has the same mannerisms as LE herself.

If you want REALLY good value Elemis try Essentials Pharmacy, they do really great offers and always include a freebie pack worth about £40 ! I have a case full of good size freebies. The Marine Cream for 100 ml is £99 for instance.

Definitely worth a look

i have taken years to discover that all the premium brands make me break out badly .becuase they are soooo highly scented which is a shame as i love the fragrances from decleor,clarins,elemis.
maybe its the essential oils or that as they are anti-ageing and i dont really need antiageing as i have a normal skin.

Sarah Chapman uses silicones in all of her products, even the cleanser ! :sad:

Have to say, silicones or not, I switched to Sarah Chapman (not from LE, but from an elemis/decleor combination) and have, for the first time in my life, had compliments on the way my skin looks - I literally saw an overnight improvement! I use the SC cleanser at night (it is oil based but a balm texture) and Elemis cleanser in the morning. DH uses LE and am just about to order him some C & P which he swears by for his very dry and sensitive psoriasis prone skin.

I have used the Tesco Bnatural organic cream cleanser for 5 years now and have never had a problem with it. I would recommend it to anyone :up:

At just under £5, it does everything C&P does, even taking off my heavy mascara. It also seems to last longer than C&P. If your Tesco stocks it, please try it. Even if you don't agree, you have only spent £5 and can still use it to clean your hands.

:clapping::clapping:

LE has certainly lost it's shine for me. In fact I still have some C&P left in one of the big tubes from a TSV a couple of TSVs back. I really seemed to go off it when they changed the formulation slightly (despite their protestations that there should be no difference). I like the Tesco B Natural C&P knock off too and have used that on several occasions.

I've given up finding the "perfect" skincare. I just use what suits me at the time. Which will probably be the best thing since sliced bread until the next best thing comes along and I wonder how I ever manage without it!

Am using up a few bits at the moment. Currently using the rest of a 400ml bottle of Elemis cleanser, Boots No7 toner, SBC Vitamin C gel (yes I know about the alcohol content and I don't know why but it seems to make such a difference!) with a cheapy Q10 SPF15 moisturiser from Asda!

My skin's actually looking the best it's looked for ages. Even my OH (who proably wouldn't notice if my skin turned green normally) remarked how smooth and even it looked the other day!

Can't see me being tempted by LE any more. Products don't do it for me any more and the soft focus "we're so natural and wholesome" presentation is way OTT.

i switch between the soap and glory hot cloth cleanser and the neutrogena wave power cleanser use the wave if i'm in a mad rush as it's so quick and easy i too won't go back to LE just don't appeal to me anymore my skin became so much more dryer just wasn't working they should have stuck to the phrase if it ain't broke don't fix it

I was disappointed with liz earle and I didn't want to buy anything but I just can't replace the cleanse and polish as other cleansers aren't the same for eye make up (don't mind elemis for the day time) and also I am not about to pay £100 for the elemis moisturiser just to spite liz. most brands look after older skin but not oily young skin which is annoying but another reason not to leave liz. I do use other brands abit where I would never had before like the elemis in the morning and the decleor balm in the evening which is great and SBC as well.

I am trying to work out if the cleanser is thinner or not, but have not noticed a packaging deterioration.

Well this thread answers my question, I have been using some old stock C&P but after using that I ordered some more and have had to use two or three pumps as it is definately thinner. I bought a duo pack but after finishing these I won't be buying any more I might have a look at the Boots hot cloth cleanser. I have some Decleor to finish (just love the smell :flower:) but I do like the hot cloth cleanse in the morning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back