Liz Earle 'new award'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

debunker

Registered Shopper
Well Liz Earle has just surpassed herself in a bid to push her plant based natural products claiming that Kigelia is a new wonder palnt that will firm your breasts. What tosh she talks there is no evidence whatsoever that this plant extract will do anything of the kind.

Kigelia africanaextract. Extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The African lore about this extract is that it can firm breast tissue, but there is no supporting research for this myth. The research on this ingredient is limited and mostly in vitro, but it does appear to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (Sources: Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, August 2007, pages 433–438; and Journal of Natural Products, November 2005, pages 1610–1614).

If making bogus claims for plant extracts wasn't enough for one show she then went on to claim that she had a 'theory' that plant oils were better for dry lips that mineral oil or petroleum jelly and what is more that mineral oil and petroleum jelly (not being plant extracts you understand) made your lips dry!!!!

She really shouldn't be allowed to get away with she comes out with. I'd like to give her an award all right not sure she would be too eager to brag about it though. The award for the most misleading QVC skin care guest of all time. The Porky Award after her new wonder product derived from the (pork) sausage tree.

Rant over - and hello all. Been ready your all yourmusings for a while now (and chuckling) but it was only the oh so superior Ms Earle starting to expound on plant oils > than anything that could enduce me to post.

Welcome debunker................and what a great first post too. Yes I'm afraid I have to switch over when she comes on as she does talk a load of carp.

i hate the way that the beauty industry massages each others back and therefore pockets.

also i am not impressed with her fragrance offering smelling a little too much like a dozen or more other vintage fragrances.
since when has an essence been an edp...god forbid whats an essence apart from the synthetic but usefull vanilla one i use for cake making.

the tawaka tribe use "ojon" and have lovely hair: does all the tribe using this magic ingredient have firm breasts.

please liz leave well alone you are slipping into the mire!:wave:

Hi debunker and welcome to the forum. Liz is a very astute business woman and I think the timing of her sellout to avon was probably brilliant. She doubtless sold at top dollar just as c&p lookalikes started to flood the market. Thought she was unnecessarily girlish and coy about the shiny hair and the miracle products to come next month. I like her range but there are limits to what anything in a pot can achieve.

Well Liz Earle has just surpassed herself in a bid to push her plant based natural products claiming that Kigelia is a new wonder palnt that will firm your breasts. What tosh she talks there is no evidence whatsoever that this plant extract will do anything of the kind.

Kigelia africanaextract. Extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The African lore about this extract is that it can firm breast tissue, but there is no supporting research for this myth. The research on this ingredient is limited and mostly in vitro, but it does appear to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties (Sources: Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, August 2007, pages 433–438; and Journal of Natural Products, November 2005, pages 1610–1614).

If making bogus claims for plant extracts wasn't enough for one show she then went on to claim that she had a 'theory' that plant oils were better for dry lips that mineral oil or petroleum jelly and what is more that mineral oil and petroleum jelly (not being plant extracts you understand) made your lips dry!!!!

She really shouldn't be allowed to get away with she comes out with. I'd like to give her an award all right not sure she would be too eager to brag about it though. The award for the most misleading QVC skin care guest of all time. The Porky Award after her new wonder product derived from the (pork) sausage tree.

Rant over - and hello all. Been ready your all yourmusings for a while now (and chuckling) but it was only the oh so superior Ms Earle starting to expound on plant oils > than anything that could enduce me to post.

:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun::sun: Hello and welcome, have fun posting more goodies

Ha ha very good Donna!

Going back to 'plant oil' V petroleum for lips I believed this for years and seemed to become addcited to plant based lip balms needing to reapply every 20 mins to keep my lips comfortable.

I used lots of balms, Neals Yard, Gale Hayman, Liz Earle and then one day left home without a lip balm. I immediately had to go to a supermarket as I knew my lips would be uncomfortable within minutes. Reluctantly I purchased a petroleum based product for £2.24, Carmex. I used it twice that day and once again before bed.

I can honestly say within days my dry lips were cured! I now apply carmex once in the morning, once at work, and once before bed and my lips are no longer dry or uncomfortable. So I say pants to this theory as I have found a cheap product that actually works :tongue:

i agree with the plant oil theory and superbalm does not do it for me tbh. pure she butter is a lot better but a small tin of vaseline beats them all.

skincare:used high street/avon for years. beautifull flawless skin often commented on.
started on the decleor/clarins/elemis/eve lom bandwagon years of erupting/spotty/sensitised skin all because the ingredients are over hyped as natural and therefore better they are not necesarily. expensive yes better no!:angry:

For me natural, plant based products saved me from dry, rough, red, sore skin and cracked lips but I
can't stand Liz SOH Bypass Earle; she gives plant based skincare a bad name. Small companies used plant ingredients years before she jumped on the band-wagon using her pals in the industry to overly hype her gloop, as if she were the first to come up with idea. She has much integrity as Attlia the Hun.

As for the sausage tree, I think the Tampon Tree would be a better description!

Thanks for great info on Kigelia :) I have used this bust gel and it was fab actually - I found it really worked, so who knows???! Guess you can always send it back if it doesn't do it for you. Don't find Vaseline works on lips - Jojoba plant oil much better:tongue:

Its plant based all the wya for me nad has been for around 13 years since my early 20s. I started to have skin problems then and it was just the route I went down.

i have to say that I've had as many problems with natiral ingreideitns as I have when I've strayed and tried something with mineral oil or fragrance in but for me natural is my preference.

I have to say I think Liz Earle is an absolutely fantastic business woman but I do think she cares about her range and the ingreidents she uses.

I also think that if I was in her shoes nad had industry friends happy to help me peddle my wares then I would do what she has done.

I have to say I'm still not entirely sure about hte Avon sell out but someone on the LE facebook site put a really interesting post about Avon's animal testing procedures

Yeah, I suppose if you rubbed the contents of a 'sausage' on your breasts it would firm them up...

Latest posts

Back